Did It Work?
Now that our 30 days of harnessing the power of the sun has come to a close, it’s time to look back and think about what, if anything, has changed in your life as a result of this project. Here is a short list of questions:
- Did you follow this project?
- What, if anything, did you find helpful?
- Do you have any favorite posts or ideas?
- What was your least favorite part of this project?
- Did anything change in your life as a result of working with the power of the Sun?
- Is there anything else you’d like to say or share? Insights? Ideas? Inspirations?
As always, I deeply appreciate any and all comments.
Our Well Begun project has come to a close, and I’m just wondering how we did. This is an opportunity to share any results, ideas, expectations, disappointments, achievements, or anything else that came about as a result of working on this project.
My own personal results were as follows:
Despite being down with a massive sinus infection for at least half of the project, I have managed to come out from under with some great ideas, and a couple of strategies that have been working really well for me. My mornings are way more organized, and my attitude has improved quite a bit.
The way it unfolded was really interesting. I gave myself permission to play the Sims and goof off, but it took my game so long to load that I ended up doing household chores while I was waiting… which felt really good because it took all the guilt out of playing the game, and my house got clean in the process. I also invoked Ganesh for a variety of problems, and that’s been awesomely successful. This boost of positive results has given me more energy and so now I have begun to very slowly implement a few more parts of my overall plan to get my shit together.
And now it’s your turn.
- Did you try any of the ideas shared in this project?
- Was there anything you really enjoyed?
- Has your morning routine changed in any way as a result of this project?
- What aspects of your personal morning routine work really well for you?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share? experiences? insights? ideas?
My personal experience with this project was surprisingly good. It was so simple and easy, that I didn’t have any trouble making my bed every morning, and I noticed that this made a very definite, albeit subtle difference in my entire day. I felt more proactive, and more connected. I was also more likely to do other little practical things to create order in my environment. So, for me, it had value and I do hope I keep it up.
What about you?
- Did you make your bed every day?
- If so, did it seem to make a difference?
- If not, did that seem to make a difference?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share?
Our project has come to an end, and what a wild ride it was. I feel like I took a crash course in feng shui and diy home decor. This is our feedback post giving anyone who wants to say something about the projects, the ideas, the concepts, or anything else related to Living As If…
My own personal experience was that I now have a really clear idea of what I want to do with most of the rooms in my house, and I have ideas on how to actually accomplish most of it. Now it’s just going to come down to the actual doing of it. Which is, of course, the hardest part.
What about you?
- Did you enjoy the project?
- Get inspired to do some home improvement?
- What was your favorite part?
- Did you actually tackle any of the projects?
- Do you plan to?
- Anything else you’d like to add?
Today is the last day of our “What You Focus On Grows” project, and I’m wondering how it worked for you.
- What, if anything, was the most helpful?
- Least helpful?
- Did you focus on any one thing in particular?
- And if so, did it grow?
- Did you learn anything new?
- Remember anything you had forgotten?
- Discover anything interesting?
Now that our project is complete, how did we do? Thirty days ago, when we got started with this project, I thought it might be interesting to get a general picture of our lives as they were in the moment. Now that our project is complete, it’s a good time to take a look back and see what – if anything – has changed. Here are the questions I asked initially:
- Your life is a glass, your prosperity is the water… how full is your glass?
- Your bank account is a pie… is it mostly crumbs? or are there some pieces on that plate?
- If life is a journey, and a happy fulfilled life is your destination… what do you see ahead? Impassible mountains? A giant swamp? A well traveled path? Tracks in the mud? A stunning view? Quicksand? Home Sweet Home? What?
- Rate your average daily experience of your life from 1 to 10, 1 being it really really sucks and 10 being amazingly awesome.
Here are the questions I’m curious to know the answers to:
- Well, what do you think?
- Was this project helpful?
- Has listening to the chants and the talks improved your life in any way?
- Did you enjoy the project?
- If not – why not. and if so – what did you like about it.
As always, comments, experiences, and insights, are deeply appreciated.
Over all, I think the project helped all of us to make progress with our various goals. I think I was the only one who flat out didn’t do anything at all to further their goal. I did, however, learn a lot about goal setting and what NOT to do the next time I decide to set goals for myself.
What follows are the results that have been posted thus far:
Well, my goal was too lofty but I DID manage to organize debt and feel good about my plan going forward. It was tough to make some of the choices that means less incoming every two weeks but in the long run it will be more peaceful. I enjoyed the The Prosperity Project inspiration along the way!
While I can not say I achieved my goal. I can say I took steps towards it. I have a rough plan of steps I need to take to bring it even closer. Steps I did not have a month ago. So a SUCCESS in my opinion.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions… that pretty much sums up how well I did with my goal. I managed to do absolutely nothing… nothing at all with regard to getting my faucet replaced. It was an absolute fail. HOWEVER… I did do so much work on the website… several new mini-sites up and running… lots of new content… AND I worked my regular job… Had a very sick grandpuppy and a very worried family… and a bunch of other stuff. So I didn’t just DO NOTHING, what I did was EVERY THING BUT the faucet.
So… While the goal itself was a failure, the last 30 days was very productive and good. And if I had it to do over, I’d set a different goal, because I really do think I picked the wrong thing.
What did I learn? I learned that it is very important for me to choose long term goals that are something I really do want to actually do… not stuff that I think I might want, or that I think would be “good” for me. The “good for me” goals need to be something small and easy that I commit to doing every single day. And if I don’t want to actually DO it, there’s no point in making it a goal, because I will do everything in my power to avoid the doing of it.
My favorite posts were the ones about Newtons Laws … I love that physics applies to my every day life to accurately. Most helpful to me ?? again that would be Newton’s Laws of Motion. The Mind Mapping looked interesting, and I think it might be something fun to try later on this year.
Well I failed miserably LOL. I only got 15 out of 40 bags sewn and 9 of them were done before we started this months project.
Note to Saskia: I wouldn’t call getting 1/3 of the bags sewn a miserable failure! You did actually sew 6 of them which is way better than 0. So that’s progress.
By The Way:
It’s not too late to post your own results to this goal setting project. Just leave a comment with your experiences, successes and/or failures, with your insights, ideas, stories, and anything else you want to share. I’ll update this post as new comments appear. We’d love to hear what you have to share!
And now that we’re done with our 30 days of doing. It’s time to talk about how well did we do? Did you accomplish your goal? If not, why not. If so, do you have anything to share that you think might be helpful to someone else? What was the most helpful to you? Least helpful? Are you glad it’s finally over? Wish you had more time? If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I’m sure I”m not the only one who would love to hear your stories of success or failure, road blocks and smooth sailing, ideas, insights, words of wisdom and anything else that you’d like to share.
And here’s a little collection of Steam Train pictures to enjoy while we put this project to bed:
So here we have the results and the comments on the Laying The Groundwork project. These are taken directly from comments left on the website, and from the Facebook page. Self exploration is hard work, and it was a bit much for many of us to do the exercises every day. That being said, those of us who did complete all or most of the work did get some great results. The feedback is as follows:
This to me is one of the more enlightening projects for me. It really worked for me to answer all of the statements. I found that if I did it more than once my answers became more honest. The project lead me to a very dark realization but also hope to over come. Loved it so much I printed it out to do again. Thank you so much Shirley Twofeathers
- I did not do all the exercises.
- The ones I did do have helped me a little.
- I was a little more confident about myself, more comfortable about myself.
- The exercise that I benefited from most was the one where you had to write your greatest fear or weakness and find ways to deal with it.
- I didn’t really have a least favorite part.
- Yes, I learned that I can truly be myself and not care about what others think and not let my insecurities get me down if I really put my mind to it.
- I have discovered that I don’t have to have someone tell me I’m beautiful to know I am… I know I am in my own way.
- It really brought out some stuff about myself that I didn’t even know about, and it help me sort through them!
I really like the concept of this project. I unfortunately fell behind and was not able to really catch up. I am going to redo this on my own.
It was a great project. I just got behind on it. It is a fun experience.
- Yes. I did complete all the exercises, most of them more than once. The only one I didn’t complete was the big ass character development one… but I do plan to eventually get it filled out.
