While researching a post on the “evil eye,” I came across this article posted by Pocket Glass. It describes a step by step ritual for cleansing, and I’m sharing it here because I really enjoyed it, and think it’s worth trying. My own thoughts about the ritual can be found at the bottom of the post.
- I cleansed the area and myself before performing the rite, using smoke from an incense stick relevant to the ritual.
- I laid a white paper towel on which I placed a small white bowl. Any white plate/bowl etc can be used. I made the personal choice to pour sea salt in the bottom of the bowl and added two bay leaves for purity and protection.
- I placed a glass inside the bowl on top of the salt. I poured water which I blessed inside the glass. Water is holy and blessed on its own. I gave thanks to my easy access to clean running water and the life it provides. I also took a sip and drank it in, grateful.
- When I cupped the egg in my hands I awoke it to its duties at hand. I immediately ran the egg all over my body, starting with my third eye. I rubbed the egg along my skin until I felt light and almost tingly. This in itself without the divination had a desirable positive result. I felt lighter.
- I cracked the egg into the water. I took photos before placing on the floor. It is currently near my feet, when I go to sleep it will be under my bed to finish absorbing any negative energies.
Here is the series of photos that she took:
The next day, after a night of absorbing any residual negative energies in the area, this is what the egg looked like:
What does it mean?
- Large bubble connected to the yolk area – indicates a spirit or entity attached to the person. It could be either positive or negative.
- Black speck/sediment denotes an enemy.
- Many small bubbles indicate multiple physical attacks
- Milkiness showing use of magick
There were so many small bubbles and a milkiness in the glass this morning. The small bubbles indicate physical attacks, the more bubbles the more attacks. The milkiness indicate that magick was used against the person. It surrounds the yolk. I can’t decide it it’s actually negative. It seems somewhat protective but I could be confused. I also see birds which would show the act of being spied on.
My second thought is if it’s possible for the egg to absorb negativity / energies / forces at work from another person sharing the same bed.
My own thoughts on the results:
My thoughts on the results are that because the egg is acting as a cleanser, and is used to absorb and pull out the negative energies, anything found in, on, or around the egg would be a cause for celebration that this is now GONE. And I would immediately take that egg out and away from my home and dispose of it in a fast flowing river that moves in a direction away from where I live and work. Alternatively, I would bury it in a graveyard, or burn it to a crisp and disperse the ashes at a crossroads… again, far from my home.
I also think it might be informative and interesting to break an egg into water BEFORE performing the ritual, and leave it under the bed over night to get an overall view of the energy currently at work. Then, (with a different egg, and new water) perform the ritual as explained in the above article. It would be interesting to see if the energy has changed in any significant way. If you decide to do this, don’t forget to take pictures of the before and after so you can compare.
You must take a white egg, and through small holes made in each end, blow forth the contents from the shell. Plug up one end with a little softened beeswax, then fill the shell, using a fine funnel, with sour red wine. Carefully seal the second hole with more wax, and in red ink write upon the surface of the shell the name of that plaguing compulsion you would be rid of.
Take this egg in secret to a place where great rocks cover the ground. Stand there and say these words:
“Hall of blood where life has fled
Walls of bone that close me round
I break thy reign, thy yolk I shed
I cast thy powers to the ground.”
Hurl the egg against a rock so that it shall burst into fragments and the contents be spilt upon the earth. Then gather up the broken bits of shell, take them home, and grind them into a powder in a mortar. This charmed dust should be kept within a small jar, a pinch of it to be placed on the tongue and swallowed whenever further treacherous temptations may appear.
Eggs are an ancient symbol of fertility, new life, and the cycle of birth, death and rebirth of the Universe. As such, they make terrific charms for fertility, pregnancy, new endeavors, and similar types of magick. These types of charms are fairly easy, and very versatile.
Start with raw eggs. My favorite tool to pierce the shell is a small nail ~ for some reason, I’ve never had good luck piercing the shells with needles.
Pierce the narrow end of the shell with a tiny hole. At the wider end of the egg, use the nail to pierce a wider hole. This is the trickiest part of the operation, but I’ve been lucky and only lost a few eggs. Just handle the eggs gently, and once you make the hole in the wider end, use the tip of the nail to gently enlarge the hole.
Then, for those of you who have never done this before, simply place your lips over the smaller hole and blow. (No, you don’t want to know what it looks like! LOL)
When the egg is blown out, place a finger over the smaller hole, and fill the egg about halfway with warm water. Shake well and rinse; do this several times to make sure the egg is completely cleaned out. Put in a safe place to dry.
