The purpose of a ritual bath is to cleanse Yourself, both inside and out. It is a rite in and of itself. Here is a general outline of what a ritual bath might consist of:
- The bath water can be infused with salts, herbs, oils that are in harmony with your purpose.
- Candles are lit – these too are chosen for color and scent that are appropriate to the moment. Also to set the mood and create an atmosphere of sacred mystery.
- Incense might be burned as well, to infuse the room with a specific aroma, to cleanse the room with the smoke, or as a fragrant offering to a deity.
- Music can be used to aid with meditation or visualization.
- Holy Water (if you have it) can be added to the bath water, or used as a rinse when the bath is complete.
- Some people like to have a glass of wine to drink and offer as an offering or libation to a chosen Deity.
- Try to include each of the four elements. Fire (candle, heated water), Earth (salt, herbs), Air (incense, aroma),
- Water (the bath itself). Think about them as you use, light, or immerse yourself in them.
When you light the candle, visualize the element of fire blessing you with warmth and light. When you light the incense, again, visualize the fire element. Then, as the smoke begins to rise gently blow the smoke and concentrate on the element of air that breathes through you to gently move the fragrant smoke, Turn on the water, and think about water, how it moves in the oceans, falls from the sky, and is now here – for you. Add your bath ingredients to the water as it flows into the tub, remembering the precious earth that nurtured the plants, and upon which you now stand.
As you lower yourself into the bath, relax and enjoy the warmth of the water and the scents in the air. If you have music playing, allow yourself to drift in the melodies. Relax and totally open yourself so that any negativity, sorrow, angst, worry, anxiety, anger, stress… etc… can be released. Just let it all go.
When you feel you are ready, pull the plug and stay in the tub until all the water has drained. As the water is draining visualize and know that the negative energies that are now in the water are going into the Earth and are grounded. If you did not add Holy Water to the bath, you can pour it on yourself now.
When you rise up out of the tub, you can do a self blessing. Here’s a really simple one that feels really good, especially if you say it several times:
I bless myself
I bless myself
If you have a chosen deity that has been invited to or invoked as part of your ritual, you can change the above blessing to fit. For example: “She blesses me, She blesses me, I am, I am”
If you have wine, and wish to do so, now is the time to pour a libation to the Deity and drink some of the wine. Then dry yourself off, clean up the bathroom, take the remaining libation outside to return it to the earth. And the rite is ended.
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 107 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 14 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments