- Roadrunners are quick enough to catch and eat rattlesnakes.
- Roadrunners prefer walking or running and attain speeds up to 17 miles per hour.
- The Roadrunner is also called the Chaparral Cock.
- The Roadrunner reabsorbs water from its feces before excretion.
- The Roadrunner’s nasal gland eliminates excess salt, instead of using the urinary tract like most birds.
- The Roadrunner is the state bird of New Mexico.
- Weight: 8-24 oz.
- Length: 20-24 inches
- Height: 10-12″
- Sexual Maturity: 2-3 yrs.
- Mating Season: Spring
- Incubation: 18-20 days
- No. of Eggs: 2-12
- Birth Interval: 1 year
- Lifespan: 7 to 8 years
- Typical diet: insects, lizards, snakes
source: The Roadrunner (DesertUSA)
Leave a Reply
- The Right Time For Everything by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Thinking About Osho by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Too Much Thinking Can Rot Your Brain! by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Osho on Being Authentic by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- There are moments… by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
Have problems? Need something fixed? Don’t know what to do? Ask any how-to question, and get an immediate answer from The Plumber Dude. How cool is that?