Aloe Vera is thought by the people of Africa to bring good luck to those who possess it. To create some good fortune of your own, place an Aloe Vera plant on your altar. Place pieces of agate in various places around the aloe plant, and place a yellow candle in front of the plant. Inscribe the words “To bring good luck” on the candle, and repeat the following verse while lighting the candle:
My home is a garden,
Surrounded by a wall of luck,
And made on peculiar ground.
This is a spot enclosed by grace,
Out of the reach of the world’s negativity
And surrounded by fortune’s flame.
Allow the candle to burn in a safe place until it extinguishes itself.
Fairies and clovers are connected in lore and legend. For this spell, you will first need to find a four leafed clover. This is not always simple to do, and part of the reason the fairies will bless you with their presence is that you put forth quite a bit of effort in the search.
Once you have found the four leafed clover, lay seven grains of wheat over it. Concentrate on your desire to see or communicate with the fairy realm. If luck is with you, the fairies will appear or speak to you.
Source: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
Dreams can be merely entertaining or intense and prophetic. Many natural aids to dreaming can be found in the garden!
- If you want peaceful dreams that are relaxing, place a vase of jasmine by your bed.
- If you are having nightmares and wish them stopped, place morning glories in the vase instead.
- If you need to learn something in a dream, place a bay leaf under your pillow and ask for the knowledge.
- If you just want nice dreams, use a sachet of lavender.
- If you want to send a psychic dream to a loved one, blow the seeds off the top of a dandelion in his or her direction and project your wish, then go right to sleep.
If you want your dreams to come true, you can do one of two spells:
At midnight on a Friday, in silence, gather nine small non-spiny holly leaves and wrap them in a cloth. Place them under your pillow, make your wish, and go to sleep. Your dreams will come true.
Another ancient spell is to scatter marigold flowers under your bed, make your wish, and then say:
Wish I want and wish I may
Come to me through dream so fair
Come by night and come by day
Come, thou wish, and ride thee here
From: Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
Whatever you do to bring life to your garden will bring faeries as well. First of all, plant plants that attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. This will also attract the fae. So put up hummingbird feeders, bird feeders, bird baths, bird houses, even bat houses. Small fountains, ponds, faery statues, or waterfalls are all good.
Here’s a short list of plants that attract faeries to your garden:
- Common yarrow, Achillea millefolium
- New York aster, Aster novi-belgii
- Shasta daisy, Chrysanthemum maximum
- Western giant hyssop or horsemint, Agastache occidentalis
- French lavender, Lavendula dentata
- Rosemary, Rosemarinus officinalis
- Thyme, Thymus
- Fountain butterfly bush, Buddleia alternifolia
- Orange-eye butterfly bush, summer lilac, Buddleia davidii
- Shrubby cinquefoil, Potentilla fruitiosa
- Common garden petunia, Petunia hybrida
- Verbenas, vervains, Verbena
- Pincushion flowers, Scabiosa caucasica
- Cosmos, Cosmos bipinnatus
- Common zinnia, Zinnia elegans
They also love the following plants and trees:
Foxglove, primrose, ragwort, cowslips, pansies, bluebells, clover (3-leaf, not 4-leaf), St. John’s wort, hazel, rowan, blackthorn, oak, willow, elder, birch, alder, apple, ash, and especially toadstools.
Dedicating the Faery Garden
Once the garden is started, you might want to ritually dedicate it as a Faery garden sanctuary. Begin by walking the around the garden with an athame (wand) pointed at its boundaries (much like casting a circle). Then sprinkle the perimeter of the garden with a branch of fir dipped in salted spring water. Finally, walk the boundaries of the garden with a lighted incense stick. (It can be left to burn in the ground when you finish.) Then with a wand of hazel, slowly walk around the garden greeting each plant with words like:
Spirits of the (insert plant name),
I welcome your presence in the garden.
Feel your love flow from your heart, down your wand, and out the end of the wand. Be sure to welcome all plants, stones, and trees. Nature spirits are easily offended. Conclude your ritual with these words:
In the name of the Goddess and the God,
I declare this garden a sanctuary
For the spirits of nature
And the children of the Gods.
When you are finished, leave a gift — cookies, soda, ale, cream, or bright, shiny things like rings, beads, or stones.
From: Ancient Ways
Here is a great idea for spell work involving beans. You will need three dried beans large enough to write on, and a fine point indelible marker. Write directly on each bean what it is that you want to grow, cultivate, and harvest in your life. This could be money, love, soul mate, happiness, peace, joy, confidence, etc. Each bean can have the same word (symbols are also fine) or you can write three different words on the same subject.
- For example: money, $$$ (dollar signs), paychecks.
Now plant the beans in a pot filled with good soil. Make sure your magical beans receive lots of tender loving care, along with proper amounts of sunshine and water. Each day, as you take care of them, think about what you might also do to nurture and take care of whatever it is that you would like to create in your life.
For example, if you are growing magical beans to bring a lover into your life – it might be a good idea to lovingly prepare the bedroom. If you are working to bring happiness, think about small things that you could actually do that might put a smile on your face. As you care for your beans, ideas will come to you – act on them.
When your plants are sturdy, strong and have outgrown their pot, transfer them to a larger container, or transplant them outside where they can reach their full potential.
Don’t get discouraged if your bean plants don’t thrive. Simply do a little research as to what might have gone wrong, and try again. Eventually they will grow and thrive, as will you!
This post was written by Shirley Twofeathers, you may repost and share it only if you give me credit and a link back to The Book of Shadows. Blessed be.
On the night of the full moon, go into your garden, pour a libation of fresh spring water, and say:
Plants of wonder plants of power
Increase in potency by minute and hour
I conjure you now, I charge you with strength
I give you life of infinite length
And boundless magical energy
As I will it, plants, charged you be.
Don’t forget to bless your garden spirits as well. Leave some fragrant herbs strewn in the garden, or string some silver bells, and say the following:
All members of the Sprite and Fey
I offer myself to you this day
For spiritual harvest and your work here below
So that I may flower and blossom and grow
And learn of myself and that up ahead
While working or playing or dreaming in bed
And in return, there is nothing I ask
But that within your magic spirit can bask
Gather together a green votive candle and a yellow votive and dress them with patchouli oil. Place the candles near (but not near enough to scorch) the plant you wish to protect and grow vibrantly and say the following words as you light the candles:
I beseech thee now
Be kind, Flora!”
Allow the candles to burn completely.
In Roman mythology, Flora was a goddess of flowers and the season of spring and calling upon her will ensure the health and well being of your plants. Repeat this spell for every plant in your garden or home.
Long term relationships are like a garden. They need to be sowed, fertilized, weeded, and watered to grow beautifully. Even if you’re doing all of those things, storms can come along and jostle things up. That’s part of what makes a long term relationship both difficult and rewarding.
Here’s a bit of old time gardening magick that can work wonders when it comes to nurturing a relationship.
To begin, you need three seeds from a flowering plant that speaks to you of love. (If you need ideas, you can take a look at The Language of Flowers – a definitive list of flowers and their meanings.) You’ll also need a red-colored planter, good potting soil, and an amethyst crystal (for nurturing love).
Name the seeds after yourself, your partner, and your overall relationship (the sacred We). Every day as you tend the seeds, speak gentle, encouraging words into the soil. Talk about your wishes for your relationship, and let those wishes grow to maturity in rich soil. Meanwhile, begin sharing those wishes and hopes with your partner, and finding ways to work on them together.
By the time the seeds fully blossom, you should notice an improvement in the level of emotion present in your relationship.
Magickal and healing herb gardens are sanctuaries of the soul. Indeed, any garden is a magickal on to the Witch. It isn’t long before we walk along our Earth based path that we as Pagans, Wiccans and Witches feel the need to play in the dirt. There is a spiritual need and excitement when sinking our hands deep into the earth or nourishing and caring and watching a plant grow into maturity. This alone is pure Earth Magick. Stable and strong.
Gardens can be both products of enchantment and independent producers of enchantment; they are a living, on-going magic spell. Gardens may be arranged in any variety of ways – color-coordinated, whatever was on sale at the nursery, even completely haphazardly. If you select, coordinate, and arrange plants according to the magic powers they radiate, then planting a garden becomes one style of casting a spell.
Thus your desire to draw wealth, protection, or fertility to one’s home is manifested by carefully arranging the appropriate plants, and vigilantly removing those possessing opposing, contradictory powers.
This obviously is a long-term extended magic spell, rather than the type of quick-fix luck spell you might choose for a spontaneous trip to a casino. How will you benefit from this type of garden spell?
- The actual spell-casting and then time spent among the botanicals and their radiant energy creates the desired adjustment on your own energy.
- The radiant energy of the coordinated garden draws and/or repels the targeted goal to you and your home in a more powerful manner than one botanical or amulet could achieve alone.
This spell is a symbiotic, reciprocal process, which ultimately strengthens all living participants for their mutual benefit. The garden will additionally attract complementary animal and spirit allies who will also contribute to the success of your spell.
This type of magic spell is not limited to those with access to personal property or sunny weather. Magick spell gardens may be created indoors in pots. Furthermore, an entire garden need not be created; orne or two individual plants may be grown as part of a magic spell or to further other magic spells.
Some other ways to bring magick into your witches garden are as follows:
- Decorate your pots or other gardening tools with symbols and/or runes.
- Place clear quartz crystals or moss agate (the gardeners stone) within the soil to amplify and charge your plants and help your plants flourish and grow.
- Water your plants with water that has been blessed and charged, this will also amplify and nourish your plants.
- Create a moon charged gem elixir with clear quartz, excellent for watering your plants.
- During the growing season you may chose to do a mini-full moon ritual to give thanks and gratitude to Gaia for abundantly blessing you with her sacred gifts of nature.
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Magickal Sign Lost Animal Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Getting Help From the Dragon King by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Spells For Fertility by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Protection Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Cat Healing Chant by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 105 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 12 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments