Magick circles are often used for more complex work because they protect you from a wide variety of unwanted energies, which can get in the way of your spell.
Magick circles are best done outside, because you are then drawing directly on the electromagnetic forces of the landscape. You can first practice this at home, but it puts you directly in touch with the magick in nature if you can do it outside. Choose a quiet place, perhaps your garden, in the countryside, in a par, or even on a beach.
Take a compass if you aren’t very good at working out which direction you are facing!
Facing east, stand upright, extend your right hand, and point your index finger to the ground. As you slowly pivot around, draw an imaginary circle around you on the ground in a clockwise direction until you arrive at the east again. As you draw the imaginary circle, repeat the following:
“I draw this magick circle for protection and to show I am at one with the heavens and the spirits of the four directions.”
Next, you have to call in the spirits.
With your right hand outstretched again, point your finger to the east and call in the spirit of the east. Say:
“I call you, spirit of the East, to help me be touched with inspiration and innovative ideas.”
Repeat this charm in each of the other three directions, doing so in a clockwise direction, and calling on the individual attributes of each direction.
- East – Inspiration/Innovation
- South – Passion/Growth
- West – Introspection/Inner Work
- North – Protection/Permanence
Note: You can use whatever words you choose to call in the directional energies, just be sure to do them in order in a clockwise direction.
Now that you have called in the spirits, stand quietly for a moment in the center of your magick circle and quietly prepare yourself for the next stage of whatever spell you are working with.
When the spell is complete, open the circle by thanking each one of the directional energies, Often, this is done in a counter-clockwise manner beginning with the North and then working around to end in the East.
Declare the circle to be open. A nice way to close a circle is with the following chant:
The circle is open
May the peace of the Goddess
Be ever in your heart.
Merry meet and merry part.
And Merry meet again.
~Spells For A Magical Year
One Response to Casting A Circle
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 119 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 14 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments