In Sweden and Norway at the Solstice, people made wheels of fortune. Some of the wheels were wrapped in straw, set on fire, and rolled down hill. Other wheels were decorated and kept. These were used in two ways: One, the wheel was rolled away from a person to take away misfortunes; two, it was rolled toward a person to bring all kinds of good fortune.
To make a good fortune wheel, use a piece of wire that has been fastened in a circle. An embroidery hoop will work also. Wrap yarn or ribbon around the hoop until it is completely covered. To this wheel, tie dried or artificial flowers, good luck tokens, and streaming ribbons. These wheels can be hung as wall decorations or twirled so they spin toward you during spellwork.
From: Moon Magick
Leave a Reply
- Magick Rose Spell For Love by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Icelandic Anti-Aging Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Solstice Wheels of Fortune by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Summer Solstice Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Summer Solstice Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 15 Comments
- Eclipse Meditation Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - 6 Comments
- Tree Spell To Get What You Want by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Ritual for the Festival of Janus by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Connect With The Spirit World by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments