Monthly Archives: December 2018
So I just watched one of the best vampire movies I’ve seen in a long time. It’s called “A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night” and wow! It wasn’t scary, or even very bloody, but it was strange and moody, very intelligent and definitely something I will watch again and again. Loved the ending!
The official trailer doesn’t do it justice. Here’s a scene from the movie that will give you a good idea of what you are in for when you watch it:
I found the movie mesmerizing and now, I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s one of those great experiences that sticks to your mind, and now the world around you is just a tiny bit changed. Anyway… I can’t say enough about it. So, buy a copy, or find it online somewhere and watch it!
Oh, and there’s also a comic book. It’s a prequel to the movie, and looks pretty cool. Here’s a review:
When I see a title of a comic called A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night it screams bad things are going to happen here! to me. What I wasn’t expecting was a comic that reads like Sin City mixed with Batman and a dose of the supernatural. A lady vigilante prowls the night with internal monologues and a thirst for the living. It is drawn with white lines on black background giving it a very stylistic look. It isn’t the deepest comic around but it is an engaging comic with some genuine build-up and twist moments. –Comic Reviews at IGN
Those of you who are placing Christmas lights / decorations in your yards, can you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together? Every time I come around the corner, I think it’s the police and I have a panic attack. I have to brake hard, toss my vodka, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, and push the gun under the seat. All while trying to put my clothes back on. It’s just too much drama, even for Christmas. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
From Start Witchin, we have the 13 goals of the modern witch.
- Figure out what the fuck you believe. (AKA Witch, know thyself).
- Be brave enough to cast spells to get what you want.
- Drink good coffee.
- Use divination (but believe in free will).
- Accept your shadow self.
- DIY like a punk…
- … but don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Align with the Divine (by whatever name you call it).
- Walk your talk openly.
- Embrace the witch archetype.
- Witch how you want (not all witchcraft is the same).
- Keep (and review) a journal.
- Momento Mori (remember you will die) so live life and have fun.
All you need to do to have a magical life with no filler whatsoever so it’ll be really easy to remember. OK?
- Stop hiding
- Seriously. Stop hiding. No more lies. No more secrets. No more being addicted to what people think. (WARNING !! Do not read #3 until after you do this. Even though you and I both know you will. But it won’t do you any good. Oh well. Go ahead. 🙂
- You never aren’t in a magical life. So yea. Now go back and start with #1.
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?