Monthly Archives: November 2016
Money is energy and to keep the money energy going into your pockets, you should understand how motion plays an important role in the money that flows toward you. Life teaches us that nothing ever stays the same – the essence of life is energy and energy creates change constantly. In order to keep money flowing in towards you, you should keep it moving in a forward direction.
For this spell, you need:
- 5 one dollar bills
- 5 stones (Smoky quartz, aventurine, citrine or garnet, you can use all the same stone or a mixture of the above stones).
- sea salt
- money bag
Do this spell on any Thursday.
Place the dollar bills where the sun will shine on them part of the day. (Put them on foil or plastic wrap). Put one stone on each bill. Sprinkle salt over the bills and stones. Leave the bills and stones until they have received at least 3 hours of sun. Shake off the salt onto the foil or plastic wrap. Toss the salt out of the door you use the most in your home. Put all the bills and stones in the bag.
On the following 4 Thursdays spend one of the dollar bills for anything that you would usually buy (a newspaper, lunch, bus token, etc). On that day. give one of the stones to someone (a loved one, friend or even a stranger) and tell him or her, “This is a lucky stone to keep money flowing to you. Please keep for awhile and then pass it on to someone.”
Keep the 5th dollar bill and stone in the bag in your purse or pocket for one year and then spend the dollar and give the stone away.
All the money you need will flow to you!!!
Copyright © 2006 Amerindea.com
This spell may be reprinted if credit is given.
This is a very special exercise that is important to your ability to tap into Magick energy at any time (and for almost any reason). This exercise, not only creates the solid “base” from which your spell power comes from – but it also cleanses you of negative energy (including stress). The exercise can be done at any time, but is particularly effective during the dark of the moon.
There are 2 kinds of sacred space:
- Internal Sacred Space
- External Sacred Space.
Obviously, Internal Sacred space exists within your heart – and External Sacred Space exists outside of your body (for example, your altar, and the area surrounding it).
So many people practicing Witchcraft are so focused on the External Sacred Space… they make their altar just perfect, they cleanse their circle, decorate it, etc… don’t get me wrong, these things are very important! The more energy you put into your External Sacred Space the better your spells will work – without a doubt!
But can you guess what is at least 10 times more important than External Sacred Space? Yup, you guessed it – your Internal Sacred Space!
And some Witches completely ignore it… it’s a shame because if you set up your Internal Sacred Space properly, it will effect your Magick in amazing ways – much more than things in your External Sacred Space (like the color of your altar cloth, etc.).
I completely understand the attention being paid to External Sacred Space, because the sight of a beautifully done altar, in a perfectly clean External Sacred Space is a wonderful, spiritual thing to behold.
But it’s your Internal Sacred Space that is the “fuel” behind every kind of Magick you ever do. So let’s do something that a lot of Witches never get around to doing. Let’s set up your Internal Sacred Space now…
- Find a quiet place where you can sit down and concentrate. Preferably outside on a nice day, but you can also find a quiet place in your house where you feel at peace.
- Grab a pen and a piece of paper of clean 8 ½ x 11 notebook paper, sit in a comfortable position, and close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths and think of emotional and sacred things in your life. These could be fond memories, certain people in your life, emotions, feelings, important objects, places, etc.
- If you think of negative things, immediately “sweep” them out of your mind. When you are done, you need to only be left with all of the sacred things in your mind. Relax, and concentrate until you feel you are “ready”.
When you open your eyes, let your list fall out of your pen and onto the paper. Just let it flow. I want you to write down everything in a list. Be as detailed as you possibly can about each sacred thing you can think of. (Remember, these are sacred things to YOU, and they can be anything that brings positive emotion into your heart)
When you are done, turn the paper over.
- Now, close your eyes again and think of everything that is NOT sacred to you.
- Think about your biggest long term problems, things that irritate you, things that make you sad.
- Nobody is perfect, think about your flaws as a person.
- Think about anything that brings negative emotion into your heart.
Once you have brought them all into your mind, open your eyes and write them all down on the back of the same paper. All of these negative things will keep you from creating your sacred space. You will soon find out how to keep them out of your sacred space so that you will have a true place of power within you for spell work.
Fold up the paper and get ready for the next step:
- You’ve now got your lists. On the front you have a list of things that are “sacred” to you.
- On the back you have a list of all things that are NOT sacred (the things that bring negative emotions into your heart).
- Now, you will need to gather a few tools to use to finish the building blocks of your Internal Sacred Space.
Gather the following items:
- White candle in a holder
- Matches, or a lighter
- A glass (or ceramic) bowl
- A glass of water
Set them all up in front of you:
- When you are ready, light the candle.
- Let it become your focus.
