Group Chants are one of the most effective (and fun!) ways of raising energy, especially when combined with dancing, stylized movement, gestures, and swaying. Some of the most popular chants are those taken from Amerindian sources, such as:
I am the Circle,
I am Healing you,
You are the Circle
You are healing me,
Be as One.
We are at one
With the Infinite Sun
Forever, Forever, Forever
Such chants as these express and reinforce a sense of belonging, both between immediate group members, and with the wider world or universe. Chants tend to build up slowly, and pick up speed as people feel the growing rhythm and pulse of the words and beat, which “carries” people along – it is easy to get so caught up in the chant that you begin to enter a trance state – but don’t just take my word for it – try it out!
The Darksome Night and Shining Moon chant of Wicca is another good example of a group chant – especially when each line is chanted by a different group member. The words of the chant serve to resume the central concepts of Wicca – the four elemental directions, the magical weapons, and the complementary natures of Goddess and God, Darkness and Light.
From: The Magical Use of Voice
We all get a bit of negative energy in us from time to time. Be it stress, or an empath receiving someone else’s trouble. This technique will help you rid yourself of these emotions and energy and bring you to a calmer state of mind.
You can do this in private, or anywhere where you can take a moment to breathe in a time of need.
Close your eyes and imagine the negative feelings as a a black ball. See it before you. With each breath out, watch the ball turn white. With each breath out, feel your self get calmer. Continue this until the ball is completely white.
Once it is totally white, watch this ball leave your sight. Feel your negative energy go with it, and breathe in the new calming sensation.
Source: Spells Of Magic
We all suffer from stress at one time or another, and in a workplace it is often difficult to reverse the situation. This spell can be taken to your workplace or used in other stressful situations, with minimum disturbance. For healing and magic, the earth, or Mother Earth, from whence all things spring, is unsurpassed. Add a little Borage, the flower of courage, and some of your own essence, and even the most difficult of predicaments can be overcome.
Here is a Mediterranean spell to charge you with the strength to overcome a stressful situation. The items you will need are as follows:
- A handmade cloth bag
- Some dry earth
- A small bunch of Borage flowers
Make a small bag. It can be very plain and simple, but it is important that you stitch it together by hand, so that you are putting your self-essence into it. The bag needs to be large enough for you to get both hands inside, with a drawstring to secure it. As a special touch, embroider your initials on it in your favorite color.
On a bright, sunny day collect a few handfuls of dry earth and some borage flowers. Feel the sun’s rays warming your body and the flowers and the soil in your hands, and store the memory carefully.
Dry the Borage flowers, then place them with the earth in your bag. pull the drawstring to secure them. keep the bag in an accessible place. When things are going badly or you need a pick-me-up, it will only take a few moments to place your hands in the bag, touch the dried Borage flowers, reflect on your stored memories, and let Mother Earth work her magic.
Here is a great spell to get energy moving and good things happening in any area of your life that feels “stuck”.
You will need:
- Soft butter (margarine will do, but real butter is better)
- Powdered ginger
- A bowl you often use when cooking
- Wooden spoon
- Red pen, pencil, or marker
Take some time to think about what it is that feels stuck in your life. Do some journaling if it is helpful. This is a very powerful spell, and it is important to be really clear about what it is that you really want.
Now, write a sentence that defines what you want the “stuck” area of your life to be like. For example, if you feel that your are stuck in a bad relationship, your sentence might read. “I am enjoying a loving, committed, and healthy relationship with a really nice person.”
Using the soft butter and your finger, write your sentence on the inside of the bowl. The butter will smooth the way, so be liberal.
Now, on separate and small pieces of paper write down all the attributes, qualities, possibilites, and potentialities associated with your goal. They might look like this: “I am happy.” “My relationship is solid.” “I have a great relationship.” “Love is in my life.” “I am loved.” “My lover is kind.” “We have a healthy relationship.” “My lover respects me.”
Write these smaller affirmations in as many different ways as possible. Be specific, be creative, be inventive. Put them into the bowl. No need to fold them up, but you can if you want to.
When you have all of your affirmations written and added to the bowl, add a pinch of ginger, a generous dash of nutmeg, and a teaspoon of sugar.
Now take your wooden spoon and mix it up. As you mix, say the following spell three times:
Ice into water
The winds bring change
Wood becomes fire
Nothing stays the same
All is well
All is well
All is well
Every day for 7 days, mix up your affirmations and repeat the spell. At the end of 7 days, burn the affirmations in a fire. As you do this, say thank you to the invisible world for the changes that have already begun.
This spell courtesy of Madam Fortuna
This spell is best performed outside in nature, in a secluded private place free from interruption. It can also be done indoors if an outdoor area is not possible. You will need your ritual items and/or items to represent the four elements, a crystal, and also some food and wine.
Cleanse your self and space before you begin the ritual. This could include a ritual bath, smudging, or any other method of cleansing that is comfortable for you.
Stand facing east and say:
”I call to the forces of air to watch over my rite and to offer assistance and protection and to protect me from harm.
Hail and welcome”
Bow your head and turn to face the south, say again:
”I call to the forces of fire to watch over my rite and to offer assistance and protection and to protect me from harm.
Hail and welcome”
Again bow your head and turn to the west repeating:
”I call to the forces of water to watch over my rite and to offer assistance and protection and to protect me from harm.
Hail and welcome”
After bow in reverence to the element turn north and say:
”I call to the forces of earth to watch over my rite and to offer assistance and protection and to protect me from harm.
Hail and welcome.”
If you use ritual tools, place them in their cardinal points. The wand in the east quarter, the dagger in the south, the cup to the west and the pentacle to the north.
Note: If you do not use ritual tools, use representations of the four elements. These can be actual elements, such as a bowl of water to represent water, a potted plant to represent earth, etc – or something else that is meaningful to you.
Above the wand (element of earth) trace the invoking pentagram of earth and say:
”I invoke the power of earth,
I invoke the power of Gaia.”
See the pentagram of earth being burned into the air glowing with a pure brilliant white. Feel the power in you rise, when you can feel the pentagram there move on to the dagger and repeat. Also repeat this with the cup and the pentacle – or with each of the elemental objects you have placed in the four directions.
Go to the center and see the pentagrams flaming and glowing about you. Stretch you arms above your head and look to the heavens and in a strong, clear voice with passion say:
”I invoke the power of my eternal spirit.
Invoke the power of Gaia”
At this point visualize white beams of light coming from the pentagrams surrounding you and meeting at the crown of your head. Feel the power root you to the earth let it flow throughout your whole being.
After this face the direction of earth, the north, and say again with feeling and heart:
”I come here today to celebrate and invoke the power of Gaia as she is reborn into the maiden. With her she brings new life, love and change. The wheel of the year turns yet again. I invoke you Gaia.”
Turn to the east and pick up your wand. Hold it in front of you and say:
”I invoke the airy nature of earth free flowing but still solid and strong.
I invoke you Gaia”
Again feel your power rise. Place the wand down and turn to the south. Hold your dagger high and say:
”I invoke the fiery nature of earth volatile and destructive.
I invoke you Gaia.”
Place the dagger down and turn west. Hold aloft the cup and say:
”I invoke the watery nature of earth, subtle, in movement and of power.
I invoke you Gaia”
Place the cup down and turn to the north. Pick up your pentacle and say:
”I invoke the true nature of earth, solid, dense, grounding, powerful.
I invoke you Gaia”
Stay facing north go back to the center and stand beneath the point where the pentacles have met up. Look upwards and say:
”I invoke the earth aspect of of my spirit.
I invoke you Gaia”
Pick up the crystal and hold it in front of you and say:
”This crystal is part of me, it comes from the earth.
I invoke you Gaia”
Now for the last invocation. The energies around you will be chaotic and rushing all aspects of earth represented feel them and then stabilize them and when you feel that this has been done say in a strong, loud and clear voice:
”Gaia your child speaks to thee. I ask for your help, guidance, power, and protection.You are nature. You are Divine. I celebrate you in all your forms. Gaia I invoke you come into me. This is my will and my power so mote it be.”
Repeat the invocation until you feel an immense force come from beneath you and enter into your being. A feeling of change and manifestation will take over you. DO NOT FIGHT IT. Also Gaia will give you a word of power which you can use in rites and spells. Once this word is spoken the invocation is over and you shall return to your normal state. Approach the food and wine and say:
”Now to eat and drink in celebration of the Mighty Mother.”
Once you have finished. Thank the elements and Gaia and close the circle as you usually would or in whatever way feels right. With the power given to you from Gaia, you may wish to charge some a crystal, amulet or talisman in honor of her.
Found at Spells Of Magic
This is so simple that I’m not even sure if it qualifies as being a “spell.” It does, however, work like magick. When your energy is dragging, sit with your back pressed against a tree trunk and let the tree’s limitless energy flow into you. Very excellent if you have been walking or hiking long distances and also if you have been ill.
From Earth Power
There are simple tricks to flex the hidden mind power you possess, and like a bodybuilder looking to add more muscle mass, the key to realizing mind control is through regular, simple exercises. Psychokinesis, often referred to as PK, is a term used to describe the ability of the brain to affect inanimate objects and otherwise control your surroundings, and there have been many famous users of this ability. Benefit from their knowledge by practicing these simple exercises every day, and over time you will realize your mind’s full potential.
Starting with the right mindset is the most important prerequisite to your psychokinetic work out. Arrogance, fatigue, anxiety, doubt, and over excitement are all enemies of your success, and will hinder even your best efforts. If you are considering developing your psychic powers with malicious intent, such as for greed, revenge or a desire for attention and fame, your powers will not manifest themselves. Approach these exercises with a humble, sweet, and open heart, and be ready to practice every day: discipline, willpower and patience will show you the path to your mental abilities.
Many beginners start practicing mind power by learning how to feel the energy between their hands with a ball of psychic energy, also known as a “psi ball.”
PSI BALL – Creating and playing with one:
- Balance yourself by seeing yourself as the roots of a tree, reaching down into the solid earth. You are connected with the earth, bound to the soil, perfectly grounded.
- Understand that there is energy flowing through you at all times; this is called “psi,” and you must feel and recognize the flow of it throughout your body. A psi ball is created by moving this energy. Usually, people describe a psi ball as being about the size of a baseball, or maybe slightly larger, although some are large enough to act as a shield, fitting around the entire body.
- Gather this energy, and when there feels like enough energy, hold your hands out, keeping them steady. Make sure that whatever way you extend your hands (or hand), it feels natural and right.
- See the hole in your hand. A small door has been unbolted and the psi, or energy, is trickling out. Can you feel the psi yet? Is it a slight tingling sensation, or more like a sense of pressure or emanating heat? When you think you can feel the psi, try to move your hands close together. If there is a resistance sensation, however slight, you know it’s there.
- Play with the psi flow. Now you can use visualization to make the available psi into a ball, a cube, a pyramid: only your imagination restricts you.
- If you were just practicing, simply release the ball.
- After you have gotten the hang of your psi ball, you can try programming the psi ball to get a friend’s attention.
- With very clear mental intent, send the ball to “poke” someone and give them a message. Go ahead and say the words in your head; this will help solidify your intentions.
The PSI WHEEL – making and playing with one:
Another invaluable tool which will help you to refine your PK powers is the psi wheel. The observable nature of your power through the psi wheel will be extremely satisfying. Try this when you have mastered your psi ball. You will need a small bit of paper or foil, an eraser, and a needle.
- Cut a piece of foil or paper down to the size of a Post-It. Fold it diagonally and press down on the fold to create a crease. Unfold.
- Create another diagonal fold on the opposite corner. Crease. There should now be a crease in the shape of an “X”.
- Now fold the square lengthwise and width-wise, creating a cross through the center.
- Pinch the “X” shape, allowing the center to pop up. The paper should look somewhat like a three dimensional, four pointed star. You’ve created a psi wheel!
- Pressed the pointed end of your needle into the eraser. It should stand up perfectly straight.
- Set your wheel on the center of exposed end of the needle. You are ready to use the psi wheel!
- Place your hand on the side of the wheel, without touching it, and concentrate. Your palm should be facing the psi wheel. It will rotate when you’ve gathered sufficient psi.
Here’s another basic skill building technique which uses a candle flame:
- Light a candle, any type will do.
- You will now attempt to fuse your energy together with the candle’s energy field. Relax your mind and focus on the flame; visualize yourself becoming one with the flame; you are the flame. This is called “pacing.”
- “Lead” the candle flame. Picture the flame growing longer, then receding, waning to the side as if being blown, then bending to the other side.
- When you’ve had success, visualize your separation from the candle.
Next, try working with a pendulum:
There’s no need to purchase a special pendulum; you can create one by simply attaching a ring to a string or thread. The exercise works best if the pendulum is attached to a stand and is hanging in front of you, rather than held in your hand.
- Pace the pendulum; remember, to pace is to focus until you merge with the object or material.
- Lead the pendulum; remember, to lead is to use your fused energy to move the object through mental projection. Imagine the pendulum moving back and forth, side to side, and spinning.
- When you’ve been successful, emerge from the pendulum and return to your normal state.
Manipulating small objects:
When you have mastered the flame, the pendulum, the psi ball and psi wheel, you are ready to attempt to manipulate small objects.
- Place a lightweight, small object on a flat surface.
- This will sound familiar, because it is. Relax, and begin to pace the object. Your mental powers should now be strong enough, through practice with other objects, to do this effectively.
- Imagine that a tunnel extends between you and the small item. Only allow your awareness to acknowledge the tunnel and the item at the end of it.
- Visualize hands reaching out from your mind and dragging the item through the tunnel. You should “feel” the pull.
- When you are experiencing the pulling sensation, it might help to make an “nnnnn” sound with your mind.
- Watch the object move, using only mind control.
Source: Mind Cafe
Invocation for exciting love in the heart of the person who is the object of our desire with the help of the 137th Psalm.
Pour oil from a white lily into a crystal goblet, recite the 137th Psalm over the cup and conclude by pronouncing the name of the angel Anael (or Hamiel), the planetary spirit of Venus, and the name of the person you love.
By the rivers of Babylon,
there we sat down, yea, we wept,
when we remembered Zion.
We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song;
and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying,
Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
How shall we sing the LORD’s song in a strange land?
If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget her cunning.
If I do not remember thee,
let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth;
if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom
in the day of Jerusalem;
who said, Rase it, rase it,
even to the foundation thereof.
O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed;
happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth
thy little ones against the stones.
(name of person you love)
Next write the name of the angel on a piece of cypress which you will dip in oil and tie the piece of cypress to your right arm. Then wait for a propitious moment to touch the right hand of the person with whom you are in love, and love will be awakened in his or her heart.
The operation will be more powerful in effect if you perform it at dawn on the Friday following the new moon.
Found in: The History and Practice of Magic
Love and peace are powers greater than we can know, but we can tap into the energies that surround these concepts and bring them into the new week by anointing a rose quartz with gardenia oil today. As you anoint the stone, whisper “peace” and “love” to yourself, magnifying the energy in the stone.
Carry the stone with you today and any day you desire peace and love. A few times each day, take a moment to slow and deepen your breathing. Holding the stone in your hand, inhale and say the word “peace” to yourself. Feel a peaceful sensation fill your body. As you exhale, think the word “love,” and see a loving pink light flow through you into the world. Repeat two more times each time you effect the spell. You will not regret it.
Courtesy of: Kristin Madden
Here are some words of advice for novice spell casters:
- By aligning your energies with the lunar cycle, and tapping into the natural tides and currents of life, you will increase the effectiveness and power of your spells.
- Because the moon turns the tide and our bodies are mainly composed of water, we wax and wane with the moon.
- Generally, psychic energy is highest when the moon is waxing (becoming full) and weakest when it is waning (diminishing).
- To attract something into your life, work when the moon is waxing.
- For banishing spells and to remove negativity and bad situations, work when the moon is waning.
- The most important ingredient of any spell is love.
- Thought and prayer are very powerful, and what makes the magic work is faith.
- Any spell you cast should come from the heart, and you should direct your thoughts like an arrow toward a magnet.
- Spells work in spirits’ time. What is sent out mentally leaves an etheric trace, which adds power to the spell when repeated or reworded.
- Both words and thoughts are a powerful vibratory force. You must believe that what you wish for will come true, and you must not be afraid that it will.