When these blown-out eggs are dry, they can then be filled with various herbs and such, and decorated as charms. The decorations can be as simple, or as elaborate as you wish.
Here are some possible color, symbol and herb combinations for a few different magickal purposes:
- Fertility – Pregnancy: spring green or bright yellow; basil, poppy, cucumber, acorns, myrtle, all nuts, apple, pomegranate, mistletoe, myrtle; roosters and hens, spiral, the runic B, raindrops
- Protection: red, white or purple; ash, basil, dill, fennel, hyssop, mistletoe, rosemary, rue, vervain; pentagram, equal-armed cross
- Healing: green or blue (purple is good for severe illnesses); rosemary, red carnation petals, sage, saffron, lavender, myrrh; pentagram, oak leaves
When preparing the herbs to put inside these charms, they must be ground very fine. Remember, these are very tiny holes you will be putting them into.
Once the herbs are ground and charged, you are ready to pour them in. If you plan on hanging the eggs, you must first thread a cord or string through the egg. I would tie the knot at the smaller hole, leaving the larger hole to pour the herbs through.
If you don’t plan on hanging them, you could use any number of things to seal the hole, and provide additional magick. “Seals” that come to mind include acorns, small stones, pieces of wood and shells.
Fill the egg as much as possible with your herbal mixture of choice, and then seal the other hole. (Note, if you plan on hanging the eggs, this second seal is not vital; simply be careful where you hang it.)
My personal preference would be to decorate the egg first, and then fill it with herbs, but you do whichever works best for you.
Once the charm is completed and fully charged, you can either hang it up, or place it somewhere where the egg might remain intact. I would also plan on renewing these charms periodically.
Here is a spell that calls upon Ilmatar for increased creativity and spiritual growth:
The Finnish-Ugrian goddess Ilmatar was the virgin daughter of Air. she had immense creative powers, and was known as Water Mother, Daughter of Nature, and Sky Mother. Legends say that she created the world and gave birth to the first great hero, Vainamoinen. This son was a great sorcerer and magician. He invented the zither and was such a superb musician that his playing tamed wild animals. More about Ilmatar can be found here: Ilmatar Finnish Goddess of Creation
Decorate your sacred space with red eggs and flowers. Burn cinnamon incense and a pale green candle. Say:
Teacher of magick and wisdom,
Bestower of knowledge,
Open the door to ritual meaning.
Peace and contentment, I ask of you.
Sit in quiet meditation. Feel yourself riding in a boat on a gentle lake. Beside you is the goddess Ilmatar. Listen carefully to what she says. Talk with her as long as you wish. when you come back say:
Healing, knowledge, mental powers,
All come from your creativity.
Eloquence and self-control
I ask now that you give to me.
Guidance I need and inspiration.
Teachers send with motives true.
I desire to learn, to expand my mind.
For these gifts, Ilmatar, I do thank you.
From Moon Magick
The Finnish-Ugrian goddess Ilmatar was the virgin daughter of Air. she had immense creative powers, and was known as Water Mother, Daughter of Nature, and Sky Mother. Legends say that she created the world and gave birth)to the first great hero, Vainamoinen. (Read more about her here: Ilmatar – Finnish Goddess of Creation)
Here is a spell to call upon Ilmatar for help conceiving a child:
Decorate your sacred space with red eggs and small flowers. Burn a pink candle and rose incense. (Pink is for birth and love, not necessarily a girl-child.) Say:
Mother of all mothers, hear my cry.
My arms are empty, my heart full of love.
Ripen my body with a little child,
A soul that needs and loves me in return.
Gift this child with wholeness and health.
Fill my arms, Mother of all mothers.
Sit quietly in meditation. Visualize yourself being drawn into Ilmatar’s lap by her loving arms. Lay your head against her breast. Hear her loving heart beat in sympathy. Put your arms around her and tell Ilmatar of your deep desire for a child. Listen to her words of wisdom and comfort. Take as long as you need to fill up with her love and comfort. When you come back, say:
Ilmatar, loving and caring Mother,
My heart beats in time with yours.
All children come from your heart.
I ask sincerely that you entrust me with a child.
This child will be loved and cared for,
For this is truly my desire.
From Moon Magick
This is a hoodoo spell to keep bill collectors and police officers away. Here’s how it works:
Empty a black hen’s egg, crack up the shell, and toast it in your oven until it turns brown. Powder it, then put the powder under your front doorsteps. The collectors or officers may come around, but they will not be able to do anything to harm you.
From Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Magickal Sign Lost Animal Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Getting Help From the Dragon King by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Spells For Fertility by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Protection Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Cat Healing Chant by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 105 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 12 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments