A Norwegian or Swedish peasant when he wishes to become a werewolf, kneels by the side of a lycanthropous stream at midnight, having chosen a night when the moon is in the full, chants these words:
“Tis night! Tis night!
And the moon shines white over pine and snow capped hill.
The shadows stray through burn and brae
and dance in the sparkling rill.”
Tis night! Tis night!
And the devils light casts glimmering beams around.
The maras dance, the nisses prance
on the flower enameled ground.”
Tis night! Tis night!
And the the werewolf’s might makes man and nature shiver.
Yet its fierce grey head and stealthy tread are nought to thee,
River, River, River
Oh water strong, that swirls along I prithee a werewolf make me.
Of all things dear, my soul, I swear,
In death shall not forsake thee.”
The supplicant then strikes the banks of the river three times with his forehead; then dips his head into the river thrice, at each dip gulping down a mouthful of the water.
Concludes ceremony, he has become a werewolf, and twenty-four hours later will undergo the first metamorphosis.
What is Lycanthropus water?
Lycanthropous water is said, by those who dwell near to it, to differ from other water in subtle details only, detail that would, in all probability, escape the notice of all who were not connoisseurs of the superphysical.
A strange, faint odor, comparable with nothing, distinguishes lycanthropous water; there is a lurid sparkle in it, strongly suggestive of some peculiar, individual life; the noise it makes, as it rushes along, so closely resembles the muttering and whispering of human voices as to be often mistaken for them; whilst at night it sometimes utters piercing screams, and howls, and groans in such a manner as to terrify all who pass near it.
Dogs and horses, in particular, are susceptible to its influence and they exhibit the greatest signs of terror of the mere sound of it.
From: The Werewolf Page
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 119 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 18 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments