From Start Witchin, we have the 13 goals of the modern witch.
- Figure out what the fuck you believe. (AKA Witch, know thyself).
- Be brave enough to cast spells to get what you want.
- Drink good coffee.
- Use divination (but believe in free will).
- Accept your shadow self.
- DIY like a punk…
- … but don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Align with the Divine (by whatever name you call it).
- Walk your talk openly.
- Embrace the witch archetype.
- Witch how you want (not all witchcraft is the same).
- Keep (and review) a journal.
- Momento Mori (remember you will die) so live life and have fun.
All you need to do to have a magical life with no filler whatsoever so it’ll be really easy to remember. OK?
- Stop hiding
- Seriously. Stop hiding. No more lies. No more secrets. No more being addicted to what people think. (WARNING !! Do not read #3 until after you do this. Even though you and I both know you will. But it won’t do you any good. Oh well. Go ahead. 🙂
- You never aren’t in a magical life. So yea. Now go back and start with #1.
From The Astrarium, here is a great list of books about one of my favorite deities. Hekate has been revered throughout many cultures and many ages and has worked with many different practitioners and worshipers in various guises. One of the best ways to connect with a deity and begin honoring them is to heavily research their history. Below is my best attempt to give devotees and those who are new to this goddess, a wider perspective of Her throughout the ages. The following books range from classical texts & legends, scholarly writings, modern perspectives to coloring books devoted or heavily focused upon Hekate. Discover the Hellenic & Classical Hekate, The Wiccan Hecate, The Chaldean Hekate Soteira, the Luciferian Hecate, the Hecate of Macbeth and more. I hope that this is helpful. Feel a crucial book is missing? Please mention it in the comments below. Feel a crucial book is missing? Please mention it in the comments below.
- The Aeneid – Virgil
- Arcana Mundi: Magic and the Occult in the Greek and Roman Worlds: A Collection of Ancient Texts – Georg Luck
- Bearing Torches: A Devotional Anthology for Hekate – Bibliotheca Alexandrina
- Book of the Witch Moon – Michael W. Ford
- The Chaldean Oracles: Text, Translation and Commentary – Ruth Majercik
- Crossroads: The Path of Hecate – Greg Crowfoot
- Curse Tablets and Binding Spells from the Ancient World – John G. Gager
- The Goddess Hekate – Stephen Ronan
- Hekate: Die dunkle Göttin – Geschichte & Gegenwart (German Edition) – Thomas Lautwein
- Hecatean Magick – B. Morlan
- Hecate: Death, Transition and Spiritual Mastery – Jade Sol Luna
- Hecate II: The Awakening of Hydra – Jade Sol Luna
- Hecate – The Witches’ Goddess – Gary R. Varner
- Hekate Her Sacred Fires: Exploring the Mysteries of the Torchbearing Goddess of the Crossroads – Sorita d’Este
- Hekate in Ancient Greek Religion – Ilmo Robert Von Rudloff
- HEKATE: Keys to the Crossroads – A collection of personal essays, invocations, rituals, recipes and artwork from modern Witches, Priestesses and … Goddess of Witchcraft, Magick and Sorcery. – Sorita D’Este
- Hekate Liminal Rites: A Study of the rituals, magic and symbols of the torch-bearing Triple Goddess of the Crossroads – Sorita d’Este
- Hekate Soteira: A Study of Hekate’s Roles in the Chaldean Oracles and Related Literature – Sarah Iles Johnston
- The Homeric Hymn to Demeter: Translation, Commentary, and Interpretative Essays – Helene P. Foley
- Knowing Hekate: A Spiritual Coloring Experience – Sara Croft
- Lunatik Witchcraft – Shay Skepevski
- Macbeth – William Shakespeare
- Magic, Witchcraft and Ghosts in the Greek and Roman Worlds: A Sourcebook – Daniel Ogden
- Magika Hiera: Ancient Greek Magic and Religion – Christopher A. Faraone
- Mantike: Studies in Ancient Divination – Sarah Iles Johnston
- The Metamorphoses of Ovid – Ovid
- The Orphic Hymns – Orpheus
- A Paean for Hekate – Shani Oates
- Pagan Portals: Hekate: A Devotional – Vivienne Moss
- Protection and Reversal Magick – Jason Miller
- Queen of Hell – Mark Alan Smith
- Restless Dead: Encounters Between the Living and the Dead in Ancient Greece – Sarah Iles Johnston
- The Rotting Goddess: The Origin of the Witch in Classical Antiquity – Jacob Rabinowitz
- The Temple of Hekate – Exploring The Goddess Hekate Through Ritual, Meditation And Divination – Tara Sanchez
- Thracian Magic: Past and Present – Georgi Mishev
- The Voyage of Argo: The Argonautica – Apollonius of Rhodes
I do have some of these… but wowsers… my Amazon wish list just got a lot longer!
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?