So, yesterday I was talking about my Book of Demons, and today I thought I would expand on one of them. As part of the book project, I wanted explore how this Demon helps me, when it is useful to conjure him, and when it is better to leave him sleeping and unaware.
Who is this guy? He’s The Nobody. His presence becomes quite noticeable when I find myself saying or thinking one or more of the following:
- Nobody buys my art.
- Nobody hearts my stuff.
- Nobody comments on my posts.
- Nobody visits my website.
- Nobody helps me do anything.
- Nobody reads my Facebook.
- Nobody shares my amazing updates.
- Nobody understands me.
- Nobody does what I say.
- Nobody cleans my house.
So, as I’m reading these invocations, it occurs to me that most of them are NOT TRUE, not even a little bit true. And some of them sound really a lot like someone feeling sorry for herself. And I really don’t like the idea of being a “feeling sorry for myself” type of person. Because, hey! What’s to feel sorry for. I’m not sorry! Not at all.
As a matter of fact, the only one that actually IS true is the one about how nobody cleans my house. And it’s only partly true because I do clean it, sometimes… like… I dunno… once a year. Anyway, it’s the middle of a pandemic, nobody is coming over anyway… lol NOBODY again. And actually nobody cares if my house is clean or not. Nobody except me, and only sometimes… So…
I’m thinking that The Nobody is a really good liar! Also he is astonishingly good at dampening my enthusiasm, and stopping me dead in my tracks. Every now and then he inspires me to try even harder to get some attention, but for the most part all he does is pull me down.
The best way to conjure him up is to have unrealistic expectations.
For example, sometimes I upload a really cool piece of artwork to my Redbubble shop, and then get really disappointed when it hasn’t had any hits, hearts, or sales by the next day. And when he shows up, and he inevitably will, sometimes I do actually try to promote my Redbubble stuff either on Facebook or here on my website. Which can be even more disappointing when I still don’t get hits, hearts, or sales right away.
I suppose it could be said that The Nobody is helpful in keeping me humble. “Pride goeth before a fall” or so they say. So maybe he keeps me from falling too hard on my ass. I guess that’s a small bonus.
He also pushes me to do more self promotion, and while I do totally suck at advertising, he is largely responsible for some of the traffic in my shops and websites. So I suppose I should thank him for that.
What else do I want to say about The Nobody?
Well, appropriate an appeasement offering would be sour grapes, which is what a lot of his invocations sound like ~ sour grapes.
And if I am really wanting to get friendly with The Nobody, I suppose I could post something really stupid, something worthy of ZERO comments, hearts, or hits. Alternatively, I could put something really cool on Redbubble and put the settings to it on PRIVATE. Nobody would see it then.. guaranteed.
Another way to live in harmony with The Nobody might be to start calling him on his shit. Do some fact checking, give him credit when he is right but hold him accountable when he isn’t. And when he is right, it might even be useful to say, “Thank you for pointing that out.” Or, and this might be even better, “Yes I know, and I don’t actually care.” But that’s only better if it’s true.
On second thought, that all sounds like a lot of effort on my part… fact checking… it sounds so laborious and boring!! What if I just respond with and eye roll and an “Oh really?” I could even follow it up with, “Would you like some tea?”
I know that I’ve mostly talked about The Nobody in the context of my online shops, Facebook, and my website. I think that’s because it’s where he generally tends to hang out. Social media is his favorite place to be. Does he hang out with you too? I bet he does.
As for the image I used to illustrate this post, it is a bad photo of a visual representation of The Nobody. I drew it as part of my art class project. At some point I intend to scan the original, tweak it to make it awesome, and upload it to my shops. Then I will sit back and wait to see if Nobody will see it, like it, heart it, or buy it.
This is the mega list of stuff I want to finish or do before I die, including practical stuff to make life easier while I do these million things:
Note: These are in no particular order. I just wrote them down as I thought of them, and while I am tempted to organize this list, I have so far managed to resist alphabetizing or categorizing it. Also, some of this stuff will make sense only to me, because… long story.
- Finish the drawings for the 100 things art project.
- Post all the stories, essays, and poetry that I’ve written.
- Upload all my finished art to my Redbubble shop.
- Update all the Cafe Press products.
- Update and finish up all my Cafe Press shops.
- Upload all my favorite patterns and designs to Spoonflower.
- Purchase samples of each of my Spoonflower fabrics and make mojo bags out of them.
- Transfer all the posts from the shirleytwofeathers blogger blog to here on Hey It’s Me.
- Transfer all the Mandala Madness on blogger to the Mandala Madness here on shirleytwofeathers.com.
- Get all the Gypsy Magic stuff off blogger and on to my little Magick and Mystery sites.
- Update the Pagan Calendar for 2021.
- Get all the Reiki class stuff posted on Twofeathers Reiki.
- Get all the dog training class info posted on Teach Your Dog To Behave.
- So… basically… update the whole website with all the old blogger stuff and my collected information.
- Get all the Middle of the Night Art pictures scanned.
- Get all the art class pictures scanned.
- Hook up my scanner.
- Hook up my other PC so I can get the scanner up and running.
- Dig the scanner out of the pile of clutter in my office.
- Dig the PC out of the pile of clutter in my office.
- Declutter the office area.
- Organize the office area so that it’s easy to use.
- Declutter the kitchen.
- Make a cat tower out of the oatmeal boxes I have been saving.
- Declutter the cat room.
- Fix the big tub plumbing issues.
- Get the toilet useable in the other bathroom.
- De-mouse the magick room.
- Make an outside Medicine Wheel.
- Paint Kwan Yin.
- Clean the bird cage.
- Reclaim my bedroom.
- Take the houseplants out of the big tub in the master bathroom.
- Plant shrubs around the Magick Tree.
- Plant ground cover under the Magick Tree.
- Organize the magick room closet.
- Organize the stuff in the magick room dresser.
- Hang the bison skull.
- Declutter the bedroom.
- Level and finish Kwan Yin’s base.
- Put a trellis behind Kwan Yin.
- Enlarge the tire area that encloses the Kwan Yin space.
- Fill the tires with soil and plants.
- Finish out the Kwan Yin tire wall with whatever is needed.
- Make a spot to connect with the Strength Tree.
- Plant bulbs, bushes, and ground cover in Kwan Yin’s area.
- Get planters for Kwan Yin.
- Paint the hangar thingy next to Kwan Yin and hang a candle holder on it.
- So, basically… finish the Kwan Yin area and make it really nice.
- Plant a good ground cover in the Medicine Wheel area.
- Finish the first two layers of the big tire wall.
- Decide what to do with the desk in the old trailer.
- Pull the cabinets out of the old trailer.
- Get all the stuff I want to keep out of the old shed and turn the rest over to the scrappers.
- Clean up the area around the old trailer.
- Do something cool with the cymbals from the old drum set.
- Add the second two layers to the big tire wall.
- Finish the tire wall and make it look not terrible.
- Clean up the pile of bottles and trash in the driveway.
- Rearrange the living room.
- Repaint the living room.
- Replace the living room carpet.
- Replace the hallway carpet.
- Fix the front door so that it doesn’t leak during a rain storm.
- Paint the hallway.
- Organize the books in the bookshelves in the hallway.
- Declutter the closet.
- Finish the Gospel Missionary Message site.
- Get all the old reel to reel tapes transferred to CD’s.
- Repaint the kitchen.
- Redo the kitchen floor.
- Organize the storage unit.
- Wash the fucking windows for crying out loud!!
- Get the roof repaired.
- Fix the fucking siding!
- Enlarge the fenced part of the yard.
- Get a new gate.
- Replace the front stairs.
- I need a better bed at some point.
- Finish the Book of Demons.
- Add my kids to the property title.
- Add my daughter to my bank account.
- Put all my sims stuff on it’s own external hard drive.
- Move all the old prosperity projects to the Prosperity Project here on shirleytwofeathers.com.
- Finish the Jim Morrison Doors Divination cards.
- Finish that silly game I made up so that we can play it again.
- Paint the front door.
- Do a major mouse eradication event.
- Thoroughly clean the old van, inside and out.
- Put signs up on the gates.
- Get some good locks for both gates.
- Get my car painted where the paint has chipped off.
- Finish the fun faces art project.
- Knit the scarves I started working on last year and have them done before Christmas.
- Clean out the old dog runs and turn it into a cool space for picnics and outdoor art.
- Get the old woodstove moved into the picnic/art space.
- Clean up the back yard of the old trailer.
- Clean out the other shed and turn it over to the scrappers.
- Get the old trailer scrapped and gone.
- Fix the fence around the old trailer area.
- Turn the old trailer area into a nice place for family picnics, camping, outdoor art, and other fun stuff.
- Make a list of all my passwords and put it in a safe place just in case my daughter needs them.
- Comb my hair – this pretty much needs to be done every day. LOL.
- Organize my DVD collection and get rid of all the ones I don’t want.
- Inventory all the cool stuff in my magick room so that when I am gone it will make sense to whoever has to go through it all.
- Clean the heat ducts – no matter what time of year it is, winter is coming.
- Clean the furnace filters – this pretty much needs to be done before, during, and after winter.
- Finish the floor in the little bathroom.
- Repaint the little bathroom.
- Replace the wax ring on the toilet in the little bathroom.
- Fix the faucets in the little bathroom so that water comes out of them properly.
- Basically… make that little bathroom look really nice.
- Do something cool with the old Ecuador stuff so it can be enjoyed instead of just being in a box.
- Organize a more permanent art space for drawing and painting with acrylics and inks.
- Clean out the medicine cabinet because the next time I am sick I don’t want to be rooting around in the middle of the night feeling like shit warmed over and not being able to find anything I’m looking for.
- Clean out the refrigerator, because… gross!!
- Pull the old drum set out of the shed, clean up the drums and figure out where to put them.
- Declutter the art room …. again!
- Gather up all my important papers and put them someplace safe and easy to get to just in case.
- Organize all my miscellaneous paperwork – which means throw away every piece of paper that is redundant or unnecessary and put the rest into accessible neatly labeled folders.
- It would be really nice to have my furniture recovered or replaced so it doesn’t look like crap.
- Clean the litter box… basically this needs to be done like… every day!
- Totally clean out my email which is seriously ridiculous with thousands of saved and/or unread emails.
Another note: For now, this is the list. If I ever actually manage to get anything on it done, I will come back and mark it as completed. Alternatively, the list will probably grow as time goes by.
So this is how I’ve been feeling lately. There are so many things I want to do RIGHT NOW that I am virtually paralyzed, and end up doing other completely different things. And this morning I thought that maybe it would be helpful… emphasis on MAYBE… to make a list. So here it is!
All the things I want to do right now:
- Re-scan my Middle of the Night Art with a higher resolution so that I can start to put all those cool pictures on nifty stuff at Red Bubble… so that I can buy some of it for myself.
- Get my little Middle of the Night Art website up and running so I can see all the pictures and pick the ones to put on Red Bubble.
- Hook up my other PC, and my scanner, and get it turned on and up and running so that I can do the above stuff.
- Oh… and go buy a new strip so that I can hook up that PC and all the stuff that goes to it.
- Update all the static web pages on the site so that there is a link to the Middle of the Night Art site that people can actually find and click on.
- Do a Medicine Wheel.
- Get all the Medicine Wheel information from a class I gave on Medicine Wheels uploaded to the Feathers and Bones site.
- Make a Medicine Wheel bag that I can take with me wherever I go.
- Create some Medicine Wheel art for my Magick Room.
- Go treasure hunting at some thrift stores and look for cool stuff for the Medicine Wheel bag or whatever else I might find that’s cool and interesting.
- Find all the paperwork for a class on shamanism that I took a long time ago.
- Post all that information on Feathers and Bones.
- Take a Shamanic Journey … or two … or three…
- Go for a walk in the woods and see what happens.
- Redo the preliminary exercises in the shamanism class.
- Repaint the bathroom.
- Replace or recover the bathroom floor.
- Fix the toilet that is wobbly and crooked.
- Make more art for the bathroom.
- Oh… and clean said bathroom really really well.
- Make a cool shelving unit out of legos for the bathroom so I will have a place to put stuff in there.
- Organize all my movies and take the ones I’ll never watch again in and trade them for store credit or other different better movies.
- Do the same thing with all my TV shows that I have on DVD.
- Do a seance with a bunch of fun like minded people, in a cool place with a great ambiance, and lots of love laughter and wine.
- Reupholster and fix the couch.
- Paint the living room a yummy orange.
- Rip out the carpet and fix the floor and put something beautiful on it… maybe paint it and get some cool rugs… or put in new flooring… or just get new carpet… but for crying out loud, get rid of what’s on the floor right now. It’s so ugly.
- Get all the posts that are currently on my Gypsy Magic blogger blog transferred to the various Magick and Mystery sites. Every single one! All of them!
- Finally finish moving the old old old static web pages that are still up but not connected to anything really. There is some stuff on Color Therapy, Transcendental Meditation, and some Quotes… all of which need to be moved somewhere that they can be seen.
- Go camping with just me and my dog and really get quiet and centered.
- Clean the bird cage… well… I don’t really WANT to do this, but it needs to be done.
- Get the grass mowed where I am going to put in the new fence and plan that all out.
- Somehow manage to get all that new fencing here, and get the fence put up so that Opie and I can have a bigger nicer yard and a gate that actually opens in winter.
- Well… I don’t really care if it opens at all in the winter… but a nice good wide gate so I can use the riding lawnmower to do the yard would be a huge bonus.
- Mow a bunch of pathways in through the overgrown dense whatever you want to call it that used to be a corn field, and then became a field of wild flowers when I had sheep to keep it mowed down, but which now is totally thick with underbrush and poison ivy and god knows what else.
- Make a magickal labyrinth like the one I used to have before I had lawnmower issues and then got depressed and then got busy and then got more depressed and then a bunch of shit happened and then suddenly it is totally gone and replaced by bushes and trees and … yes … poison ivy.
- Clean out the closet where the hot water heater is so that I can get someone to come out and put in a new one because not having hot water really sucks ass.
- Go through and totally clean out all the boxes that are piled in what used to be my bedroom but which is now the “cat room” since my dog hates the cats and the cats hate my dog and I don’t want anyone massacred in my house, so I sleep in the living room, and the “cat room” has become a repository for stuff I need to sort and throw away or keep and put away.
- Clean up my art room so I can actually go in there and do art.
- Make some more small paintings with fingernail polish… because that was fun and I have some ideas.
- Finish all my zen tangle pictures that I started and then left hanging.
- Work on my 100 things project.
- Paint that cute little bird house I found and then do a magick spell where I entice all my house demons and bad juju entities to climb in and go for a ride… and take them someplace else where they can live happily ever after NOT in my house.
- Make a place for Saskia outside where there is a chair, and a shade tree, a small table, flowers, wind chimes, a place for candles, and whatever else seems right so that I can feel that her spirit would be comfortable here if she wanted to visit, and so that if I wanted to, I could sit out there and remember how much I love her.
- Charge my brand new shock collar that I spent a bunch of money on.
- Do some serious training with my dog so that I can use that collar to teach him to come when called no matter what, and that it is NOT okay to try to kill the cats. And also it would be nice if he knew how to heel and stay.
- Get a bunch more posts up on the Encyclopedia of Herbology so that I can look herbs up and see what they are good for.
- Upload all the Reiki 2nd Degree information from my class paperwork to Twofeathers Reiki.
- Make a Reiki box.
- Get the Pagan Calendar totally updated… the whole thing… for the whole year.
- Make a cool orange fur bag with Sunny so that her dream can come true and… well… it sounds fun and cool.
- Read the books I ordered.
- Get the Prosperity Project up and running again, and actually do it ahead of time so that I’m not scrambling every day to get it posted.
- Build a bottle wall.
- Make a sweat lodge.
- Actually do a sweat… somewhere, even if it’s not here…. but go to one or something.
- Upload all of my “how to make a sweat lodge” information to Feathers and Bones so that I’ll know how to do it when I have the area mowed and a place for the fire that won’t be a hazard and burn the entire place up.
- Paint the Front Door.
- Build a porch or small deck so that my dog and I will have a place to sit outside and enjoy ourselves.
- Figure out what my password is to my email on my phone so that I can deal with my email on my smart phone instead of having to do it on my laptop which is a huge pain in the ass.
- Make an appointment for a massage for me and Sky.
- Actually comb my hair so that later today I can take a shower at Sydney’s house and get my hair washed without having to do it with a COLD shower which is no fun and actually quite miserable unless it’s a really hot day which it isn’t.
- Take Layla someplace fun and interesting.
- Go to the beach.
- Do the old book idea that I had the other day which requires either my scanner to be hooked up and running, or a good graphics program that will render a bunch of text.
- Back up all the files on my laptop. I haven’t done that in a while… and it’s time. Only thing is, it will take forever because there is so much! Sigh!
- Take Sydney to a bakery because she’s been wanting to go to a bonafide bakery for a really long time and I keep promising but I never quite get it done.
- Go out somewhere on a high hill, where it’s pretty and quiet, a gravel road in an area that no one actually lives in… and do the “Let It Go Bouncing Down The Road” spell that I have in my mind but haven’t actually written or posted.
- Get all the memes in my meme folder uploaded to Meme City.
- Post a bunch of stuff to More Cool Pictures and Way Cool Pictures so that I can sift through my collected images more easily since there will be a lot fewer of them.
- Clean out my “cats” folder by posting everything I have collected so far on It’s A CatAstrophe, because that folder is ridiculously full and I’m tired of looking at it.
- Make a really cool … super uber spectacularly cool gift for anyone who happens to actually read this entire list from start to finish.
Ok… so that about sums it up for right now this minute. I’m sure that after I post this I’ll think of even more things that I want to do.
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?