Perhaps one of the most ill understood and belittled types of Everyday/Mundane Magic is exactly Love Magic, that is, the Magic one makes use of to attract Love, Sex and Emotions to one’s life. I myself cannot understand why so many sneer at it. Frankly, I find the act of casting a spell and making Magic to attract one’s Heart Desire and Soul Counterpart one of the most serious and divine acts of worshiping the gods in a human being. Just recall a time when you were deeply in love and you will remember how human it felt and yet so close to god(dess)head. It felt like this both ways too, because the keyword for eternity as far as love is concerned is reciprocation.
To be truly in love is an act of complementary that transcends all dualities, it is the Pursuit of Pleasure, a joyous and willing surrender of selves in a Battle where both partners are winners, it is sharing, intimacy and play. Who teaches whom, it is impossible to say. Lover and Beloved become united in the Explosion of Senses, Tastes, Textures and Colors, in the Adventure of Lovemaking, physical and emotional to experience then the Divine manifest within and without themselves. Have you ever thought that the Universe is always making love to itself, ever changing, and that this is also called Evolution?
Therefore, as far as my experience goes, love and lovemaking within the context of Mesopotamia was and still should be seen first and foremost as a religious experience. One cannot forget the fact that the Sacred Marriage Rite was at the core of Mesopotamian Religion, and it was the celebration of the Bond of Heaven and Earth between Lover and Beloved represented by the union of the king and shepherd of the land and his heavenly consort, the High Priestess of Inanna/Ishtar, the Great Goddess of Love and War, and shared by all Mesopotamians in the privacy of their homes in sacred dates.
For when the right stars shone in the skies especially to announce the return of springtime, in the first New Moon of the season it was the sacred duty of the king to wed the High Priestess of Inanna/Ishtar in the Holies of Holies of the sacred man-made mountain, the ziggurat, to ensure fertility for the land and the people in all levels and spheres. Indeed, if we study carefully Mesopotamian love poetry of the Third Dynasty of Ur, especially the Bridal Songs and The Courtship of Inanna and Dumuzi (the forerunner of the Song of Songs), we may perhaps find some reasons to propose a proto-Tantra centered in the prototypal couple Inanna/Ishtar and Dumuzi/Tammuz.
In what follows, love spells as quoted in the literature will be presented for your joy and delight. Please note how spontaneous and uninhibited are the male and female voices that long for the Beloved and the Lover united as One. These spells are indeed more than 3,000 years old, and it is clear to me that Mesopotamians were a much jollier lot than us as far as love and singing the Beloved was concerned.
Incantations are as follows:
Be aware that some of them are quite explicit and may not be suitable for everyone.
- Get up
- I Have Made A Bed
- Becoming More Explicit
- Seated on Her Thighs
- May I Not Miss My Prey
- Against Arousal
- The Harpstring
Great Lover and Beloved who is reading me right now, and yes, I am talking to you, Reader of Mine, start making love be in your life NOW, open up the doors of your mind, heart, body and soul to Seduction and Allure. Indeed, I am inciting you to be practical: if your partner is around, blow him/her a kiss, treat him/her with something thoughtful. If he is away, there are so many forms to communicate these days. Use them then!
If you don´t have a partner, treat yourself then! Waiting for the Beloved to come your ways must be a magical time. Bride or Bridegroom of the Perfect, Sacred Marriage of your Dreams, this is who you are. Value yourself. You are everything you need to start, continue and live happily ever after with your prospective Beloved. Did I make myself clear?
Most of all, wish and witch and wait for results to come your way. Keep the flame of desire alight, wait in perfect love and perfect trust, in stillness that is not idle and get results that do show potential. Be creative too. The Sure Thing is Happy Expectation and Delight, not anger, power-over or frustration. Remember this and embrace the future now, at this very moment.
May Joy, Laughter and Creativity, the Sources of Inspiration for Love Everlasting that you also make be in the physical world be yours to share in all spheres!
To Inanna and Enki, in love and laughter, trust, humor and dare, as it was, is and will always be.
Exerpt from an essay by Lishtar
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Magickal Sign Lost Animal Spell by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Getting Help From the Dragon King by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Spells For Fertility by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Cat Protection Ritual by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Cat Healing Chant by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 104 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 12 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments