This is my 365 things to do to climb out of my hole, escape from my box… and live a larger life than the one I’ve been hiding in. And no, I’m not going to list all of them here. I’m just going to talk about what they might be and get ideas for what they could be, so that I can get up out of this chair and get going on it right now. Who knows, it might even be something you might want to try… so read on.
My new years resolution this time around is to do one thing every day. Just one. I had this idea that I would make a list of 365 things that I could do that would strengthen my connection to my guides and angels, empower my spiritual life, and feed my soul. Basically, I just want to get right with the Gods because I’ve been feeling that connection slipping and fading.
So… I thought I would make a box, bottle, or basket with 365 little slips of paper. Each one with something written on it that would further my goal. Some easy and quick, and others that are more interesting, more complicated and which would take longer to complete. Every day I will pick out one of those slips and do what it says. If I have a day when I pick something that doesn’t seem to fit with that particular moment, I can always put it back and find another. At the end of the year, the container should be empty, and I should be feeling much more connected to spirit… at least that’s the plan.
For this kind of thing to work for me, it has to be something that I start my day with. If I put it off till the evening, next thing you know, I’ll be forgetting about it completely, and my plan will be ruined. So, first order of business is to set all of my alarms 15 minutes earlier.
Alarms? Plural? Yes… the first one is birds singing because I like to ease into the idea of waking up. Then I have the Ganesh Mantra sung by Yogi Hari. That starts my day off right by putting me in good standing with the Remover of Obstacles, even though most of the time I sleep through it. And lastly, I have my annoying and loud rock and roll song that propels me out of bed and into my day.
But I digress…
So. Now for my 365 things. I decided to come up with 24 somewhat intensive things to do. This means that, all things being equal, twice a month I will get totally immersed in a spiritual pursuit of some kind. For example:
- Do a medicine wheel.
- Take a shamanic journey.
- Cast a circle and do some deep magick.
- Do a complete Reiki treatment on myself or someone else.
- A tarot card reading complete with incense, candles, and music.
- Create a magickal tool.
- Create an altar or magickal place on my property.
- Paint a portrait of myself, my guides, or my heart.
For my four work days each week I need something easy and quick, which means 208 things I can do on the fly. I’m going to write these on colored paper, so it will be easy to grab one and go. Here are some of my ideas:
- Go outside, connect with the earth and sky, and say hello to the four directions.
- Reiki my eyes.
- Reiki my heart.
- Pour white light over my body to cleanse and protect.
- Say a nice hello to my guides and angels.
- Five minutes of pranayama.
- A chant to the Goddess… or the God.
It would be good to get out of the house periodically… so I decided to write 24 spiritual and/or magickal things that would require me to go someplace other than here. That’s only twice a month. I should be able to swing it. Those things might look like this:
- Go out in the woods and leave messages and treats in the trees for the fairies.
- Find a high hill where I can stand and let the wind clear my aura and blow all my negative shit away.
- Do magick that requires a crossroads and a graveyard.
- Visit a mall and let the Gods speak to me through what I see and hear.
- Pour my bullshit and bad juju into container of herbs and essential oils, and release it into a river or creek.
And then I need some mid range things … stuff that doesn’t take all day and isn’t too complicated, and yet remains interesting and rewarding. I’m thinking maybe an investment of an hour or so of my time. Some of my ideas include:
- Reiki my house and everything in it.
- Listen to a self hypnosis mp3, video, or CD.
- Have a talk with a tree.
- Send Reiki to the earth, the sun, and the sky.
- Color therapy in the Magick room.
- Take a relaxing magickal bath.
- Pull a rune stone or three, and contemplate the message.
- Throw the I Ching.
- Cast a simple spell.
- Do the long chant to the Unconquered Sun.
- Recite the names of Ganesha.
And if all else fails… I also plan to have a number of dark slips of paper. These are for if I totally forgot to do my one thing and it’s now late in the day. They would be extra cards, the just in case cards… and the plan is that if any are left over at the end of the year, I’ll do all of them. They are:
- Howl at the moon.
- Send Reiki to the stars.
- Breathe in the night and breathe out my drama and bullshit.
- Go outside and be peace…. for just a few minutes… be peace.
These actually sound kind of fun! Lots of them are things I can do with my girls, which makes it even more fun. I can’t wait to get started.
- Catt: Fun Favorites
- kriesnendu houly: My Favorite Treebeard Quotes
- HH: Here’s What I Know…
- Erin: What does my name mean?
- Abdulrahman Kanu: Absolutely Nobody
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?
Leave a Reply