- Feel the heat and energy coming from the candle.
- Visualize it’s energy surrounding you, enveloping you in it’s light and warmth. Let it’s light fill the aura around your body.
- See this light purifying your energy, filling your heart with it’s pure, white glow.
- After you feel warm and pure from the light of the candle, take the paper and unfold it.
- Slowly read the list of sacred things aloud. Allow yourself to pause between each one and think deeply on it. When you have gone through your entire list, say the following aloud, and with purpose:
“These Sacred things that I see
Make them all a part of me
Help me raise the energy!”
- Now visualize each item from your list rising up off of the paper to brighten the white purifying light around you.
- Next, fold the paper back up without even looking at the list of negative things.
- Gently hold the folded paper into the fire on the candle (be very careful not to burn yourself or anything around you).
- Once the paper catches fire, drop it immediately into the bowl.
Now say aloud:
“Cleanse the Space inside of me
And rid all negativity
I accept no less –
So Mote It Be”
- Now watch the flames carefully as they burn the rest of the paper while you focus on feeling your positive sacred energy full of grand emotions.
- Feel the energy again, surrounding you and cleansing your space with white purifying light, filled with all of your sacred things.
- Pour some water into the bowl to put out the rest of the flames and as to “cleanse” all the negativity from your space.
- Now snuff out the candle.
You have now set up your basic internal sacred space that you are going to build on in the future. When you first set up your sacred space in this way, do this once a week for 4 weeks to reinforce it and grow the power of your space. (you can write down different things, or the same things every time)
Going forward, you are going to want to do this once a month to keep your sacred space clean so that your Magick will work to it’s fullest and won’t be tainted with negativity.
Source: Rose Ariadne
This nice little ritual helps you to set your magickal intentions for the year. It can be done on your birthday or an anniversary or holiday that is important to you, it can be done on New Years Eve or New Years Day. And of course, a ritual such as this can be done at any time – just remember that it is a commitment, and prepare to follow through.
Here’s how it works:
Get a new white candle, matches, a pieces of paper, a black pen, and some black thread. If you like incense or have any other objects that are special to you, like a crystal, stone bowl, or anything else, you can get them out, but they are not necessary.
Find a quiet spot to work, where others will not disturb you.
On a small piece of paper, write out your intentions for this work. Do you seek to be a witch, learn witchcraft, or just know more? If you are comfortable calling on the Goddess and God, do so. If not, you can address it to whatever divine force you are comfortable using, such as God, Great Spirit, the Tao, or the Universe. Here is an example:
“I,(state your name), ask in the name of the Goddess and God for aid in my studies of witchcraft. I intend to complete this work successfully within one year and become a witch if this is correct and for my highest good. I ask to be open to all experiences and understand all lessons given to me. So mote it be.” (“so mote it be” means “it is so”. It is a common affirmation in witchcraft.)
Hold the white candle. Think about spirituality. Think about divinity and the Goddess and God. Invite them into your life, or reaffirm your bond with them. If you have incense, light it now.
Spend a few moments reflecting on the definition, history, and qualities of the witch. Think about where witchcraft has been, and where you hope to go with it.
Read your intention slip out loud . Then roll it up like a scroll and tie it with the black thread, binding it together and sealing your intention.
Keep the paper someplace special, where you will not lose it. You will use this slip as part of your initiation ritual in a year. In a later chapter, you will build a meditation altar. You can then keep the candle and intention slip on the altar.
This exercise expands your experience beyond the realm of personal energy and into the feelings of Earth energy. Our ancestors slept on the Earth and exchanged energy with it every day. Most people barely touch the Earth now, with the ubiquity of shoes and floors. Earth walking helps us come back into balance with the energy field of the Earth. Earth walking is a simple meditative walk outside.
Start in some natural setting, on grass, in a field or park, on the beach, or in the woods, rather than on concrete or asphalt. If you feel comfortable enough to do this barefoot, so much the better, but with practice, you will feel this experience through your shoes. Walk slowly and meditatively. Be aware of the Earth below your feet. Be aware of your personal energy, the auric field around you, touching the land, where your energy mingles. As you inhale, imagine that you are not only breathing in through your mouth, but breathing in through your feet.
My yoga teacher tells me that a wise man breathes through the sole of his feet. I think that applies to a wise witch, too. Imagine drawing in life force, Earth energy, through your feet as you walk. This energy grounds and centers you. It bolsters your metabolism and energy level, creating health and joy in the moment. For now, don’t worry about doing anything special while exhaling. Breathe normally. The excess energy will be released naturally through your daily activity. We release energy all the time. Focus on the connection you make to the Earth.
