Hey guys, check out this really nifty virtual reality video. Very cool! I have been reading some of his interviews, and am planning to try his ideas on meditation, and also am going to work on out of body experiences and lucid dreaming. So… these are my “dreams before dawn.”
Loved this so much… and the comments !!! So fun. I’ve also included them. Now I have to find more music by this band.
- big deal i found jesus on a grilled cheese
- A song called “Found God in a tomato” can’t possibly be bad
- Came because of the title… stayed for the talent.
- i lost shiva in a creme brûlée’
- you know it’s good when the album art starts breathing
- I found a bell pepper inside a bell pepper once. A green one inside a yellow one.
- The title is intriguing, the song is amazing, the comment section is a bonus 😂
- this is fuckin cool youtube recommendations are good sometimes
- The title was all the clickbait I needed, My earholes are happy.
- I found my mom in Wal-Mart. She has dementia so she wanders off.
- The Tomato was Made into a BLT for your Sins
- I had to click. The title is just too interesting.
- Big woop I found Zeus in an avocado
- I love how youtube recommended this after I had watched a bunch of gardening vids 😂 I might have to play this for my tomato plants this summer. Its a groovy tune 👽🌈🍅
- In Croatian, “Heaven” is called “Raj” and “tomato” is called “RAJčica”. Coincidence? I think not.
- I found my genitals in the mailbox…
- I looked at my booty hole in the mirror today.
- This song is legendary. If I ever become an art teacher I’ll play this while my class is working.
- And then he said, “Ketchup!”
- I don t even know which one is better; the name of the song or the name of the band
- I found god in a bong
- Call any vegetable and the chances are good the vegetable will respond to you.
- OK This is epic.
- I think I saw the word poop in my alphabet soup once.
- I play guitar… I try to play shit like this… psychedelic punk type shit… I must be honest with myself and admit I’m very envious of these riffs… and that intro progression… fire!
- in my delirium, i click, curious. I leave with a mind full of sooth and a heart of psychedelic porn crumpets, and sun roasted tomatoes, stuffed with God. Jam on…!
- I found Mohammed in a Mojito. Quit braggin’.
- Oh yea, I’m definitely tripping to this.
- I found Buddha in my mirror, Wait.. that’s just me
- I saw Jesus praying through a chemtrail. Lost my water all over an apalooza flank. Found my breath in an upper throat of a skeleton. I thought everything through as I made it up. I made everything true as I thought it up.
- I found Jah in a bucket of day-old Coleslaw
- I quit my job today it felt so good
- Once in a while, the youtube algorithm REALLY pays off.
- Had me at Crumpets
- I found the devil in a hit of angel dust
- Great song , pure luck helped finding it
- I’m here because of the name of the band, and the title of the song. Now, I’m here with shivers, being breathless and amazed. I love it.
Here are the lyrics:
I’m barely operating
Yet a functional being
I always seemed to be vacant
parading myself as an abductee
Then one day I was transposed
from a simple young man
to a godly tomato that held all existence
and told me that we should expand
and now the world always seems to revolve
I’ll wake up and I will always be fine
now I know
Everything will always will be easy
and the way I like
I’m grateful that I held that tomato
So he could change my life
Cause i’m different
At least I thought so.
What a triumphant occasion
to change your design
that one has left my head on a pillow on my cloud nine
I wonder how many more fruits
can connect to my head
I would take a papaya
travel the world and the universe as two best friends
and the world will always revolve
Now we’re different
Time, I’m coming back with.
I found this today on YouTube… actually, stumbled into it by accident. I am not entirely sure why YouTube thought I might like this, because it’s not the kind of music I would ordinarily search for. But there is something about it that really appeals to me tonight. My little bird really loves it! Anyway. Here it is, enjoy!
Murder Ballads & Other Love Songs (2012)
00:00 01. Intro
01:22 02. Anyone Can Tell
06:39 03. Copper & Gold
09:53 04. Into The Earth
13:28 05. Pale Rider
17:09 06. Thirty Year Night
21:03 07. Cold Winter Skies
24:24 08. Hell Awaits
28:20 09. Heavy Heart Of Mine
32:07 10. Mexican Valley
36:50 11. In Darkness He Came
So, I somehow ended up on YouTube and stumbled onto this. Probably because I had done a couple of searches for Sun Gods and Solar Deities on Google. Anyway, I’m really enjoying it, so I thought I’d share it here. And next time I’m on Amazon, I’ll be looking for the CD.
Valley of the Sun – Old Gods (2019) (New Full Album)
Since their 2010 inception, Ohio trio Valley Of The Sun has been lauded in the same breath as Grunge legends Alice In Chains and Soundgarden, while not yet achieving that level of iconic status.
New album Old Gods (Fuzzorama Records) sees the band maturing, with a gentle psychedelia gracing those heady grooves. Three years on from the brilliant “Volume Rock” record, VOTS are back, striding back into the limelight from the shadows of Cincinnati, with an album that is ostensibly a 45 minute study in the power of the riff.
But once you’ve listened to it a few times, it reveals itself to be so much more. The introductory chords of the opening title track have a Desert-flavoured twang but when Aaron Boyer‘s drums thunder in from the horizon it’s with a monumental power. The riff buzzes around Ryan Ferrier‘s Cornell-esque holler like a jar of angry flies but a Stoner weight keeps the pace slow and steady.
That tempo increases with the ensuing ‘All We Are’, full of the relaxed vocal delivery of The Dandy Warhols but with a ripping, latent urgency seen in early Queens Of The Stone Age material, its lead riff humming in the sky. In another subtle change of style, ‘Gaia Creates’ is an acoustically-driven gambol through summer fields, an Eastern-tinged riff oscillating gently over the bedrock.
This is the whimsical precursor to the Rock ‘n’ Roll fury of ‘Dim Vision’, all the growling power of Corrosion Of Conformity harnessed and fed through a pulverising, irresistible groove. This is followed by the brief tribal percussion of ‘Shiva Destroys’, the rhythm getting louder and heightening the tension suitably for the next Bluesy ripper, ‘Firewalker”: a pulsing ball of energy with galloping riffs and solos piercing the heavens.
The mix of the quick-hitters and slow-burners is an enlivening quality here. The echoing glides of ‘Into The Abyss’ see layered, Low-end chords bewitch the listener while a strange, warbling scratch completes the hypnosis. Its second movement is all burning, profound riffs and Ferrier’s easy harmonies, and perfectly embodies the slow descent to the bottom of the ocean, the growing mass replicating the weight of the water.
The snappier ‘Faith Is For Suckers’ follows, still ploughing a lazy furrow but adopting a Jazzy, Cantrell-infused rhythm to move the pace along. This triumvirate ends with the warm, cosmic jangle of ‘Buddha Transcends’, the final beautiful interlude of the album. The penultimate ‘Means The same’ is a brooding yet pulsating rocker, those lead and rhythm riffs combining again to sparkling effect: while closer ‘Dreams Of Sands’ returns to that slow, melodic trammel, the medium pace, and easy croon kicked into life by a crushing yet versatile riff and monolithic drums.
It would be so easy for Old Gods to drop into tedium but it is this versatility, coupled with scarcely-reined energy, that sees Valley Of The Sun stand out from so many contemporaries, and they’ve provided another seriously enjoyable listen here.
Review by Paul Quinn
- My Favorite Treebeard Quotes Merry: It's been going for hours. Pippin: They mus...
- Ask The Plumber Dude Welcome to my Ask The Plumber page. He is ready and...
- My Life In A Nutshell The following photo essay pretty much sums it up...
- Curious Facts about Roadrunners Roadrunners are quick enough to catch and eat rat...
- The Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition The Ferengi believe that the universe is held togethe...
- The Council of Elrond? Ok... so I have about 10 posts in my head... bangin...
- When Life Gives You Lemons When life gives you lemons... Cut those bitches up...
- Here’s a fun game! Here's a game: Grab the book nearest you. Right now...
- All About Treebeard Treebeard (Sindarin: Fangorn) is a fictional charac...
- Elvis Wants The Mower! I thought this pic was a fake until I saw the rest...
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?