Monthly Archives: August 2020
Here is an overview of our Five Simple Things project. This post provides links to pertinent aspects of this project, so that you won’t have to sift through the archives to find out what you want to know.
If you would like to try this project for yourself, you can start on Day One: Let’s Get Started, and then continue on thru to the last day: A Look Back, posting your thoughts, ideas, results, joys and disappointments as you go. This is an active blog, and if you post, we will notice and reply… and give you the benefit of our own experience and our support if it seems pertinent or appropriate.
There is a post for feedback on this project, which can be found here: A Look Back. This is usually an active blog, and if you post, we will notice and reply… and give you the benefit of our own experience and our support if it seems pertinent or appropriate.
This project spawned two image galleries.
- Five Simple Things Gallery – Each image is linked to the post in which it was shared.
- More Five Things – A comprehensive list of all the other Five Things one might do.
Here is complete listing of the daily posts for the Five Simple Things project:
- 1. Let’s Get Started
- 2. Day Two and Something New
- 3. Coming Clean
- 4. Simple Thing #3
- 5. Unlocking Opportunities
- 6. Letting Go
- 7. Magical Thinking
- 8. So Far So Good
- 9. Adding To Our Five Things
- 10. Hitting A Wall
- 11. Changing Things Around
- 12. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
- 13. Cleaning Up
- 14. Being Productive
- 15. Heading Out
- 16. Asleep On The Job
- 17. Something To Think About
- 18. Morning Rituals
- 19. More Five Things
- 20. Easy As Pie
- 21. Shouting Merci!
- 22. Scintillating Resplendent and Brilliant
- 23. Dynamic Imaginings
- 24. Confusingly Convoluted Simplicity
- 25. Unplug and Unwind
- 26. What If?
- 27. Five Simple Questions
- 28. Words Of Power
- 29. Acts of Intention
- 30. A Look Back
I also just want to say thank you to everyone who participated. This was one of my favorite projects, and I would never have followed through with it if it wasn’t for those of you who read my posts, and worked the project along with me. So… Thank you! Merci! Gracias!
When we come to the end of a project, I always like to include a gallery of all the images I used to illustrate or decorate each post. Sometimes, pictures really do speak louder than words. Each of these images is linked to the post in which it was shared, so this is also an easy way to navigate this particular project. Also, they are loaded in random order, because I think its more interesting.
Because I made so many stickers this time around, I have given them their own separate gallery. Here they are, feel free to download and share:
That’s a lot of stickers!
I know, right? I had way too much fun making them. Obviously! We also have a photo gallery of a bunch of other lists of five things, which can be found here: More Five Things. It’s pretty cool as well. Lots of good stuff there.
Go! Explore! Enjoy!
Sadly, it looks like our Five Simple Things project is coming to the end of our 30 days. Now it’s time to take a look back and make note of what happened as we worked the project. Here are a few questions to get the ball rolling:
- Did you enjoy this project?
- What was your favorite part?
- Do you think you will continue with one or more of the five simple things?
- Has your life changed in any way in the last 30 days?
- Any insights or comments you’d like to share?
Your comments are deeply appreciated, and might be really helpful for anyone who happens to stumble into this small room on the world wide web. So, please, don’t be shy… You don’t need to put your email into the comment boxes. You don’t even have to give your name. I purposely made it super easy to put your two cents in. So, come on guys, set the comments section on fire.
So, yesterday’s words of power, brought me to today’s Acts of Intention because as I was going through my day being powerful and commanding I realized that each of my words of power were followed up with decisive action. When I got into my car and commanded it to take me to the grocery store, I wasn’t magickally transported to the store…. No. It required multiple words of power and acts of intention. I turned the key and said, “Engine On.” I pulled out of the driveway and said, “And Now I Ride.”
But what if I had done what I so often do when I want my life to go in a particular direction? What if I had hesitated in front of my car and conjured up all kind of doubts and angst? I might have said stuff like:
- What if the car door won’t open?
- What will I do if my car won’t start?
- The tires are probably flat, are they flat? Probably.
- Who would I call if the car won’t start?
- And what could they do?
- Would anyone even care?
- Is help for one such as me even available?
- And supposing the car does start, what then?
- Do I have enough gas to go anywhere?
- What if I don’t have enough gas?
- What if I run out of gas?
- Then what?
- I call someone?
- But what if I run out of gas somewhere and my phone is dead?
- What if my phone isn’t dead but there’s no signal?
- What if a serial killer stops to “help” me?
- And supposing I do have enough gas, what if my car breaks down?
- What if I have a flat tire?
- What if I get lost?
- Do I even know the way to the store?
- And when I get there, assuming I don’t get lost, then what?
- What if someone in the store throws a fit about masks and starts throwing things around?
- What if they throw things at me?
- What if I throw things back at them?
- And the cops come?
- Then what?
- Will someone get shot?
- Will I end up in jail?
I could go on and on and on with this… And it’s fun, but it’s also ridiculous. I expect my car will start, and I expect that I can go to the store, and I expect that it will all work out fine. Why? Because it usually does. And those rare times when it all goes south, I have somehow managed to muddle through.
So, the moral of the story is. Words of power, followed by decisive acts of intention… that’s real magick. That’s how we get through life. That’s how we follow through on our Five Simple Things. That’s how we don’t get mired down in doubt and angst and ridiculousness.
This morning I was thinking about our project. We are experimenting with using every day tasks in slightly different ways with the intention of creating positive change for ourselves. And it occurred to me that our words and actions have more power when we believe them to be true. So I thought… OK… what if every ordinary thing I did could be used to enhance my belief in my words and actions? What would that look like?
And VOILA! I had a brilliant idea.
What if, when I turned on a light switch, I said “Let there be light!” and when the light came on, I said, “And there was light!” What if, when I turned on a faucet, I said “Water come forth!” And Boom! Water comes forth! What if when I poured my coffee, I said, “My cup is filled.”
So this morning, I went around my house engaging in words and acts of power. It was quite illuminating, interesting, and I have to say, it really feels good! I command words on the page to appear and look! Here they are! So fun! You should try it!
- santos resendez: 06b5443bb01ef97618c7a7fcc5a32a46
- Natalie: 4f25d625272324c9da772f60a5bedda7–zebra-painting-zebra-drawing
- : b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- victoria maddock: b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- shelly: 64e142b25eec62d498cc1a991eb657aa
- Lets Burn Some Bay Leaves Bay leaves are a common staple on most people's her...
- Make Your Own Violet Fire It occurred to me how much fun it might be to make...
- How To Call Your Energy Back We learned today, that it is important to Reclaim Your...
- Feng Shui In The Bathroom I found this great little article about How A Bathr...
- A Nice Violet Flame Meditation From the Daily Om, here is a very simple and very nice...
- The 108 Names of Surya The oldest surviving Vedic hymns mention Sūrya with...
- Newton’s Second Law Newton’s second law–When a force acts on an object, the...
- Money Chant – Very Fast This is a very fast version of the Money Formula Ch...
- About the Didgeridoo The didgeridoo is probably the world's oldest music...
- The Ganesh Oracle Look what I found! Whispers of Lord Ganesha oracle...
- Dining Room Feng Shui A feng shui dining room is one that arouses hunger...
- I Invoke and Dream Awake This is the Spirit Rap that first caught my attenti...
- Why The Violet Flame? In the process of expanding the Inspiration and Ins...
- Good Morning! Good Morning- If you want to be happy , be! ~Leo Tol...
- Our Current Project We have just wrapped up our Five Simple Things proj...
- Luxuriously Delicious Ideas For The Bath In yesterday's post, we learned that Flower cleansing b...
- Morning Coffee Magick Did you know that coffee has magickal properties? Accor...
- Working With The Violet Flame I found this simple explanation on working with the...
- Losing Focus? Maybe these inspirational and motivational quotes will...
- Living Room Feng Shui Living rooms have always been an integral and impor...