- I don’t think I could pin it down to just one or two exercises that were the most beneficial to me. I had so many insights all through the project….
- My favorite parts were the help wanted ad and the movie trailer tags… so much fun !! I’m still playing with the idea of posting my help wanted ad on Craigs list… LOL
- My least favorite part was when I was the only one leaving comments.
Did you learn anything new about yourself?
- Did I learn anything new about myself? Yes. I learned what my motivations are, a new appreciation for all that I am and all that I do, and I quit beating myself up for the things that I don’t do, don’t want to do, and can’t do.
- One of the other things I discovered is that self exploration is hard work … and a challenge … not everyone enjoys it as much as I do.
- Is there anything else I’d like to say about this project? No, I’m pretty sure I’ve said enough.
So here we have the results and the comments on the Violet Flame Project. These are taken directly from comments left on the website, and from the Facebook page. Based on the results posted, it looks like the Violet Flame Decrees do really work.
- Did you feel that it worked for you? Yes, maybe, not sure, but my heart feels very full so I’d say yes.
- Were any of your goals met? I don’t think I set any super-specific goals at the beginning of the month, but I did receive some unexpected income which was a plus, so I’d say yes.
- Did you enjoy this project? Or did you lose interest along the way? I very much enjoyed this project! However, I never did sit down to do a daily silent meditation on it, I just incorporated the visualization and feeling and decrees into my normal day. You gotta do what works for you! I never did lose interest per se, but had a family member pass away in the middle of the month so I had a week where I wasn’t really doing the project, but it feels like it’s something that you can step away from and come right back to and pick up right where you were.
- What was your favorite I AM Decree? I used the Light Set Me Free decree almost every day. It was the easiest one for me to remember and resonated with me.
- Did you make up any of your own? No…
- Has your life changed in any way because of, or as a result of, the Violet Flame Decrees? The unexpected income I mentioned earlier, and in spite of the death in the family, my heart still feels very full and connected to God.
- Is this something you would recommend to a friend? Yes.
- Will you continue to use the Violet Flame even after the project is over? Yes! I printed out some of the decrees and mantras to continue to use later.
- Did you have any insights, any experiences, or any thoughts you’d like to share? I would really like for everyone who participated to check back in with us all in 6 months. (Even if we are doing different Prosperity Projects every month between now and then.) Sometimes it takes a while to recognize the results in our lives.
Note to Melissa: I think that #9 is an excellent idea, and I have scheduled a post for six months from now so that we can all weigh in on it again.
- Did you feel that it worked for you? Yes.
- Were any of your goals met? Yes.
- Did you enjoy this project? Or did you lose interest along the way? I enjoyed it.
- What was your favorite I AM Decree? I’m calling for an ocean of Violet Flame to transmute fear and error, and all sense of shame.
- Did you make up any of your own? No.
- Has your life changed in any way because of, or as a result of, the Violet Flame Decrees? Yes.
- Is this something you would recommend to a friend? Yes.
- Will you continue to use the Violet Flame even after the project is over? Yes.
- Did you have any insights, any experiences, or any thoughts you’d like to share? I finally got a good job opportunity.
My overall experience was a really good one! It really made me feel good and helped me access and use my personal power. I will continue to use the I am decrees when ever I feel I need them.
- Did you feel that it worked for you? Yes I think it did work
- Were any of your goals met? Yes, I really feel like I have increased my personal power, although I don’t think it actually increased. I think the violet flame decrees allowed me to tap into it and become more comfortable with it.
- Did you enjoy this project? Yes very much! Or did you lose interest along the way? Sometimes it did get daunting and I would change it up or something would happen that would show me it was working so it would reignite that beginning enthusiasm again.
- What was your favorite I AM Decree? I AM a being of Violet fire, I AM the purity the gods desire. I did change purity half way through the project to power and I think that suited me better for my goal.
- Did you make up any of your own? Yes, I would add bits and pieces from other decrees to suit what I needed and felt.
- Has your life changed in any way because of, or as a result of, the Violet Flame Decrees? Yes, but on a inner level
- Is this something you would recommend to a friend? Yes I would!
- Will you continue to use the Violet Flame even after the project is over? Yes I will, maybe not every day though.
- Did you have any insights, any experiences, or any thoughts you’d like to share? Over all it was a good experience and I would do it again.
- Yes, I feel it worked for me!
- Yes, My goal was met!
- I enjoyed it. I kinda lost interest in the mantra I was doing, so I changed it, but overall, I enjoyed it.
- I used the Light set me free one first, But then I changed it to I Demand and I Am!
- I didn’t make one of my own!
- Yes, my life has changed in a big way because of the Violet Flame even after the project is over!
- Yes, this is something I would recommend to a friend!
- I will continue to use the Violet Flame even after the project is over!
- I finally am able to be myself more!
I did enjoy this project. I used the same statement for the month. I will say that the energy high and cool visions I experienced in the first couple weeks tapered off to more of a mellow ‘buzz’ kind of feeling by the third week. Thanks for all the hard work Shirley Twofeathers
Of all the projects we’ve done over the years, and there have been a lot of them, this is one of my favorites. It was an effortless flow for me, getting the posts up, finding the content and the images. Everything went so smoothly. I even got a bunch of extra days off work, which really helped me get a good head start. My feedback is as follows:
- Yes, I did feel it worked for me.
- Almost from the beginning… my goals were met and continue to be met, although, if I slack on the decrees for more than a day or two, I feel that old “what’s the point” thinking creeping in.
- I did enjoy the project, although I did feel that the energy seemed to wane towards the end… like I got used to it or something, and I had to change things up to find that huge flow of energy again.
- I had several favorites. What I liked best was “I am a being of violet fire… I am the (insert whatever word I was needing for the day) I am the… the Gods desire”
- Yes, I made several decrees of my own. I even made one of them into T Shirts and other cool stuff at Cafe Press.
- My life changed only in a very subtle way, in that I didn’t fall into despair nearly as often… outwardly, not much seems different. Like I said, it was very subtle.
- Definitely something I would recommend to a friend.
- I will continue to use the decrees… I hope every day… but probably I will let them slide periodically.
- I found it very interesting that I could say “I Am a Being of Violet Fire” with conviction and know the absolute truth of it, but I cannot say, “I am beautiful” with any conviction at all… …. also I really spent a lot of time thinking about the I AM and what are the other I AM’s that I say to my self… and how does that make me feel, and how does it impact my life.
- santos resendez: 06b5443bb01ef97618c7a7fcc5a32a46
- Natalie: 4f25d625272324c9da772f60a5bedda7–zebra-painting-zebra-drawing
- : b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- victoria maddock: b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- shelly: 64e142b25eec62d498cc1a991eb657aa
- Lets Burn Some Bay Leaves Bay leaves are a common staple on most people's her...
- Make Your Own Violet Fire It occurred to me how much fun it might be to make...
- How To Call Your Energy Back We learned today, that it is important to Reclaim Your...
- Feng Shui In The Bathroom I found this great little article about How A Bathr...
- A Nice Violet Flame Meditation From the Daily Om, here is a very simple and very nice...
- The 108 Names of Surya The oldest surviving Vedic hymns mention Sūrya with...
- Newton’s Second Law Newton’s second law–When a force acts on an object, the...
- Money Chant – Very Fast This is a very fast version of the Money Formula Ch...
- About the Didgeridoo The didgeridoo is probably the world's oldest music...
- The Ganesh Oracle Look what I found! Whispers of Lord Ganesha oracle...
- Dining Room Feng Shui A feng shui dining room is one that arouses hunger...
- I Invoke and Dream Awake This is the Spirit Rap that first caught my attenti...
- Why The Violet Flame? In the process of expanding the Inspiration and Ins...
- Good Morning! Good Morning- If you want to be happy , be! ~Leo Tol...
- Our Current Project We have just wrapped up our Five Simple Things proj...
- Luxuriously Delicious Ideas For The Bath In yesterday's post, we learned that Flower cleansing b...
- Morning Coffee Magick Did you know that coffee has magickal properties? Accor...
- Working With The Violet Flame I found this simple explanation on working with the...
- Losing Focus? Maybe these inspirational and motivational quotes will...
- Living Room Feng Shui Living rooms have always been an integral and impor...