Continuing with my rephrasing of our Five Simple Things, today we have #4, which was really hard to totally and completely change. In the process of rewriting it, I came up with a wonderfully, confusing and convoluted, long and involved rendering of : “Every time you use keys, visualize they are unlocking opportunities to get you closer to your dreams.”
Here’s what I came up with:
From this moment on,
When making use of a tool for easy access,
Picture in your mind’s eye
That you have just released and expanded
To draw ever nearer to infinite possibilities
For health, happiness, prosperity,
Or what ever it is you wish to achieve.
Sometimes simple is just better… well, actually, simple usually is better, and the simplest way to say this is:
“When unlocking something, imagine you are unlocking your dreams.”
So, that was somewhat enlightening. I like the long, convoluted, complicated phrasing that really gets my mind running all over the place. But I think that’s because having my mind running all over the place is familiar and comfortable. It’s my preferred mode of avoiding difficult feelings and situations.
However, making it simple might be really useful as well.
Which makes me wonder, what if I kept it simple inside my brain, for at least a small part of the day… what would that look like? What if it looked like me actually being in the actual moment in my actual body… Wow! Imagine that! And what if everything I said, or did, was just simple. Maybe it would be easy and simple. Maybe it would be fun to be simple… I don’t know. Might be worth a try!
The fourth of our Five Simple Things , ” Every time you use keys, visualize they are unlocking opportunities to get you closer to your dreams.” has been difficult for me in that I rarely lock anything other than my car, and these days I’m not actually driving to very many places. So, I did think of a number of different ideas related to locks and doors.
- See every open door as a new opportunity.
- When you walk out the door, open your mind to new ideas.
- Every time you walk into a room, imagine that you are walking into the best thing ever.
- When you walk out the door, open yourself up to new opportunities.
- When opening a jar think about opening up to new ideas, experiences, and knowledge.
- When opening a door, think about moving forward with your goals, ideas, and/or life.
- Every time you walk out of a door, imagine that you are walking into a grand adventure.
- When you pick up your keys, know that within you is the key to happiness.
As you can see, I also made some stickers. Which was a lot of fun. And in the process of making them, I ended up with “Every time you walk into a door, imagine you are walking into a grand adventure, or even something wonderful.” LOL…
And then I realized that this is actually a really good idea!
We’ve all had the experience of hitting a wall… or running into a doorway that we thought would be open to us, but instead it is not… I have had this happen to me a lot!
And I thought, what if, instead of thinking it as a setback or a road block, I saw it as a grand adventure… as something wonderful? How different would my life be? And what are my current blocks? What walls have I walked into recently? And how does it feel to think of them as wonderful or grand or an adventure?
What about you? What is your grand adventure?
So, for today we have a really simple spell to remove obstacles by tapping in to the power of the setting sun.
You will need:
- A handful of sand or dry dirt
Holding the sand in your hand, face the setting Sun and ask His assistance by saying something like:
Ancient Sun, with Your last breath
Send obstacles now to their death
Destroy all fences, break all locks,
Rid me of all stumbling blocks
Bring them all to swift demise
So they can no longer rise
And hold me back from what I need
Or my ability to succeed
Crumble them just as this dust
So I move onward as I must.
Turn in a counterclockwise circle three times, while seeing obstacles being reduced to nothingness. Then, facing the Sun again, blow the sand from your hand. Know that the Sun will handle the problem.
Found at: Book of Shadows
For our first activity, we have this fun and simple magickal exercise:
- Small glass of orange juice
Take the juice outside at daybreak, and, facing east, offer it to the Infant Sun by saying something like:
O Infant born into the sky
I offer this to You on high
And offer thanks for Your arrival
And for the role You play in our survival
Turning clockwise, pour the juice on the ground in a circle around you. Then ask the Sun for a fresh start by saying something like:
Oh Infant Sun, I call to You
Who starts each day with life anew
Whose birth brings warmth and gives us joy
Whose light the darkness does destroy
Who separates the night from day
Who guides us with His gentle rays
Who gives us hope and makes us smile
Who makes each step we take worthwhile
Who inspires and cultivates
Fresh ideas and captivates
All who feel His golden light
I ask You, Infant Sun, so bright
To bring to me a new beginning
That puts me on the path to winning
What I desire most in my life ~
Free of needless stress and strife ~
Oh, bring to me a fresh new start
And I ask You, too, impart
Your courage as I tread anew
The path that I now ask of You
Bring this at once now, Infant Sun
As I will, so it be done.
Kiss your hand to the Sun and step over the juice circle. Go indoors and know that a brand new beginning is on its way.
Found at: Book of Shadows
“The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.”
~Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Well, if that is so, then let’s do something with that state of mind, right now.
- If your mind was a landscape, what would it be?
- What “state” would it be in?
Answering these questions out aloud into the room will help describe it in a little more detail.
Now, CHANGE THE LANDSCAPE to make it more to your liking.
If it’s a desert, bring in rain; if it’s a rainy swamp, bring in the sun to dry it up. If it’s a total mess, clear it all out with a nice flood wave and let the waters recede to reveal a whole new landscape, bright and perfect to unfold for you.
Hold that landscape steady whilst you take three deep breaths – and there we are!
- Dr Silvia Hartmann
- The 60 Second Wealth Creators
- Provided by www.DragonRising.com
We’re going to make a thoughtfield!
In a moment, hold out your hands in front of you, as though you were holding a sphere the size of a small melon.
Into this sphere, I want you to pour all your troubles, all your cares, all your worries and all those things that swirl around in the back of our minds and make our thinking unclear and our motivation murky.
Let them all pour into this amazing container – thoughts, pictures, feelings, people, bills, the past, the future, all of it. It’s quick once it gets going.
When you have poured in all your current cares, take the sphere in both hands, lift it up high over your head and throw it behind you.
Take a deep breath and enjoy the clarity of forward vision that this brings.
- Dr Silvia Hartmann
- The 60 Second Wealth Creators
- Provided by www.DragonRising.com
If you are willing, and if you are wanting, the Lord Ganesha lifts you out of the fog of the materialistic conscious mind, establishing a connection and a relationship with you. This is a personal relationship with the Deity. There is nobody in between – just you and the God, Lord Ganesha.
It’s like being adopted in a way. If you were an orphan or abandoned on the streets of Sao Paolo or Madras, or on the streets of where ever there are little kids running around, you would be “free”. You could go through life listening to no one and exercising unrestricted free will, free instinctive will.
If you had a developed intellect, then you could exercise an intellectual will. You could do anything that you wanted to do, absolutely anything. Of course you would find that as you attempted to fulfill your desires, you were limited, sometimes prevented, by the natural forces within and without. But you could attempt anything.
If you were fortunate enough, foster parents might come along to help you. They would adopt you and take you into their home. Your new mother would begin to lovingly guide and direct your life. She would tell you, “You can play as you like in this room, but not in the others.” She is a wise mother and knows that you are accustomed to having your own way, so she lets you play freely within the confines of your own room.
But if she catches you playing in another room, she might say firmly, “You may play in your room, not here in this room.” You have lost your “free will” in being adopted by a mother and father, you are a part of their family now, and your well-being , your education, your training all now come under their will, to which you must adjust yourself and obey. They will watch over you and discipline you morning and night. They will protect you from getting into trouble with your “free will”.
It is the same when you evolve a relationship, a personal relationship with the Deity Lord Ganesha. He will not allow you to use your free will to get into difficulties. Guiding your carefully and protecting you along your way in your natural karma through life is His concern.
Little by little, slowly, imperceptibly a relationship evolves, a very personal, loving relationship, between the devotee and the elephant-faced God. Psychic protection is granted, physical protection, mental and emotional protection are all granted as boons by Him.
He will not allow His devotees to use their free, instinctive willfulness to make more kukarma by getting into difficulties. Rather, he will guide them carefully, protecting them every moment along the way so that their natural birth karmas may be worked through and sukarma created by right living. This is His main concern. Lord Ganesha loves and cares for His devotees. Once the devotee is connected to Him through the awakening of the muladhara chakra, loneliness is never experienced.
Ganesha is a truly wonderful, loving God. He has an extraordinary knack for unweaving complicated situations and making them simple. He can unweave his devotees from their karma, simplifying and purifying their lives. But this only happens after they have established a personal relationship with Him. Soon thereafter, changes begin to happen in their lives; and when they go through difficult times, they no longer become angry or live in fear or worry.
When difficult times come, they know it is because they are being unwound from accumulated and congested, difficult karmas or being turned in a new direction altogether. They know that at such a time they have to consciously surrender their free, instinctive willfulness and not fight the divine happenings, but allow the God’s divine will to guide their life. Such is the spiritual path of total surrender, know as prapatti.
from Loving Ganesa
by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
The Ganesha Mudra is a powerful hand lock which, when incorporated into your yoga practice, can lift your spirits, relieve tension and boost confidence! It is the physical embodiment of perseverance. To achieve it, you should begin in a comfortable seated position with a long, straight spine. Then:
- Bring both hands in front of your chest with bent elbows.
- Position your left hand, palm outward, so your thumb points down toward the solar plexus and your pinky points up toward the collar bone.
- Form a claw by bending the four fingers of your left hand and clasping them with the four fingers of your right hand. Your right palm should be facing your chest.
- Take a deep breath in through the nose. Fill up.
- Upon exhaling, forcefully pull both arms apart while keeping the claws locked. Feel that resistance open your shoulders and chest.
- Inhale again and relax your arms, always maintaining the Ganesha lock. Exhale and pull apart.
- Repeat this process six times, breath to movement.
- Interchange the direction of your hands, with your right palm facing outwards and the left palm facing inward.
- Repeat six more times.
Release the Mudra, feeling all tension melt away with it. Bring your unclasped hands to your heart, palms facing inward. Focus on slow, deliberate breaths, absorbing the restoration of equilibrium to the body, mind and soul.
Why does it work?
By uniting this Ganesha yoga pose with potent breath, blockages and obstacles are evicted from the body. With no refuge in the openness that’s been created, the clutter of the mind also dissolves. And since it’s his job to destroy what’s in the way, Ganesha has been known to place obstacles in the path of those who need to be “checked.” If something blocks your path, invoking Ganesha’s symbolic destruction with this Mudra can help to create space for what you seek!
Often honored at the opening of important rites and ceremonies, Ganesha represents new beginnings. His presence reminds us it’s only after we’ve removed the obstacles that we can begin anew. Sometimes, we must demolish the ego to rebuild a stronger foundation for personal growth. The yoga mat is the perfect place to lay that base!
Release After Resistance
The Ganesha pose can remove negativity and stress by stimulating resistance in the upper body. Sometimes, it’s only after release that we notice the heaviness of the weight we were carrying. What are you resisting? What’s holding you back? What obstacles can you remove to free yourself from what doesn’t serve you? Surround yourself with Ganesha, and all can become clear.
Here’s a Ganesha Mudra Meditation
- Fully inhale. Fill your lungs up to their fullest capacity.
- Fully Exhale. Empty your lungs until they are completely empty.
Every time you exhale draw your navel in, tense your chest and arm muscles and feel as if you are trying to get out of the grip, but you can’t. Stay relaxed in your face, top shoulders neck as you feel the tension. Completely exhale until your lungs are empty while visualizing and mentally repeating the obstacle (what’s holding you back).
- Then inhale to fill your lungs while releasing the tension. Maintain the clasp.
- Repeat this 6 times. For a total of 6 cycles.
When I do this I like to visualize myself exhaling against any resistance I might be feeling at the moment. It helps me to release the tension. I feel myself dissolving it and it opens me up and creates space.
When I inhale I visualize myself opening myself up to what I am focusing on (writing, finishing something I have been putting off), and the possibilities of exploring/learning something new.
Integrate what you are experiencing at the moment and use the Ganesha Mudra Meditation for that.
When you are done; visualize a clear path; visualize openness. Believe the pathway is clear for you to continue what you want/need to do. Believe that everything will have an outcome that will serve you in the best possible way possible.
There are many factors you can’t control, but be in charge of what you can control. Your thoughts, your actions is always within your control.
Give it a go, and see if/how it can support you. Make it your own. This meditation takes no more than 3 minutes.
As per Kundalini Yoga Sutra, the human body receives its subtle cosmic energies from seven chakras that are ruled by different gods. The Muladhara is considered the “root” or “foundation” Chakra indicating “support” is one of the seven main chakras, located near the base end of the spinal column, primarily associated with the action of excretion. Muladhara Chakra is associated with survival and safety and teaches us the life lesson of standing up for ourselves.
An individual with a healthy Muladhara Chakra can be spotted out for a strong sense of security and practicality with a healthy physique. On the other hand, if this first Chakra is blocked, a person may lose the sense of belonging, have a weak physical structure, problematic bones, weight issues, and a fearful outlook towards life in general.
Lord Ganesha rules Muladhara Chakra, the root Chakra associated with family, stability and wealth. Mula means “main, root or original” and adhara means “base”, meaning that Lord Ganesha is the root cause of our familial happiness and domestic peace that are absent without his blessings.
Also in Ganapati Atharvashirsa it is given that “lord Ganesha continually dwells in the sacral plexus at the base of the spine, Muladhara Chakra. He resides permanently in every living being at the Muladhara. He guides all other chakras, thereby leading the forces that propel the wheel of life.”
Therefore, Lord Ganesha is the primal force that supports the foundation of every aspect of your life. He removes all the obstacles in all your undertakings. One should meditate on him every day in the morning. One can also use Ganesha Yantras or Rudraksha beads ruled by Lord Ganesha to strengthen your Root Chakra.
Source: The Rudra Centre
Om Gan Ganapataye Namo Namah
Shree Siddhi Vinayak Namo Namah
Shree Ashtavinayak Namo Namah
Ganapati Bappa Moraya
We ask for good fortune and many blessings and wishes for our current life and future lives. We bow in Homage to Lord Ganesha who blesses us with long lives, health and happiness.
Ganesh Mantra by Suresh Wadkar | Om Gan Ganpataye Namo Namah – 108 times with Meaning:
- santos resendez: 06b5443bb01ef97618c7a7fcc5a32a46
- Natalie: 4f25d625272324c9da772f60a5bedda7–zebra-painting-zebra-drawing
- : b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- victoria maddock: b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- shelly: 64e142b25eec62d498cc1a991eb657aa
- Lets Burn Some Bay Leaves Bay leaves are a common staple on most people's her...
- Make Your Own Violet Fire It occurred to me how much fun it might be to make...
- How To Call Your Energy Back We learned today, that it is important to Reclaim Your...
- Feng Shui In The Bathroom I found this great little article about How A Bathr...
- A Nice Violet Flame Meditation From the Daily Om, here is a very simple and very nice...
- The 108 Names of Surya The oldest surviving Vedic hymns mention Sūrya with...
- Newton’s Second Law Newton’s second law–When a force acts on an object, the...
- Money Chant – Very Fast This is a very fast version of the Money Formula Ch...
- About the Didgeridoo The didgeridoo is probably the world's oldest music...
- The Ganesh Oracle Look what I found! Whispers of Lord Ganesha oracle...
- Dining Room Feng Shui A feng shui dining room is one that arouses hunger...
- I Invoke and Dream Awake This is the Spirit Rap that first caught my attenti...
- Why The Violet Flame? In the process of expanding the Inspiration and Ins...
- Good Morning! Good Morning- If you want to be happy , be! ~Leo Tol...
- Our Current Project We have just wrapped up our Five Simple Things proj...
- Luxuriously Delicious Ideas For The Bath In yesterday's post, we learned that Flower cleansing b...
- Morning Coffee Magick Did you know that coffee has magickal properties? Accor...
- Working With The Violet Flame I found this simple explanation on working with the...
- Losing Focus? Maybe these inspirational and motivational quotes will...
- Living Room Feng Shui Living rooms have always been an integral and impor...