Flowers from Good Friday church services may be used to protect cattle. Good Friday is indicated because of the connection to the resurrection. Because of cattle’s intrinsic connection with human fertility, any sacred day with fertility overtones, such as Beltane or Midsummer’s Eve, may be substituted, or a day with personal resonance for you if more appropriate.
- Collect some of the flowers following the conclusion of the service or ceremony.
- Burn the flowers, together with seven teaspoons of flour and three teaspoons of salt.
- Gather up the ashes and sew them into a sachet. Reserve until needed.
Should a cow fall ill from natural or suspicious causes, break the sachet open and rub the ashes over the cow’s belly three times, always in the same direction.
Alternatively, place the unbroken sachet on the ground. Lead the cow over it three times, always walking in the same direction.
Found in: The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
Here’s a great spell for May Eve, Beltane, or anytime you wish to summon faery folk.
~You will need powdered ginger and a small spoon. Set out candles at the compass directions: yellow in the east, red in the south, blue in the west, green in the north. Place a crystal or other stone beside each candle. Stand in the center of the room and send out thoughts of welcome. Chant the following:
“O spirits of plants and earth and trees, O little ones of every form, show yourselves to me, I ask, if you please. I mean no harm. Gaurdian spirits, watchers fair, our lives are joined. All things we share. Join me in friendship now, and kindness, and love.”
~ Go to the east. Light the candle. Sprinkle a little ginger by the candle, and say: “Nature spirits, faeries, dryads, and sylphs. Please hear my call. Good spirits enter this circle I made. Good spirits only, and kindness to all.”
~ Go to the south. Light the candle. Sprinkle ginger, and say: ” Star beings and devas, little beings of light, Please hear my call. Good spirits enter this circle I made. Good spirits only, and kindness to all.”
~ Go to the west. Light the candle. Sprinkle ginger, and say: “Water sprites,nymphs, naiads and undines. Please hear my call. Good spirits enter this circle I made. Good spirits only, and kindness to to all.”
~ Finish by going to the north. Light the candle. Sprinkle ginger and say: ” Little ones of the moonbeams, Please hear my call. Good spirits enter this circle I made. Good spirits only, and kindness to all.”
Sit quietly for a time, thinking about the fairy folk, be aware of their featherlight touches your body. Listen for their musical voices in your mind. Talk to them if you wish. When communication is finished, stand in the center of the circle. Raise your arms high, saying:
” All thanks and blessings be, To those of air, earth, sky, and sea. Go in peace. And all shall be well.”
Blow out the candles starting in the south and go counterclockwiseor widdershins.
O Fairy Queen,
Upon your white steed,
Within me plant
A magic seed.
From you may spring
Many new beginnings.
Accept these offerings.
Leave the items and walk around the altar three times, then slowly walk the path back to your home. Listen for the sound of laughter and bells and know you are blessed.
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Magickal Sign Lost Animal Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Getting Help From the Dragon King by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Spells For Fertility by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Protection Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Cat Healing Chant by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 104 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 12 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments