just do it
I have discovered the secret to lifelong happiness and peace of mind!! How cool is that? Are you curious to know what it is? It’s quite simple, actually, here’s the step by step tutorial:
- Move in with a nice, easy to please person who already has a lot of money.
- Use their money and go on an extended vacation to a tropical island paradise.
- While you are there, say hello to one of the locals, and next thing you know the two of you will be hanging out together and on the way to becoming very good friends.
- Make an offering at an ancient temple.
- Accumulate good karma by being nice to people.
- When you get home from vacation invite your new friend to come for a visit. The two of you will hit it off and in no time at all you’ll be in love and making plans for marriage.
- Because of your good karma, a mysterious person will leave a magic lamp on your doorstep in the middle of the night.
- When you find the lamp, keep it safe until you are in a really good mood, and then rub the lamp.
- A genie will appear and give you three wishes. Isn’t that nifty?
- Wish for peace of mind. (Save the other two wishes for later).
- You will then be in a permanent state of grace – and lifelong happiness will be yours for the taking.
- Now, marry your friend from the islands, and when that person is in a really good mood, give them the lamp so they can wish for their own peace of mind… and the two of you will live happily ever after!
I know this to be true because I played the Sims all day yesterday and that’s exactly what happened!
Here’s the back story:
I’ve been having this urge to play the Sims – which usually means there’s an important lesson about life that I can learn from it. So I powered up my game and created a person just like me. And of course, right away I realized that she was going to be a real pain in the ass because I couldn’t get her to make friends with anyone. She flat out wasn’t interested in talking to people at all… and spent all of her time making sure her 3 cats didn’t destroy her house. She didn’t have any money, and she couldn’t find a job she liked. It was sounding way too familiar!
So, I decided I’d populate my neighborhood with copies of me and see if I’d even like myself if I happened to meet myself on the street. I love social experiments like this… Anyway… she’d never talk to herself when she walked by – and if I made her stop and chat – she’d spend like… I dunno… 2 seconds saying “hi” and then she was out of there.
It was obvious that she was going to die alone and unhappy.
So I decided to try something different. I made a copy of my person and her 3 cats and then I moved her in with a total stranger, a nice, easy to please stranger with money. They hardly spoke and never became friends but now my person had someone to take care of her animals while she went on vacation – and off to the islands she went. Once there, she wanted to learn some of the local customs – so she said hello to one of the locals and they just hit it off. I had never seen my sim person so animated and interested in talking to anyone ever.
When she got home from vacation, their friendship continued, and somehow she accumulated some good karma and the magic lamp showed up on her doorstep. I have no idea how that happened. I suspect it might have something to do with the offering at the ancient temple… I dunno… but whatever it was, she is now in love and permanently happy.
Ok… yeah I know, life is not a sim game… but I’m just saying… all it takes is enough money for a cool vacation.. an offering at an ancient temple… and who knows…
This is the mega list of stuff I want to finish or do before I die, including practical stuff to make life easier while I do these million things:
Note: These are in no particular order. I just wrote them down as I thought of them, and while I am tempted to organize this list, I have so far managed to resist alphabetizing or categorizing it. Also, some of this stuff will make sense only to me, because… long story.
- Finish the drawings for the 100 things art project.
- Post all the stories, essays, and poetry that I’ve written.
- Upload all my finished art to my Redbubble shop.
- Update all the Cafe Press products.
- Update and finish up all my Cafe Press shops.
- Upload all my favorite patterns and designs to Spoonflower.
- Purchase samples of each of my Spoonflower fabrics and make mojo bags out of them.
- Transfer all the posts from the shirleytwofeathers blogger blog to here on Hey It’s Me.
- Transfer all the Mandala Madness on blogger to the Mandala Madness here on shirleytwofeathers.com.
- Get all the Gypsy Magic stuff off blogger and on to my little Magick and Mystery sites.
- Update the Pagan Calendar for 2021.
- Get all the Reiki class stuff posted on Twofeathers Reiki.
- Get all the dog training class info posted on Teach Your Dog To Behave.
- So… basically… update the whole website with all the old blogger stuff and my collected information.
- Get all the Middle of the Night Art pictures scanned.
- Get all the art class pictures scanned.
- Hook up my scanner.
- Hook up my other PC so I can get the scanner up and running.
- Dig the scanner out of the pile of clutter in my office.
- Dig the PC out of the pile of clutter in my office.
- Declutter the office area.
- Organize the office area so that it’s easy to use.
- Declutter the kitchen.
- Make a cat tower out of the oatmeal boxes I have been saving.
- Declutter the cat room.
- Fix the big tub plumbing issues.
- Get the toilet useable in the other bathroom.
- De-mouse the magick room.
- Make an outside Medicine Wheel.
- Paint Kwan Yin.
- Clean the bird cage.
- Reclaim my bedroom.
- Take the houseplants out of the big tub in the master bathroom.
- Plant shrubs around the Magick Tree.
- Plant ground cover under the Magick Tree.
- Organize the magick room closet.
- Organize the stuff in the magick room dresser.
- Hang the bison skull.
- Declutter the bedroom.
- Level and finish Kwan Yin’s base.
- Put a trellis behind Kwan Yin.
- Enlarge the tire area that encloses the Kwan Yin space.
- Fill the tires with soil and plants.
- Finish out the Kwan Yin tire wall with whatever is needed.
- Make a spot to connect with the Strength Tree.
- Plant bulbs, bushes, and ground cover in Kwan Yin’s area.
- Get planters for Kwan Yin.
- Paint the hangar thingy next to Kwan Yin and hang a candle holder on it.
- So, basically… finish the Kwan Yin area and make it really nice.
- Plant a good ground cover in the Medicine Wheel area.
- Finish the first two layers of the big tire wall.
- Decide what to do with the desk in the old trailer.
- Pull the cabinets out of the old trailer.
- Get all the stuff I want to keep out of the old shed and turn the rest over to the scrappers.
- Clean up the area around the old trailer.
- Do something cool with the cymbals from the old drum set.
- Add the second two layers to the big tire wall.
- Finish the tire wall and make it look not terrible.
- Clean up the pile of bottles and trash in the driveway.
- Rearrange the living room.
- Repaint the living room.
- Replace the living room carpet.
- Replace the hallway carpet.
- Fix the front door so that it doesn’t leak during a rain storm.
- Paint the hallway.
- Organize the books in the bookshelves in the hallway.
- Declutter the closet.
- Finish the Gospel Missionary Message site.
- Get all the old reel to reel tapes transferred to CD’s.
- Repaint the kitchen.
- Redo the kitchen floor.
- Organize the storage unit.
- Wash the fucking windows for crying out loud!!
- Get the roof repaired.
- Fix the fucking siding!
- Enlarge the fenced part of the yard.
- Get a new gate.
- Replace the front stairs.
- I need a better bed at some point.
- Finish the Book of Demons.
- Add my kids to the property title.
- Add my daughter to my bank account.
- Put all my sims stuff on it’s own external hard drive.
- Move all the old prosperity projects to the Prosperity Project here on shirleytwofeathers.com.
- Finish the Jim Morrison Doors Divination cards.
- Finish that silly game I made up so that we can play it again.
- Paint the front door.
- Do a major mouse eradication event.
- Thoroughly clean the old van, inside and out.
- Put signs up on the gates.
- Get some good locks for both gates.
- Get my car painted where the paint has chipped off.
- Finish the fun faces art project.
- Knit the scarves I started working on last year and have them done before Christmas.
- Clean out the old dog runs and turn it into a cool space for picnics and outdoor art.
- Get the old woodstove moved into the picnic/art space.
- Clean up the back yard of the old trailer.
- Clean out the other shed and turn it over to the scrappers.
- Get the old trailer scrapped and gone.
- Fix the fence around the old trailer area.
- Turn the old trailer area into a nice place for family picnics, camping, outdoor art, and other fun stuff.
- Make a list of all my passwords and put it in a safe place just in case my daughter needs them.
- Comb my hair – this pretty much needs to be done every day. LOL.
- Organize my DVD collection and get rid of all the ones I don’t want.
- Inventory all the cool stuff in my magick room so that when I am gone it will make sense to whoever has to go through it all.
- Clean the heat ducts – no matter what time of year it is, winter is coming.
- Clean the furnace filters – this pretty much needs to be done before, during, and after winter.
- Finish the floor in the little bathroom.
- Repaint the little bathroom.
- Replace the wax ring on the toilet in the little bathroom.
- Fix the faucets in the little bathroom so that water comes out of them properly.
- Basically… make that little bathroom look really nice.
- Do something cool with the old Ecuador stuff so it can be enjoyed instead of just being in a box.
- Organize a more permanent art space for drawing and painting with acrylics and inks.
- Clean out the medicine cabinet because the next time I am sick I don’t want to be rooting around in the middle of the night feeling like shit warmed over and not being able to find anything I’m looking for.
- Clean out the refrigerator, because… gross!!
- Pull the old drum set out of the shed, clean up the drums and figure out where to put them.
- Declutter the art room …. again!
- Gather up all my important papers and put them someplace safe and easy to get to just in case.
- Organize all my miscellaneous paperwork – which means throw away every piece of paper that is redundant or unnecessary and put the rest into accessible neatly labeled folders.
- It would be really nice to have my furniture recovered or replaced so it doesn’t look like crap.
- Clean the litter box… basically this needs to be done like… every day!
- Totally clean out my email which is seriously ridiculous with thousands of saved and/or unread emails.
Another note: For now, this is the list. If I ever actually manage to get anything on it done, I will come back and mark it as completed. Alternatively, the list will probably grow as time goes by.
He said, “So you want science? For most people, Copernicus is not yet born. I tell you, you want to learn science? Then every morning you wake and think:
The sun is a great mass of white light, and in the sun’s light a dozen small particles of substance spin around. You live in a small bit of sun-substance and you spin around the sun. Now feel it.
I said to him, “Teach me about Einstein.”
He said, “Every time in the day you come to yourself, think where you are – imagine the earth and the planets and you on a planet spinning around. When you wake in the dark at night, think how your half of the earth is turned away from the sun and how the slopes of the Hindu Kush are just coming into the light.
He said, “Think how in the dark sea, the fishes sink to the depths of the sea, and as the light comes, they rise to the surface of the light. Think of the birds moving all over the earth, backwards and forwards, summer and winter. That’s science.
He said, “Think of the trees breathing in at night, out at day. Feel it. Feel the earth turning under you and the planets moving around together.”
When you feel this, feel it with every bit of you, so that every minute this is how you feel life, then come to me and we will talk about Einstein.”
― Doris Lessing
Things you can say in response to literally anything, when you have nothing else to say:
- As the prophecy foretold.
- But at what cost?
- So let it be written; so let it be done.
- So… it has come to this.
- That’s just what he/she/they would’ve said.
- Is this why fate brought us together?
- And thus, I die.
- …just like in my dream…
- Be that as it may, still may it be as it may be.
- There is no escape from destiny.
- Wise words by wise men write wise deeds in wise pen.
- In THIS economy?
- … and then the wolves came.
I love these… now if I can only remember to use them!
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?