This isn’t exactly a spell, but it’s a really easy way to connect with your own inner voice, and it might give you some ideas for spell work in the future. For example, you could cast a spell for harmony between your “Inner Mother” and your “Rebellious Child.” I’m sure that as you read through the list, and think about who speaks to you from within, more ideas will come to you.
Here’s the basic concept:
Since we each have so many inner voices, every day there are all kinds of “committee meetings” going on inside our heads. The one speaking right now is the one who is curious, who loves to learn.
You don’t need to call your inner voices a “Committee” if you don’t want to. Feel free to name them something different if you’d like. Here are some ideas:
- The Inner Family
- Inner Parts
- Inner Tribe
Identifying your inner voices:
As you read the list below, take a separate piece of paper (or your journal) and make your own list. You will find that you will identify with some of the inner voices listed here, and some you will pass right over. That’s perfectly okay. You are the only one who truly can identify your own inner voices. You might find that some of them sound exactly like people you grew up with.
- The Critic
- The Peacemaker
- The Organizer
- The Caretaker
- The Happy Child
- The Poet
- The Fighter
- The Gypsy
- The Hermit
- The Grump
- The Guru
- The Yogini
- Miss Responsible
- The One Who Loves to Cook
- The One Who Was Shamed
- The Healer
- The Good Mother
- The Nature Lover
- The Professional/Business Woman
- The One Who Waits
- The Inner Cheerleader
Take a look at the list you made of your own inner Committee. Some of the voices on your list are clearly positive. Some are more neutral. And some may seem negative and bothersome. This is all okay! They are each needing to be heard.
A few of them may seem to be dominant, the ones who are continually “running the show.” Others may be living on the fringes, unable to speak, silenced and hidden in the shadows. Remember that each part of you wants to be seen, heard, named and honored.
I have found that simply noticing a voice (especially a shadowy voice that doesn’t seem to like me) diminishes its power over me.
What to do about it:
An excellent way to connect with and bring harmony to your inner tribe is to make a picture to represent each one. This can be done in the form of small collages, one for each voice – or you could do some scrap booking, giving each voice it’s own separate page. This is a great project for self exploration – and is easily done by going through magazines and pulling out images and words that speak to you about the individual selves. You may find that you begin to identify many more inner voices as you continue the practice of inner listening, and as you continue to go through magazines finding images that call to you..
Found at: KaleidoSoul a website that facilitates the making of “soul collages” bringing your inner voices out in the form of collaged cards.
Leave a Reply
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems For hundreds of years the Psalms have been used with su...
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies I found these old old spells to protect oneself from en...
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell This year (2018) is particularly unique in that January...
- Spell for the Solar Eclipse Even if you live in a part of the world where the M...
- Door Unlocking Spells There are many, many good reasons that have nothing...
- Full Moon Power Spell The Moon's energy is most intense when she reaches...
- Angel Magic Invocation Spell Today is a full moon - a perfect night for some Angel m...
- Gypsy Magick Magick of the Gypsies, Romany spells and cures, and...
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell Items needed: Ink pen Piece of paper Thr...
- Sock Spells for Love, Luck, and More These spells work on the concept that the feet are...
If you would like some advice about what sort of magick is needed, simply enter a short explanation of your situation. Our resident witch will be happy to assist. Good Luck!!
- Using the Psalms for Solving Problems by shirleytwofeathers - 107 Comments
- Spiritual Assistance Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 35 Comments
- Once In A Blue Moon Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 24 Comments
- 62 Spells To Defeat Your Enemies by shirleytwofeathers - 14 Comments
- Bay Leaf Wish Spell by shirleytwofeathers - 10 Comments