A Particular Performance by Which it is Caused that a Person will Always Obtain Right Before a Court of Justice.
Take the herb called suntull (skunk cabbage) gathered during the month of August, while the sun stands in the sign of the lion, wrap a little thereof in a bay leaf, add a dandelion to it, carry this talisman on your person, and you will have the best of everybody, and receive the greatest advantage from it.
To bless your kitchen herbs, rise at dawn and then gather all of your herbs together on the kitchen counter. Hold your hands above them with your palms down, and then say:
God and Goddess of the good Earth
Bless these herbs with love and mirth
And as their powers are released
Let them flavor well each feast.
On the night of the full moon, go into your garden, pour a libation of fresh spring water, and say:
Plants of wonder plants of power
Increase in potency by minute and hour
I conjure you now, I charge you with strength
I give you life of infinite length
And boundless magical energy
As I will it, plants, charged you be.
Don’t forget to bless your garden spirits as well. Leave some fragrant herbs strewn in the garden, or string some silver bells, and say the following:
All members of the Sprite and Fey
I offer myself to you this day
For spiritual harvest and your work here below
So that I may flower and blossom and grow
And learn of myself and that up ahead
While working or playing or dreaming in bed
And in return, there is nothing I ask
But that within your magic spirit can bask
Magickal and healing herb gardens are sanctuaries of the soul. Indeed, any garden is a magickal on to the Witch. It isn’t long before we walk along our Earth based path that we as Pagans, Wiccans and Witches feel the need to play in the dirt. There is a spiritual need and excitement when sinking our hands deep into the earth or nourishing and caring and watching a plant grow into maturity. This alone is pure Earth Magick. Stable and strong.
Gardens can be both products of enchantment and independent producers of enchantment; they are a living, on-going magic spell. Gardens may be arranged in any variety of ways – color-coordinated, whatever was on sale at the nursery, even completely haphazardly. If you select, coordinate, and arrange plants according to the magic powers they radiate, then planting a garden becomes one style of casting a spell.
Thus your desire to draw wealth, protection, or fertility to one’s home is manifested by carefully arranging the appropriate plants, and vigilantly removing those possessing opposing, contradictory powers.
This obviously is a long-term extended magic spell, rather than the type of quick-fix luck spell you might choose for a spontaneous trip to a casino. How will you benefit from this type of garden spell?
- The actual spell-casting and then time spent among the botanicals and their radiant energy creates the desired adjustment on your own energy.
- The radiant energy of the coordinated garden draws and/or repels the targeted goal to you and your home in a more powerful manner than one botanical or amulet could achieve alone.
This spell is a symbiotic, reciprocal process, which ultimately strengthens all living participants for their mutual benefit. The garden will additionally attract complementary animal and spirit allies who will also contribute to the success of your spell.
This type of magic spell is not limited to those with access to personal property or sunny weather. Magick spell gardens may be created indoors in pots. Furthermore, an entire garden need not be created; orne or two individual plants may be grown as part of a magic spell or to further other magic spells.
Some other ways to bring magick into your witches garden are as follows:
- Decorate your pots or other gardening tools with symbols and/or runes.
- Place clear quartz crystals or moss agate (the gardeners stone) within the soil to amplify and charge your plants and help your plants flourish and grow.
- Water your plants with water that has been blessed and charged, this will also amplify and nourish your plants.
- Create a moon charged gem elixir with clear quartz, excellent for watering your plants.
- During the growing season you may chose to do a mini-full moon ritual to give thanks and gratitude to Gaia for abundantly blessing you with her sacred gifts of nature.
Herbs are often worn or carried in order to tap their specific powers. Following are several traditional herbal amulets, some of which are questionable, some fanciful, but all fascinating and potentially useful.
- To See Ghosts: Carry lavender and inhale its scent.
- To Allay Fear: Carry a mixture of nettle and yarrow.
- To Detect Witches: Carry a sachet of rue, maidenhair, agrimony, broom-straw, and ground ivy.
- To Be Courageous: Wear a fresh borage flower, or carry mullein.
- To Avoid Military Service: Wear a four-leaved clover if you wish to avoid duty.
- To Ensure Safety And Protection On A Journey: Comfrey worn or carried will safeguard you.
- To Prevent Storms And Wreckage While At Sea: Put a garlic clove in your purse or in your pocket. In the South Pacific or in Hawaii wear a garland of ti leaves.
- To Guard Against Rape: Wear heather to avoid all acts of passion.
- To Keep One From Dreaming: Hang a sprig of lemon verbena around the neck.
- To Conceive: Wear mistletoe, cyclamen, or bistort.
- To Prevent Weariness While Walking: Put mugwort in the shoe.
- To Keep Venomous Beasts And Wild Animals Afar: Wear avens or mullein.
- To Keep Others From Deceiving You: Wear pimpernel or snapdragon.
- To Keep Disease Afar: Wear a sprig of rue around your neck.
- To Enable a Soldier To Escape His Enemies: Wear vervain and you shall accomplish this.
- To Avoid Being Sent To The Gallows: Wear or carry a carnation.
- To Ensure Victory: Wear woodruff to win.
- To Ensure That Friendly Words Are Spoken To You: Wear heliotrope.
- To Enter The Underworld: Carry an apple, or the branch of an apple tree that bears buds, flowers and fully ripened fruit.
- To Regain Lost Manhood: Carry an acorn or mandrake root.
- To Remain Faithful: Carry an acorn.
- To Prevent Drunkenness: Wear a chaplet of saffron, crocus, parsley, or rue to prolong your enjoyment.
- To See Faeries: Gather wild thyme and carry it with you, or put it on the eyelids (with your eyes closed) and sleep on a faeri hill.
- To Be A Successful Fisherman: Carry a bit of hawthorn.
- To See A Unicorn: As this beast usually lives among ash trees, carry a bit of the wood or leaves and you may see one. Or lie down among ashes and place one of its leaves on your chest and wait for one to make itself known.