What follows is a simple purification ritual that can be used on crystals and stones, and other sacred objects. This rite is best done at sunrise or during the day, on your altar (if you have one) or on any table that can be used for this purpose.
Fill a basin with pure water and place this to the west on the table or altar. Next, light a red candle and set this to the south. Light some incense and place this to the east. Finally, place a dish or flowerpot filled with freshly dug earth to the north on the altar. In between all these objects, set the stone (or stones) to be purified.
When all is readied, still your mind and pick up the stone in your projective (dominant) hand. Turn your attention toward the bowl of earth. Place the stone on it and cover with fresh earth. Say something to the effect of:
I purify you with earth!
Leave the stone there for a few minutes, all the while visualizing the earth absorbing the stone’s impurities. Then remove it, dust it clean, and hold it in the incense smoke. Pass it nine times through the smoke, from the right to the left, saying words like these:
I purify you with air!
Next, quickly pass the stone through the candle’s flame several times, saying:
I purify you with fire!
The fire burns away all negativity. Now place the stone in the water and say this or your own words:
I purify you with water!
Visualize the water washing it clean. Leave the stone in the water for a time, then dry it with a clean cloth and hold it in your receptive hand. Is the stone “clean”? If not, repeat this simple ritual as many times as necessary, until your are sure it has done it’s work. Afterward, store the stone in a special place. It is ready for use in magick.
Here is a fun way to gather the family in a simply beautiful Yule project and ritual. With supervision, most children can easily make this themselves; it makes a fun family project.
1. Gather your favorite evergreens. Choose a few cuttings each from such winter favorites as holly with berries, juniper with berries, cedar, spruce, or pine needles. If available, add a few tiny birch pine cones as well (these are one inch or less).
2. Pour water into a three-inch deep rectangular plastic (flexible) container, half full. Place three to six naturally scented beeswax, soy, or essential oil scented candles into the container. The candles should be four inches tall and three to four inches wide.
3. Add the evergreens and berries to the container in a pleasing arrangement around the candles. Cover the greens with more water so they’ll appear to float once frozen. Be careful not to over fill; the plastic container should be two-thirds full of water in the end.
4. Place in the freezer until frozen (or outdoors if it’s cold enough). Freeze until solid.
5. Slide out the rectangular ice block with the evergreens and candles frozen inside. Turn onto a fireproof plate (a high-fired glazed ceramic plate would serve well) or an old cookie sheet covered with foil. You can accentuate the display by placing polished stones or polished glass beads around the edges of the ice.
6. Light the candles. Say a winter prayer, offer a blessing, and be thankful to our essential elements of fire, water, air, and earth.
Here are a few more ideas for this Fire and Ice project.
From: Four Seasons of Mojo
The get what they deserve spell can either be a hex or gift it all depends on the person you’re casting the spell over, and what karma has in store for them. (Bad luck or Good luck).
You will need the following items for this spell:
- Piece of paper
- A picture of the person, if not a picture then their full name spelled CORRECTLY.
- A lighter or match
- Something you can put the paper in, a tin or bowl.
This spell is for those who believe a harmful spell can backfire, in this case you’re not causing harm, unless they deserve it.
Take your piece of paper write the words Get what you deserve on one side and on the other write the persons full name, with correct spelling, or just a picture. Fold the paper anyway you like and burn it. Let it burn to ash, and the spell is complete. After you have completed this spell, it will take time for it to take effect, but have faith. The person will get what they deserve. If the person doesn’t deserve to be punished or harmed, the spell will simply give them good luck.
Spellwork done on other people has a tendency to rebound back to the spell caster. So, be prepared to also get what you deserve – which could be many good things. Or not..
Found at: Spells of Magic
Gather certain fallen twigs;
One of hazel, one of oak,
One of elm, and one of willow;
Hold them to the fire’s smoke,
Say this softly, seven times all:
Turner be turned,
Burner be burned:
Let only good
Come out of this wood.
Spit on each and break it small
Cast them in the fire’s mouth –
The curse will die with the fire’s death.
Best performed during the waning moon. Light a pink candle for self-love; anoint it with the oil of your choice. Next light a brown candle. Engrave the number of pounds you want to lose on it, then visualize banishing the excess weight. Runes can be carved on it if you wish. Incense can be burned; visualize the smoke carrying away the excess poundage. Adapt the spell to your own personal needs.
Source: Old Witchcraft
When using fire and ice together, you are calling for a natural balance to take place. It can be a balance of the self, a balance of a situation, or even a balance of the checkbook. This is a great spell to do during an Eclipse.
You will need:
- A large clear glass bowl
- Equal amounts of water and ice
- 3 floating candles (these can be multicolored, white, gray, or brown)
- Handful of salt
Place the ice in the bowl. Add the salt and say, ” I cast off any negativity and purify this ice. It is blessed by the Goddess and the God.” Add enough water to make the surface smooth, and bless it in the same manner.
Place the candles in the bowl and say:
“I call upon my higher self
to bring my being into harmony.
I will myself to be balanced in all situations.
So mote it be!”
Clap your hands three times and light the candles. This is a good time to reflect on which areas of your life need balance the most. It also is a beautiful sight to sit and watch the ice melt while the flames dance. Spend an appropriate amount of time in reflection before you close your circle or leave the area.
From: Elemental Witch
Calling a situation into balance can be a bit tricky. For example, suppose you are upside down in your finances – more going out than you can bring in. You can use fire and ice to call for a balance. Here is a spell that can be used to bring balance to any situation.
You will need the following:
- An empty paper milk carton (quart size)
- Water, to fill the milk carton
- A gray or brown taper candle as tall as the milk carton
- A pencil
- Piece of string
- Cooking spray
- Large bowl or cauldron (gallon size)
- Sand or soil
Spray the inside of the carton with cooking spray. Tie the string to the wick of the candle. Wrap the other end of the string around the pencil. Place the candle in the milk carton and use the pencil to hold it upright by placing the pencil across the top of the carton. (You may cut small notches in the top of the carton if needed.)
Carefully fill the carton with water, leaving about an inch of the candle above the water line. Place it in the freezer. When the water is frozen solid, tear the carton away. Place the candle in your cauldron, or other large ceremonial bowl, to which a thick layer of sand or soil has been added.
Note: The bowl or cauldron must be deep enough that the layer of sand or soil will easily absorb all the melting ice without covering (and thus putting out) the lighted candle.
Say, “I call upon the universal forces of my Lord and Lady to bring balance to my life. I will that my current financial situation become balanced in the most beneficial way for me and my loved ones. As I will it, so it shall be.” (This can be reworded to fit your specific situation exactly.)
As you light the candle, visualize yourself happily spending and receiving money in perfect balance, always having enough for what is needed. Allow the candle to burn completely down, and then pour the water and sand out under a tree.
Another Note: This spell can be modified to fit any situation in which balance is needed. Simply change the wording of the spell, and visualize the desired balance.
Found in: Elemental Witch
The Summer Solstice, or Midsummer, celebrates the longest day of the year. It falls between June 20 – 22. The Summer Solstice ritual focuses on the god because summer is his time. Celebrate it outdoors if you can, or if indoors, during the day so the sun is a prominent part of your ritual.
Things You’ll Need:
- Piece of cloth or cloth pouch
- Midsummer herbs
- Piece of red string or yarn
- Midsummer flowers
- Gold or yellow robe, shirt or dress
- Yellow or gold candle
- Summer fruit
Prepare for the Summer Solstice ritual by gathering a piece of cloth or cloth pouch and midsummer herbs. Use any combination of sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, lavender, Saint John’s wort and vervain that appeals to you. Meditate on your pain, troubles, sorrows and illnesses. Tie up the cloth or pouch with a red string or yarn and save it for the ritual.
Think about the qualities of fire because the Summer Solstice ritual is a fire ritual. Contemplate what you need protection from (debt-collectors, a jealous friend, an abusive family member). Write down in what aspects of your life you need strength because the Summer Solstice ritual is a time to gather courage.
Collect flowers for your Summer Solstice ritual that are golden yellow, deep red, white, pink and purple. Whatever you wear, choose a gold or yellow color to honor the sun. Use a gold or yellow candle to represent the god in ritual.
Cook dishes with midsummer herbs such as basil, sage, thyme and rosemary. Tomato soup or sauce, with its fiery red color, is suitable for the season. Eat fresh fruit or fruit salad at the close of the ritual for a sweet end to summer.
Set up your altar with your summer flowers, golden candle, pouch of herbs and any other tools you wish to use and cast the circle. At the point most suitable to you during your Summer Solstice ritual, hold the pouch of herbs in both hands. Mentally pour all your troubles, sorrows and pain into it. At the end of the ritual, bury the pouch deep in the ground.
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Using Items or Demons To Become A Vampire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Multi-Verse Spells To Become A Vampire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using Natural Magick To Become A Vampire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Vampire Prevention Spells by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Vampire Diagnostic Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 101 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 9 Comments