quizzes and questionaires
I have a gagillion questions for God. It’s quite a list.
- What is my purpose in life?
- Am I doing what I’m supposed to be doing?
- Am I supposed to be doing anything in particular?
- Is the concept of “supposed to be” even a valid one?
- Do you love me?
- Am I acceptable?
- Am I a miserable failure?
- Who are you anyway?
- Why am I here?
- What do you want from me?
- How do you expect me to know what you want if you don’t tell me anything in plain English?
- Do you speak English?
- Who am I really?
- Why am I having so much trouble doing and/or being … (insert long list here) … ?
- Can I please have a bunch of money so I can get out of debt?
- I would very much like for you to call me up on the phone every day so we can have a nice long talk, would you please do that for me?
- How can I make sure that the answer to the previous question is “yes”?
- You could give me a big red phone. It could say “hot line to God” on it. Everyday it could ring, and I would answer it. We could be friends, you could help me with stuff, wouldn’t that be fun?
- Maybe I could even help you with stuff, don’t you think that would be fun?
- Of course, you probably never need help… (insert big sigh of relief on my part), that’s true, isn’t it? You’re the Master of the Universe, you don’t need any help with anything, do you?
- Especially not from me, right?
- Maybe you don’t even know who I am. Do you know me? Have we met before?
- What is actually true?
- Are you reading this list of questions right now?
- Do you think maybe you might answer one of them today?
- What if I said “please”?
This was first posted back in 2008 on my old blog. Here’s what I had to say then:
I’m not sure where this came from, but it was sitting in my “drafts” folder, and since I had posted about numerology yesterday, or was it the day before? it seemed appropriate to add this to that mix. Interesting how the interpretation is different, and yet it could be said to “fit” me rather well.
- You have strong relationships and are intensely loyal.
- People find you easy to love and care for.
- You like your world to be stable and secure, no surprises.
- You’re cautious. You prefer your inner circle to the outside world.
- At Your Best: You are courageous, a positive thinker, and expressive. You can take on the world.
- At Your Worst: You are secretly insecure – which makes you sarcastic, cold, and argumentative.
- Your Fixation: Doubt
- Your Primary Fear: Abandonment
- Your Primary Desire: Security and support
Other Number 6’s:
Mel Gibson, Woody Allen, Jay Leno, Marilyn Monroe, and Julia Roberts.
I took the test again today, and it was different – and still fairly accurate. The two of them together might add up to me. Here it is:
- You’re independent – and a logical analytical thinker.
- You love learning and ideas… and know things no one else does.
- Bored by small talk, you refuse to participate in boring conversations.
- You are open minded. A visionary.
- You understand the world and may change it.
- At Your Best: You are sharp, inventive, and creative. You have the skills to lead the world.
- At Your Worst: You are reclusive, weird, and a bit paranoid.
- Your Fixation: Greed
- Your Primary Fear: Being useless or incompetent
- Your Primary Desire: Being competent and needed
Other Number 5’s:
Bill Gates, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Bjork, and Stephen Hawking.
This was posted on my old blogger blog on Monday, December 21, 2009. It’s pretty funny, and relevant to something else I’m going to post, so I’m sharing it here. The “ask a fictional character widgets” mentioned are no longer viable… I wish they were. Looks like I might have to make some of my own. But that’s for another time. Anyway, here it is:
In case you weren’t paying attention, I posted a whole bunch of silly widgets and other stuff on facebook, Gypsy Magic, and yes… here too. Suddenly it occurred to me that maybe I was just fooling around and maybe I should get busy and go Christmas Shopping. But I didn’t want to stop, I thought maybe… who knows… what I’ve been posting might actually have some value.
So I asked Tony Soprano if anyone was even going to read a single one of my facebook posts today and he had this to say:
I doubt it. — You don’t shit where you eat. And you really don’t shit where I eat.
Hmmmm… have I been posting shit on facebook all morning? I decided that maybe I should ask Buffy if Tony Soprano was right. Here’s what she said:
Yes, without a doubt. — If I was any more open-minded about the choices you two make, my whole brain would fall out.
When I quit laughing so hard that I spit coffee out my nose, it occurred to me to ask Tony Montana what he thought about the whole thing and he said this:
It’s hard to say. — I got ears, ya’ know. I hear things.
LOL… too funny!!! I love these widgets!! Those question mark chairs are cool too!
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?