For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with surprising results for helping to solve many of the problems that arise from daily living. Pow Wow, or Pennsylvania Dutch Folk Magick, uses the Psalms extensively with good success. If you would like to try it, the following list will aid you in deciding which Psalm to use for your problem.
When using the Psalms, it is important to softly sound the words so that the vibrations gently fall or vibrate upon your ears. If you can chant the Psalm in this soft tone, so much the better. At the end of the Psalm, imagine/petition your desire with as few words as possible.
- To bring peace or blessings to the home – Psalm 1, 128
- To cast out evil influences from another – Psalm 29
- To change an unhappy situation into a happy one – Psalm 16
- So daily needs can be obtained and avoid harm – Psalm 77
- For defense against enemies, rivals, and assailants – Psalms 3, 59, 70
- To do good and avoid evil – Psalm 87
- For anyone who drinks too much – Psalm 87
- If enemies caused you to lose money and be mistrusted – Psalm 41 and 43 (3 times daily for 3 days with appropriate prayer to your situation.)
- For possession by an evil spirit – Psalm 66
- If appearing before a judge and want a favorable verdict – Psalm 20
- To free yourself from harmful or evil habits – Psalm 69
- To have good luck in all you do – Psalm 57
- To receive grace, love, and mercy – Psalm 32
- To bring harmony between people or groups – Psalm 133
- To receive Holy Blessings – Psalm 62
- So idle gossip will not harm you or cause agitation – Psalm 36
- For illness or bad health – Psalm 23, 35, 38
- If the law is taking measures to punish you – Psalm 35
- To be respected and loved by others – Psalm 47
- To keep the love of friends and acquire more friends – Psalm 133
- To make your home lucky – Psalm 61
- To petition for material needs (money, food, clothing, etc.) – Psalm 41
- To have more friends – Psalm 111
- Before moving into a new home for luck and blessings – Psalm 61
- To rid yourself of strong negative influences – Psalm 19
- To overcome an enemy in a just manner – Psalm 70
- To overcome trouble and loss from business partners – Psalm 63
- To bring peace and harmony between families – Psalm 98
- For protection from an enemy who will not leave you alone – Psalm 109
- To receive justice and a favorable hearing from a lawsuit – Psalm 119
- For reconciling between man and wife – Psalm 45, 46
- To reconcile with an enemy – Psalm 16
- To release from the heart deep seated hate, envy, and spite – Psalm 137
- To remove negative influences you feel around yourself – Psalm 10
- To be accepted, liked, and respected by all – Psalm 47
- To revenge yourself from secret enemies – Psalm 53 – 55
- To be safe from any planned robberies or danger – Psalm 50
- For safety if traveling alone at night – Psalm 122
- For someone in prison to be released early – Psalm 26
- For a person who wishes greater spiritual awareness – Psalm 99
- For spiritual support in stress or affliction – Psalm 3, 25, 54
- For thanksgiving or recovery from illness – Psalm 30
- For a safe ending in your travels – Psalm 34
- For trouble by slander – Psalm 38, 39
- For all your undertakings to be fortunate and advantageous – Psalm 65
- To protect against unjust slander – Psalm 36
- To win a lawsuit if opposed by an unjust or revengeful person – Psalm 35
From: Charms, Spells, and Formulas
O glorious St. Anne, you are filled with compassion for those who invoke you and with love for those who suffer! Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles, I cast myself at your feet and humbly beg of you to take the present intention which I recommend to you in your special care.
Please recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and place it before the throne of Jesus, so that He may bring it to a happy issue. Continue to intercede for me until my request is granted. But, above all, obtain for me the grace one day to see my God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the saints to praise and bless Him for all eternity. Amen.
Our Father, . . . Hail Mary . . .
O Jesus, Holy Mary, St. Anne, help me now and at the hour of my death.
Good St. Anne, intercede for me.