When on these walks, look for a quiet place that could serve as a meditation spot for later exercises. When you feel you are done with this experience, walk and breathe normally and resume your day-to-day activities. If you feel too energized, too charged, get on your hands and knees, placing your palms on the ground. Imagine the excess energy flowing out of your palms and even pouring out of your head. You release only the excess energy to the Earth, grounding yourself. As you release this energy, you can place the intent that such energy be used for healing the planet. This is a basic method of grounding yourself if you are not releasing excess energy.
The greatest lesson to learn about working with these energies is that all energies and powers are fundamentally neutral, meaning they are not good or evil. At times we can pick up on the energy of a place or person and feel it is “bad” energy, but it is only energy being used for a less than good intention. Intention rules everything. Electricity is electricity; it can be used to power a light build, a life-support machine or an electric chair. The energy itself does not judge its use, so people who use the energy must take responsibility. Personal, Earth, Sky, and Divine energies can be used to heal or to harm, depending on the intention behind the action.
Power moves are movements that we make with our bodies that assist us in concentrating and directing the energy. Most martial art use power moves to one degree or another. When people dance from their hearts, they are doing power moves, allowing the power to speak through their bodies. Power moves are a dance of power. Tai Chi is an ancient example of power moves.
Whenever you handle energy, you receive it with your left hand and send it with your right hand. Your left hand acts as an antenna and your right hand broadcasts the energy you have received. If you are open to its direction, power will instruct you-it will “tell” you what to do. Flowing with that energy can be a powerful and centering experience. It can also be distressing when you fight it or cannot control it. This dance of power begins as you relax and become mentally centered.
Stand quietly with your legs shoulder-width apart. Mentally give the power permission to flow through you and ask it to guide you. Raise your hands and hold them in front of you. Let your hands and body move as you feel guided. Your movements will be smooth and rhythmic, almost like a ballet. Power moves are a form of moving meditation. They are relaxing and energizing. As you do them, you collect a great deal of power in your body. They are healing to both mind and body.
If it feels appropriate, you can play gentle music or light a candle. Relax and let the energy move your body. Notice how it feels as it flows through you. After you have relaxed into the energy, allow it to move you for about fifteen minutes and then stop. Gently sit down and close your eyes. Ask the universe how to use the energy you have collected. If you don’t get a specific answer, send the energy to Mother Earth so it can heal the planet, yourself, and the people you love.
Allow yourself to bathe in the joy of that energy. If you are having a difficult time feeling the guidance of the energy, start with your hands. Hold them in front of your face and move your right hand clockwise and your left hand counter- clockwise. Move them slowly and rhythmically in and out. Gently notice how it feels. Then while you are sitting in a chair, begin moving your legs in a circular motion, noticing how it feels.
After you are comfortable with those movements, stand up and again begin with your hands. First move one hand out and away from you and then step rhythmically out with one of your legs. Next do the same with the other hand and leg. Slowly begin moving around the room. Notice your body and let yourself enjoy its movements. Allow the process to be sensual and rhythmic.
Be gentle with yourself as you practice allowing your awareness to expand. Enjoy the process.
- Practice finding power spots wherever you go.
- Find your special power spot. We all have places on this earth that are sacred to us. Take time to find your sacred place. Once you find it, spend some time there. Let that place heal you and fill you with its love. Let your heart guide you to that place. It will call to you if you are willing to listen.
- Buy a packet of seeds and divide it in half. Do some power moves and then sit quietly with half of the seeds. Allow yourself to feel their life energy and then slowly begin channeling energy to them. Mentally see them growing big and strong. Plant each group of seeds in separate pots and give them equal care. Notice how much healthier the energized group is.
Just as humans have power points (if you are curious, you can read about them here), the earth also has areas where energy varies. These are called power spots. Places like Stonehenge, and the Valley of the Dead are examples of power spots. Just as human beings have areas where their energy is more concentrated, so does the earth.
Most of the older churches and temples were built on power spots, where it is much easier to connect with the spiritual realms. When you approach a sacred place, you can feel it’s power and the strength that lies there. These places can be used to intensify your personal power and to assist you in connecting more fully with your spiritual center.
Whenever you enter a room you automatically gravitate toward a place that feels comfortable. The place that you feel most comfortable in is often your personal power spot. It is the place that balances most closely with your own energy. As you stand or sit in this spot, your energy is magnified; it is like putting jumper cables on a car battery.
The ability to consciously find these power spots can greatly enhance your sensitivities to energy and your own process. Being able to find these allows you to know a little more about yourself than you did before.
I suggest you find your power spot in nature. In any given location, there is a place that fits you better energetically than any other location. There are also places that can drain your energy and make you feel and act less effectively. It is important to be able to tell the difference. One spot may energize you while another weakens you and can actually make you sick.
There are three major types of power spots. One type gives you energy and is healing. Another type of spot actually drains energy from anything within its boundaries. There are also power spots that are tricksters. They confuse people and trick them into giving up their power and sanity. It takes practice to be able to differentiate between them. The easiest way to tell between the types is by how you feel.
It is important to trust how you feel and what you sense as you explore the energy levels of the different types of power spots. These spots affect you whether you are consciously aware of them or not.
- Begin by calling upon your protecting spirits or angels, and ask the universe for guidance.
- Relax and focus on your breathing.
- Slowly look around the area. Does one spot “look” brighter than the other?
- See how each section feels as you stand in it. Feel from your heart. Do some feel lighter and some heavy?
- Do you feel confused as you stand in some places?
- Now slowly walk around the area. Take time to stand in any place that attracts you. compare how each one feels to you.
- Notice the plants and grasses in the various areas. Do they look healthier in one place, greener and more alive?
- Let your self look intuitively where your power place is.
- Now sit down and begin to meditate.
- How do you feel as you sit in that spot?
- Does the energy feel loving and peaceful? If it feels rough or unsettling, move.
Soon it will become second nature; you will automatically sit in your power spot. Avoid listening to your mind during this process. Trust the inner knowing. Your inner knowing, your sacred self, will never lie to you.
Often, the items we truly need cannot ride home with us in a bag from the mall during the holiday season countdown. The day before Thanksgiving, take a trip to the tree nursery and find a small, potted evergreen. On your way home, purchase a few yards of red, green, and white ribbon.
During the Thanksgiving supper, introduce the tree to the family and the tribe to the tree. Each member of your clan should tie a ribbon on the tree to represent an intangible blessing they would like for the upcoming Yule season. Wishes could be for peace, enough rest, health, etc. Bless the tree and set it where it will have enough light.
When family and friends visit, explain the purpose of the wish tree to them and give them a ribbon to tie on the tree, too. The tree is for everyone. If you plan to use the tree in ritual, have everyone participating make a small ornament, empowered for strengths like self-esteem, goal planning, security, etc. and hang it on the tree while connecting with the divinity of their choice.
On the first day of February, remove all the ornaments and ribbons. Burn the ribbons and cast the ashes to the winds. Pack the ornaments away. Next year, when you open the box, you can de-magick the ornaments and return them to their owners, or hang them on your big tree in memory of last year’s prosperity. Continue to take good care of the tree over the remaining winter months. Don’t forget to give it water and plenty of love. In the spring, you can plant the tree outside on your property or on the property of a friend.
(The above “The Yule Wish Tree” by Silver RavenWolf is quoted directly from Llewellyn’s 1995 Magical Almanac, page 264, Llewellyn Worldwide Publications, 1994.)
We thank you for the gift of this food.
We send blessings of peace, love, and
release to all
whose bodies and energies went into
bringing us this nourishment.
We honor you in our enjoyment and
utilization of this meal.
May it bring us health and joy,
reminding us of our interconnections with
All That Is.
As we receive, so do we give back
And give thanks for this gift in the
Cycle of Life.
by Kristen Madden (Ofelas)
Upon awakening, turn your face to the rising Sun and breathe deeply, allowing a feeling of balance and happiness to fill you to overflowing. Repeat this exercise periodically throughout the day. Find something to be happy about all day. This may be a love or a success or it may be as simple as the Sun glinting on water or the feel of a gentle rain.
As night falls, cut openings large enough to hold taper candles in the top of two shiny autumn apples. Place two pink, or one gold and one silver, candles in the apple holders. As you light them, remember all the joys of the day and of your life. Rejoice in the joy you have brought to others and give thanks for these gifts.
~courtesy of Kristin Madden
The Eurasian spirit Hecate guards the frontier between the realms of the living and the dead, negotiating the sometimes divergent needs of both parties. Although she may not banish ghosts entirely (you can ask, though!), she can enforce their good behavior. Hecate is traditionally depicted having one body but three faces, sometimes that of women but most typical that of a dog, a horse and a lion.
Each month, at the full moon:
- Bring a three-headed image of Hecate to a three-way crossroads.
- Place the image so that each face points toward a road (or as close as possible).
- Place food on the ground including fish, honey and a round cake with candles.
- Make an invocation to Hecate requesting that she make the ghosts behave.
- Leave the meal at the crossroads for whoever takes it.
Source: Coven of Hecate
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Cow Flower Protection Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- The Secret of Life Unicorn Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Spell To Create A Unicorn by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Unicorn Intuition Activating Meditation by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Unicorn Wish Granting Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 102 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 8 Comments