Cairns or piles of stones are collectors and reservoirs of power. Creating a Cairn of Power in a specific power spot, such as a crossroads, graveyard, or hilltop can give added depth to magick performed with, on, or near them. Here’s how:
Select 10 or 20 stones of approximately the same size. Larger is better – just be sure that you can safely handle them. When collecting the stones, always ask permission, and take the stone only if permission is granted. Be respectful of the place, and be sure to leave appropriate offerings, and blessings.
Before building the Cairn, get grounded and centered. If you are working with others, avoid small talk and distractions. Silence is best.
Allow the stones to speak to you, and guide you in the building of the Cairn. As you place the first stone, say aloud and with conviction:
“I place here a stone of power.”
Repeat this with the rest of your stones, gradually forming a sturdy pile of stones. The pile can have a square or triangular base, and the shape it forms will be dictated by the rocks you chose. Take your time, listen to the land, the wind, the voices in the trees. You are building a Cairn of Power – take it seriously. If you are quiet enough, and serious enough, a name will come to you.
As you place the last stone on top of the pile, say:
“This is a Cairn of Power”
Listen and wait for the naming of the Cairn.
When the name comes to you say:
“This is ____________.” (name the Cairn)
Pour a libation of water or wine, and light a small candle to activate the energies. If you have magick to perform, do it now. When you are complete, leave an offering of cornmeal, salt, flowers, herbs or whatever feels appropriate.
Each time you return, you can bring another stone, crystals, amulets, shells, statues, or other items to add to the Cairn. Over time, and as you continue to revisit the Cairn, your connection to the power will build, and eventually you will have only to think of it to receive a surge of energy.
Note: This post was written by Shirley Twofeathers, you may repost and share it only if you give me credit and a link back to this website. Blessed be.
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Sand Spell For Obstacles by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Orange Juice Spell For A Fresh Start by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using Items or Demons To Become A Vampire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Multi-Verse Spells To Become A Vampire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using Natural Magick To Become A Vampire by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 102 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 9 Comments