Magickal and healing herb gardens are sanctuaries of the soul. Indeed, any garden is a magickal on to the Witch. It isn’t long before we walk along our Earth based path that we as Pagans, Wiccans and Witches feel the need to play in the dirt. There is a spiritual need and excitement when sinking our hands deep into the earth or nourishing and caring and watching a plant grow into maturity. This alone is pure Earth Magick. Stable and strong.
Gardens can be both products of enchantment and independent producers of enchantment; they are a living, on-going magic spell. Gardens may be arranged in any variety of ways – color-coordinated, whatever was on sale at the nursery, even completely haphazardly. If you select, coordinate, and arrange plants according to the magic powers they radiate, then planting a garden becomes one style of casting a spell.
Thus your desire to draw wealth, protection, or fertility to one’s home is manifested by carefully arranging the appropriate plants, and vigilantly removing those possessing opposing, contradictory powers.
This obviously is a long-term extended magic spell, rather than the type of quick-fix luck spell you might choose for a spontaneous trip to a casino. How will you benefit from this type of garden spell?
- The actual spell-casting and then time spent among the botanicals and their radiant energy creates the desired adjustment on your own energy.
- The radiant energy of the coordinated garden draws and/or repels the targeted goal to you and your home in a more powerful manner than one botanical or amulet could achieve alone.
This spell is a symbiotic, reciprocal process, which ultimately strengthens all living participants for their mutual benefit. The garden will additionally attract complementary animal and spirit allies who will also contribute to the success of your spell.
This type of magic spell is not limited to those with access to personal property or sunny weather. Magick spell gardens may be created indoors in pots. Furthermore, an entire garden need not be created; orne or two individual plants may be grown as part of a magic spell or to further other magic spells.
Some other ways to bring magick into your witches garden are as follows:
- Decorate your pots or other gardening tools with symbols and/or runes.
- Place clear quartz crystals or moss agate (the gardeners stone) within the soil to amplify and charge your plants and help your plants flourish and grow.
- Water your plants with water that has been blessed and charged, this will also amplify and nourish your plants.
- Create a moon charged gem elixir with clear quartz, excellent for watering your plants.
- During the growing season you may chose to do a mini-full moon ritual to give thanks and gratitude to Gaia for abundantly blessing you with her sacred gifts of nature.
More About Gardens
The earliest formal record of gardening dates back to a stone tablet from Mesopotamia circa 4000 BC. It describes how Enki, the Sumerian God of Water, provided fresh water to the dry land and thereby produced fruit trees and fields from a desert like land. By 2250 BC, the famed Hanging Gardens of Babylon were well established in the capital of Sumeria. These are considered to be the forerunners of gardens today.
In Ancient Persia, (modern day Iraq), gardens were the playground of life. They serves as a place of solace, a gathering place for friends and family, and a formal extension of the home outdoors. These gardens were called “Paradise” and were thought to be an earthly view of what heaven must be like. They were cultivated carefully and tended to lovingly. Due to the desert conditions of the area, the gardens were usually enclosed by high walls. Many had aqueducts installed to maintain the irrigation needed for the gardens to thrive. Most often these gardens were formed into a square pattern and further divided into four smaller squares. Fountains and water channels were an important part of the architecture of the gardens. The gardens were said to have two of every fruit tree and plenty of places for sitting so that one could rest and enjoy the view.
Zen gardening is considered an art form by many. A Zen garden is a dry-landscape style of garden consisting of sand trails raked into intricate patterns. Often, the trails are not made of sand at all but rather a crushed type of granite, a very fine gravel. Many times the gravel pathways circle a rock or bush. The purpose of Zen gardening (the raking of the gravels) is to provoke contemplation and meditation. These gardens are thought to be very peaceful and restful to the eyes.
Traditional Japanese gardens invoke a sense of peace and tranquility in both the gardener and the person lucky enough to view the garden. According to the principles of Japanese gardening, each element introduced must be something that could occur naturally. For example, you can find a waterfall in nature, but not a fountain. Hence, a fountain has no place in a traditional Japanese garden.
Knot gardens are by far one of the most fantastical types of magickal gardens. They can weave a spell right into the landscape. A know garden is a very formal, precise arrangement of plants and tress. To create a magickal knot garden, choose an herb that corresponds to your intent and plant it in a pattern. The pattern can be as intricate or a simple as you wish. It can be a symbol, meant to reaffirm the spell, or any pattern that you like.
The ancient Romans brought their gardens inside the home and invented the atrium. Many times the atrium was placed in the center of the home. The area was left roofless and was usually surrounded by walkways. It may have held reflecting pools, herbal gardens and fruit trees.
One of today’s most popular magickal-gardening practices is moon gardening. This technique uses an ancient system of moon phases and astrological placements to calculate planting and harvesting times. In a moon garden, white and night blooming flowers are the main ornaments.
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Magickal Sign Lost Animal Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Getting Help From the Dragon King by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Spells For Fertility by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Protection Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Cat Healing Chant by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 104 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 12 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments