No exorcist available? No friends to help rid you of an unwanted spirit? Do it yourself. Demons reputedly hate the scent of frankincense.
- Apply essential oil of frankincense to the crown of the head, the forehead, the back of the neck, the throat, chest, palms of hands and soles of feet. Use individual drops of undiluted essential oil for this purpose.
- Now add some essential oil of frankincense to freshly drawn water.
- Using a brand new white cloth, bathe all of the above body parts, as well as the genital area.
- Repeat Psalm 145 throughout the entire ritual.
From: The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells
Invocation for exciting love in the heart of the person who is the object of our desire with the help of the 137th Psalm.
Pour oil from a white lily into a crystal goblet, recite the 137th Psalm over the cup and conclude by pronouncing the name of the angel Anael (or Hamiel), the planetary spirit of Venus, and the name of the person you love.
By the rivers of Babylon,
there we sat down, yea, we wept,
when we remembered Zion.
We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song;
and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying,
Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
How shall we sing the LORD’s song in a strange land?
If I forget thee, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget her cunning.
If I do not remember thee,
let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth;
if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom
in the day of Jerusalem;
who said, Rase it, rase it,
even to the foundation thereof.
O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed;
happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth
thy little ones against the stones.
(name of person you love)
Next write the name of the angel on a piece of cypress which you will dip in oil and tie the piece of cypress to your right arm. Then wait for a propitious moment to touch the right hand of the person with whom you are in love, and love will be awakened in his or her heart.
The operation will be more powerful in effect if you perform it at dawn on the Friday following the new moon.
Found in: The History and Practice of Magic
For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with surprising results for helping to solve many of the problems that arise from daily living. Pow Wow, or Pennsylvania Dutch Folk Magick, uses the Psalms extensively with good success. If you would like to try it, the following list will aid you in deciding which Psalm to use for your problem.
When using the Psalms, it is important to softly sound the words so that the vibrations gently fall or vibrate upon your ears. If you can chant the Psalm in this soft tone, so much the better. At the end of the Psalm, imagine/petition your desire with as few words as possible.
- To bring peace or blessings to the home – Psalm 1, 128
- To cast out evil influences from another – Psalm 29
- To change an unhappy situation into a happy one – Psalm 16
- So daily needs can be obtained and avoid harm – Psalm 77
- For defense against enemies, rivals, and assailants – Psalms 3, 59, 70
- To do good and avoid evil – Psalm 87
- For anyone who drinks too much – Psalm 87
- If enemies caused you to lose money and be mistrusted – Psalm 41 and 43 (3 times daily for 3 days with appropriate prayer to your situation.)
- For possession by an evil spirit – Psalm 66
- If appearing before a judge and want a favorable verdict – Psalm 20
- To free yourself from harmful or evil habits – Psalm 69
- To have good luck in all you do – Psalm 57
- To receive grace, love, and mercy – Psalm 32
- To bring harmony between people or groups – Psalm 133
- To receive Holy Blessings – Psalm 62
- So idle gossip will not harm you or cause agitation – Psalm 36
- For illness or bad health – Psalm 23, 35, 38
- If the law is taking measures to punish you – Psalm 35
- To be respected and loved by others – Psalm 47
- To keep the love of friends and acquire more friends – Psalm 133
- To make your home lucky – Psalm 61
- To petition for material needs (money, food, clothing, etc.) – Psalm 41
- To have more friends – Psalm 111
- Before moving into a new home for luck and blessings – Psalm 61
- To rid yourself of strong negative influences – Psalm 19
- To overcome an enemy in a just manner – Psalm 70
- To overcome trouble and loss from business partners – Psalm 63
- To bring peace and harmony between families – Psalm 98
- For protection from an enemy who will not leave you alone – Psalm 109
- To receive justice and a favorable hearing from a lawsuit – Psalm 119
- For reconciling between man and wife – Psalm 45, 46
- To reconcile with an enemy – Psalm 16
- To release from the heart deep seated hate, envy, and spite – Psalm 137
- To remove negative influences you feel around yourself – Psalm 10
- To be accepted, liked, and respected by all – Psalm 47
- To revenge yourself from secret enemies – Psalm 53 – 55
- To be safe from any planned robberies or danger – Psalm 50
- For safety if traveling alone at night – Psalm 122
- For someone in prison to be released early – Psalm 26
- For a person who wishes greater spiritual awareness – Psalm 99
- For spiritual support in stress or affliction – Psalm 3, 25, 54
- For thanksgiving or recovery from illness – Psalm 30
- For a safe ending in your travels – Psalm 34
- For trouble by slander – Psalm 38, 39
- For all your undertakings to be fortunate and advantageous – Psalm 65
- To protect against unjust slander – Psalm 36
- To win a lawsuit if opposed by an unjust or revengeful person – Psalm 35
From: Charms, Spells, and Formulas