Failures in magick occur basically for the following reasons:
- You are meddling in something in which you shouldn’t be involved.
- Improper selection of ingredients (candles, oils, incenses, etc.)
- You really don’t want what you think you want. This is because what many people say or think they want and what they actually want are very often two completely different things.
- You are subconsciously afraid of a successful outcome.
- A great deal of time is required to bring about your goal so, although your spell or ritual is successful, because your results are going to unfold over a long period of time it may look like a failure on the surface.
- You succeeded, but you don’t like what your results appear to be!
- You have too much anxiety over the situation and the outcome, and too large of a need to control every detail of how it unfolds. It’s very important to do the spell work, and then let it go. Allow the magick to work in it’s own time and way.
- You are putting the “cart before the horse”, and asking for something you aren’t really ready for. For example: spell work to get a car when you don’t even have a driver’s license; or a spell for love when you feel so undeserving of love that you subconsciously avoid any and all opportunities that come your way.
- Lack of focus.
The best spell work involves a deep concentration and surety of belief, or an absolute knowing during the casting of the spell followed by a complete release when it’s done.
Your “failures” are always your greatest teachers. I have learned more from my flops than I ever learned from my successes. Don’t be afraid to fail and don’t be disheartened if you do. It is all a part of learning. You will also find that your failures become fewer and fewer the more you practice, because you’ll tend to avoid the areas where you are least effective and concentrate more on the areas where you have greatest impact.
Source: Master Grimoire by Pat Sawyer
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 132 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 15 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments