Rise and Shine
Six months ago, we did a little project called “Rise and Shine,” the idea being that your life would be improved with the simple act of making your bed every morning. This post is a small wake up call to find out if anyone is still making their bed in the morning, and to determine what, if any, long term benefit was achieved. So…
- Do you make your bed every morning?
- Do you find that it benefits you in any way?
- Did you participate in the Rise and Shine Project?
- Any other thoughts or comments?
Here is an overview of our Rise and Shine project. This post provides links to pertinent aspects of this project, so that you won’t have to sift through the archives to find out what you want to know.
If you would like to try this project for yourself, you can start on Day One: It’s Day One, and then continue on thru to the last day: When You Do Something Beautiful, posting your thoughts, ideas, results, joys and disappointments as you go. This is an active blog, and if you post, we will notice and reply… and give you the benefit of our own experience and our support if it seems pertinent or appropriate.
- Our original idea: Rise and Shine
- Statement of intent: If You Want To Change the World
- Preliminaries: How To Make A Bed
- Image Gallery: Rise and Shine Pics
- Basic Summary or our results: Did We Shine?
The complete listing of the daily posts for the Rise and Shine project:
- It’s Day One
- Wasting The Dawn
- Woke Up This Morning
- Wake Up And Be Awesome
- Getting Out Of Bed
- Did you sleep good?
- It’s A New Day
- Good Morning
- Now that your eyes are open…
- A Wild New Approach
- Good Morning!
- My To Do List
- There Was A Reason
- Adorable Cuteness
- I Opened Two Gifts
- Froggy ?
- Shine On
- Be Kind
- A Bundle of Paradoxes
- Life is too short
- Wake up. Be Awesome.
- Don’t Look Back
- What we do today…
- Every Morning
- As you have made your bed
- Morning Routine
- Having a Rough Morning?
- The Breeze at Dawn
- Morning Found Us Unaware
- When You Do Something Beautiful
My personal experience with this project was surprisingly good. It was so simple and easy, that I didn’t have any trouble making my bed every morning, and I noticed that this made a very definite, albeit subtle difference in my entire day. I felt more proactive, and more connected. I was also more likely to do other little practical things to create order in my environment. So, for me, it had value and I do hope I keep it up.
What about you?
- Did you make your bed every day?
- If so, did it seem to make a difference?
- If not, did that seem to make a difference?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share?
- santos resendez: 06b5443bb01ef97618c7a7fcc5a32a46
- Natalie: 4f25d625272324c9da772f60a5bedda7–zebra-painting-zebra-drawing
- : b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- victoria maddock: b309279fc914a524917cb72e41228677–whimsical-painted-furniture-hand-painted-furniture
- shelly: 64e142b25eec62d498cc1a991eb657aa
- Lets Burn Some Bay Leaves Bay leaves are a common staple on most people's her...
- Make Your Own Violet Fire It occurred to me how much fun it might be to make...
- How To Call Your Energy Back We learned today, that it is important to Reclaim Your...
- Feng Shui In The Bathroom I found this great little article about How A Bathr...
- A Nice Violet Flame Meditation From the Daily Om, here is a very simple and very nice...
- The 108 Names of Surya The oldest surviving Vedic hymns mention Sūrya with...
- Newton’s Second Law Newton’s second law–When a force acts on an object, the...
- Money Chant – Very Fast This is a very fast version of the Money Formula Ch...
- About the Didgeridoo The didgeridoo is probably the world's oldest music...
- The Ganesh Oracle Look what I found! Whispers of Lord Ganesha oracle...
- Dining Room Feng Shui A feng shui dining room is one that arouses hunger...
- I Invoke and Dream Awake This is the Spirit Rap that first caught my attenti...
- Why The Violet Flame? In the process of expanding the Inspiration and Ins...
- Good Morning! Good Morning- If you want to be happy , be! ~Leo Tol...
- Our Current Project We have just wrapped up our Five Simple Things proj...
- Luxuriously Delicious Ideas For The Bath In yesterday's post, we learned that Flower cleansing b...
- Morning Coffee Magick Did you know that coffee has magickal properties? Accor...
- Working With The Violet Flame I found this simple explanation on working with the...
- Losing Focus? Maybe these inspirational and motivational quotes will...
- Living Room Feng Shui Living rooms have always been an integral and impor...