Did you know that when you eat or drink anything, whatever you are eating or drinking will become a part of your structure – this cannot be undone. With this in mind, here is a great way to incorporate Rune Magick into your actual physical being.
Runes are a magickal alphabet invented long ago, and these days are most often used for divination. With this spell, they can also be used to give yourself a huge boost of energy and power as well. To familiarize yourself with Runes and what they mean you can visit the following posts on the Divination website:
The way this works, is that we are going to make some amazing and delicious Rune Cookies. And then, using an “If…Then” magickal technique, we are going to incorporate the Living Energy of your chosen Rune (or Runes) into your physical being.
This is a great idea for a coven or group. The cookies can be made in advance and then shared with the group in a ritual setting. Alternatively, you can have a group of friends over for a Rune Cookie party.
First, make the cookies:
I found this recipe at benebelle wen. She has a great tutorial and lots of fun pictures to go with it. These black sesame shortbread rune cookies look like beautiful stone runes but are also absolutely delicious to eat. The recipe is just for straightforward black sesame shortbread cookies. She took it a step further and turned the cookies into runes.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of toasted black sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
First, cream together the wet ingredients: the softened butter with the sugar, and then beat in the egg, and then add the whole milk.
Next, grind the toasted black sesame into a fine powder. You can use a mortar and pestle and while grinding, add some happy vibes by chanting mantras, or magickal rhymes. I Am the Mother is a nice one, or you can use one of your own that you like.
Then sift in the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder in with the grounded black sesame flour. This is the “dry” mix. Combine the dry and wet mix together to form a dough.
The recipe says to refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. You can let it chill while you explore the various Runes and their meanings. Maybe you’ll get an idea for what you might want to incorporate into your consciousness and your life.
Roll the dough into about 3/4-inch balls, just a bit under 1 inch. You’ll want your hands floured while you work with this dough. Then use the bottom of a glass to stamp the balls down into flat discs. Make sure the bottom of the whiskey glass is evenly floured or else your dough balls with stick to the glass.
Use a dull knife to carve the rune symbols into the discs. A cheese knife or butter knife will work just fine. You can carve just the Rune symbols that you have decided to incorporate into your life, or you can make a full set of Runes. It’s up to you.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 12 – 15 minutes.
These cookies are not just for looks. They’re tasty. Light, buttery, sweet but not over-the-top sweet, and rich with that black sesame flavor and aroma. Yum!
Now for the If… Then Technique
Because we are planning to purposely incorporate the energy of the Runes into our physical selves, it will be important to decide which Rune (or Runes) you would like to use. I would suggest no more than three. Any left over cookies can be frozen and used at a later time.
Ok, so now that you’ve selected the Rune cookie of choice. Pick it up, and realize that once you take a bite and swallow, this cannot be undone.
Say out aloud:
- “If I eat this, that will mean I will have instant access to ….
…. state the key qualities of the Rune that you wish to incorporate.”
Take a bite! Take your time and savor the flavor as you chew and swallow the cookie. Repeat three times. You can either take three bites of the same cookie, or eat three separate cookies.
Variations can include:
- “If I eat this, then it will mean that I will become…”
- “If I eat this, then it will mean that I’m going to enjoy…”
- “If I eat this, then it will mean that I will have…”
- “If I eat this, then it will mean that I will be able to…”
- “If I eat this, then it will mean that I will experience…”
For example, if you choose the Uruz Rune, it might sound like this:
- If I eat this, then it will mean that I will have instant access to…
…Limitless potential, infinite possibilities, sustained strength, renewal, and untamed power.
- If I eat this, then it will mean that I’m going to enjoy…
…Physical strength and speed, and untamed potential.
- If I eat this, then it will mean that I will experience…
…A time of great energy and health.
Leave a Reply
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Invocation to the Archangels as a Group by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Invocation to Lord Melchizedek by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Connecting with Fairies by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- To Enhance Clairvoyance by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- For Release of Addictions and Cravings by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 148 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 27 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- Spell To Find A Lost Pet by shirleytwofeathers - 12 Comments