I was rooting around in my saved files, looking for an idea of what I wanted to post about on the website today, and I found a really interesting post about Osho from years ago. Then I went to my old blogger blog and looked up the Osho posts… and there were a lot of them. But because I hadn’t visited the Osho website for a long time, I thought I might go see if it’s still there…. and it is!
I pulled an Osho Zen Tarot Card for today. It said to share, so here I am sharing:
Most of the cards in this suit of the mind are either cartoon-like or troubled, because the influence of the mind in our lives is generally either ridiculous or oppressive. But this card of Consciousness shows a vast Buddha figure. He is so expansive he has gone even beyond the stars, and above his head is pure emptiness. He represents the consciousness that is available to all who become a master of the mind and can use it as the servant it is meant to be.
When you choose this card, it means that there is a crystal clarity available right now, detached, rooted in the deep stillness that lies at the core of your being. There is no desire to understand from the perspective of the mind–the understanding you have now is existential, whole, in harmony with the pulse of life itself. Accept this great gift, and share it.
He goes on to say:
We come from the unknown and we go on moving into the unknown. We will come again; we have been here thousands of times, and we will be here thousands of times. Our essential being is immortal but our body, our embodiment, is mortal.
Our frame in which we are, our houses, the body, the mind, they are made of material things. They will get tired, they will get old, they will die. But your consciousness, for which Bodhidharma uses the word ‘no-mind’–Gautam Buddha has also used the word ‘no-mind’–is something beyond body and mind, something beyond everything; that no-mind is eternal. It comes into expression, and goes again into the unknown.
This movement from the unknown to the known, and from the known to the unknown, continues for eternity, unless somebody becomes enlightened. Then that is his last life; then this flower will not come back again. This flower that has become aware of itself need not come back to life because life is nothing but a school in which to learn. He has learned the lesson, he is now beyond delusions. He will move from the known for the first time not into the unknown, but into the unknowable.
So, my grandiose scheme for an awesome website is gradually coming true. Only problem is that it’s not free. Not only that – it just got even more expensive due to bandwidth issues. So, maybe at some point I’ll try a “Go Fund Me” to pay for the web hosting.
Right now, though, I’m working on a new shop at Red Bubble. They pay better than Cafe Press, and if I can just make enough sales, it would really help to pay for this awesome and amazingly ambitious website. I think the stuff I have made so far is pretty freaking cool…
So if you’d like to support my endeavors, just visit my new RedBubble shop: Magick Mama, and even if you don’t buy anything, at least you can like or share the designs that you think are cool. The more visitors I have, and the more likes I have, the easier it is for people to find my designs – and then, theoretically, stuff will sell and money will pile up in my paypal account!
This post was first published back in 2007, but since I just finished getting the By The Numbers site ready for the website, I thought it might be fun to revisit some of my old posts on numerology. Here it is:
I was fiddling around today, following links, looking for cool mandala art and over the top pictures for more cool pictures… when I stumbled into this little place on the world wide web.
Here are the results for my first name: Shirley
- Although the name Shirley creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a superior, interfering expression whose favorite expression is “I know.”
- This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus, worry, and mental tension.
- As Shirley you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges.
- Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony.
- As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks.
- Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things.
- You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.
- You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.
- Your full name creates the overall conditions in your life as well as your destiny. It is a very important factor.
Click here for a report on the impact your first and last names combined have on your life. You will be amazed at the accuracy of this report!
Wasn’t that fun and interesting? Amazingly accurate too. Why don’t you try it? Let me know if it’s accurate for you?
The enigmatic wisdom of Deepak Chopra
by Tom Williamson of skepticcanary.com
It has been said by some that the thoughts and tweets of Deepak Chopra are indistinguishable from a set of profound sounding words put together in a random order, particularly the tweets tagged with “#cosmisconciousness”. This site aims to test that claim! Each “quote” is generated from a list of words that can be found in Deepak Chopra’s Twitter stream randomly stuck together in a sentence.
Here are some samples:
- Existence results from reckless excellence.
- Love differentiates into an abundance of force fields.
- Kittens are birds.
- The physical world quiets essential possibilities.
Go check it out for yourself. Here’s the link: Wisdom Of Chopra
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?