This post was first published back in 2007, but since I just finished getting the By The Numbers site ready for the website, I thought it might be fun to revisit some of my old posts on numerology. Here it is:
I was fiddling around today, following links, looking for cool mandala art and over the top pictures for more cool pictures… when I stumbled into this little place on the world wide web.
Here are the results for my first name: Shirley
- Although the name Shirley creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a superior, interfering expression whose favorite expression is “I know.”
- This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus, worry, and mental tension.
- As Shirley you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges.
- Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony.
- As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks.
- Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things.
- You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.
- You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.
- Your full name creates the overall conditions in your life as well as your destiny. It is a very important factor.
Click here for a report on the impact your first and last names combined have on your life. You will be amazed at the accuracy of this report!
Wasn’t that fun and interesting? Amazingly accurate too. Why don’t you try it? Let me know if it’s accurate for you?
The enigmatic wisdom of Deepak Chopra
by Tom Williamson of skepticcanary.com
It has been said by some that the thoughts and tweets of Deepak Chopra are indistinguishable from a set of profound sounding words put together in a random order, particularly the tweets tagged with “#cosmisconciousness”. This site aims to test that claim! Each “quote” is generated from a list of words that can be found in Deepak Chopra’s Twitter stream randomly stuck together in a sentence.
Here are some samples:
- Existence results from reckless excellence.
- Love differentiates into an abundance of force fields.
- Kittens are birds.
- The physical world quiets essential possibilities.
Go check it out for yourself. Here’s the link: Wisdom Of Chopra
Guess what I found – a New Age Bullshit Generator!
Here’s the intro:
Namaste. Do you want to sell a New Age product and/or service? Tired of coming up with meaningless copy for your starry-eyed customers? Want to join the ranks of bestselling self-help authors? We can help.
Just click and the truth will manifest. Click the Reionize electrons button at the top of the page to generate a full page of New Age poppycock.
Here are some samples:
- Sharing is the richness of manna, and of us.
- Consciousness consists of pulses of quantum energy. “Quantum” means an evolving of the sublime. Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is spacetime.
- This life is nothing short of an invocation reimagining of unrestricted power.
- The complexity of the present time seems to demand an awakening of our auras if we are going to survive. We can no longer afford to live with illusion. Where there is greed, complexity cannot thrive.
Fun, huh? Here’s some more:
Our conversations with other beings have led to an evolving of ultra-consciousness-expanding consciousness. Reality has always been electrified with dreamweavers whose chakras are immersed in empathy. Humankind has nothing to lose.
- Yes, it is possible to disrupt the things that can eradicate us, but not without energy on our side. Only a prophet of the stratosphere may generate this rekindling of inspiration. Ego is the antithesis of inspiration.
- We are in the midst of an interstellar maturing of potential that will align us with the stratosphere itself.
- You may be ruled by discontinuity without realizing it. Do not let it disrupt the nature of your quest. You must take a stand against illusion. Desire is born in the gap where ecstasy has been excluded.
Who are we? Where on the great circuit will we be re-energized? We are at a crossroads of nature and delusion. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the infinite via transmissions.
Go check it out for yourself,
I asked the I Ching Oracle:
What simple thing could I actually do today to make this a really good day for me? Here’s the answer I got:
(present) 30. Li – Brightness, Clinging
Fire can be dangerously explosive if over-fueled, or die quickly if underfed. Healthy and under control, it indicates good fortune.
(future) 36. Meng I – Darkening Force
Keep your inner light burning in order to prevail. Patiently await the sunrise.
OK so, what does this mean? I’m going to have to get out my own copy of the I Ching and read more in depth. I’m thinking it means stay balanced and stay calm. And I’m wondering if it’s really true that I could actually do that.
I remember a time in my life, fresh out of high school and living on my own, when I would throw the I Ching every single day and then record the questions and the results. I did this for about a year… maybe longer. It was my daily meditation, my prayer, and my guidance. I used to get the hexagram “The Abysmal” all the time… Later, when my marriage was going bad I got back into it again and had a long rash of getting “Work on That Which Has Been Spoiled” … I got it so often I almost knew the text by heart. Even now, when I look at that old trailer and walk past the burn pile, it comes into my mind….
So, I just got out my book and here is what it says about the first line:
It is early morning and work begins. The mind has been closed to the outside world in sleep; now its connections with the world begin again. The traces of one’s impressions run crisscross. Activity and haste prevail. It is important then to preserve inner composure and not allow oneself to be swept along by the bustle of life. If one is serious and composed, he can acquire the clarity of mind needed for coming to terms with the innumerable impressions that pour in. It is precisely at the beginning that serious concentration is important, because the beginning holds the seed of all that is to follow.
What does the Oracle hold for you?