A good healing tea is made as follows:
- A pinch of peppermint
- A pinch of powdered ginger
- A pinch of clove powder or 2 bruised cloves
- One cup water
To prepare the tea:
Boil the water but do not use an aluminum kettle. Pour water into a mug or pot leaving herbs to steep for at least five minutes, but don’t leave for longer than ten minutes or the tea may become bitter. For stronger tea, use more herb rather than steeping the tea for a longer time. Sweeten with honey if desired.
- 2 fresh, young nettle tops
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped blackberry leaves
- 1 sprig fresh peppermint
- 1 head of meadowsweet flowers
- 2 cups boiling water
Infuse in a covered pot for 10 minutes, strain and take three times a day in wineglassful doses.
If you have a dry cold, drink peppermint tea and it will almost immediately ease your symptoms. And if your friends are scared of catching it from you, or you wish to keep your family free from infection, tell them to rub a little peppermint oil under the nose and round the throat, and to take a small dose as well, it is an antiseptic and a strong preventative of disease.
Take a tablespoon each of Elderflowers, Peppermint and Yarrow and infuse with a pint of boiling water. Strain off a large cupful and drink it hot in bed. Take this same medicine three times during the following day and again when you go to bed and you will find it quickly chases the sniffles away. And if the cold has turned to flu, Elderflowers again will relieve the symptoms.
Swollen, puffy joints, especially in the hands and knuckles are a sure sign of an active flareup. This blend of essential oils is formulated to cool inflammation and ease pain.
- 5 drops Chamomile Essential Oil
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Dilute with carrier oil for massage. For a very strong blend use 2 tablespoon of the carrier oil. For milder blends use more oil. A nice salve can be made by mixing these essential oils with a cup of warm Coconut oil, and then allowing it to harden as it cools.
- 1 tbs of strong peppermint tea
- 1/2 tsp of pure peppermint extract or 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp of cucumber juice.
Use a cotton ball to apply this lotion on your skin and leave it on until it dries. Be careful not to get any in your eyes. Rinse off the mixture with warm water.
Here are a number of ways you can use Peppermint to enhance your own natural beauty:
- Mint paste in lemon juice applied on the skin gets rid of pimples and blackheads.
- A strong tea of peppermint and nettle leaf used as a hair rinse will sooth scalp and promote hair growth. Great for getting rid of dandruff.
- Peppermint has always been a popular ingredient in skin care because peppermint oil contains menthol and menthol is good for the skin.
- Peppermint has great benefits such as soothing irritated, itchy and dry skin.
- It has also been used to fight acne, dermatitis and ringworm.
- Peppermint essential oil is often the choice to relieve the symptoms of sunburn in addition to including it with a moisturizing lotion or cream.
- 1/2 cup dried peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup very finely diced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup dried fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
Put peppermint, ginger and fennel in glass jar and pour over the boiling water until they are just covered. Fill the rest of the jar with vodka and close with air tight lid. Keep in a cool dark place for at least 2-6 weeks, shaking daily. Strain through mesh strainer or cheesecloth and store in dark place in small jars.
For adults up to 1 tsp can be taken straight or in water as needed. For heartburn indigestion or nausea, one dose is usually sufficient, though sometimes a second dose is needed.
In pregnancy, 1/2 tsp in the morning often helps with morning sickness, with additional doses if needed throughout the day.
For children, 10-20 drops is usually enough, or it can be used externally.
This simple tea is probably one of the best for upset tummies and indigestion.
- 1 part chamomile flower
- 1 part dill leaf and seed
- 1 part peppermint leaf
Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1-2 tsp of mixture of all these herbs. Let it steep 5-10 min. Drink ½ cup of the warm tea before and after meals.
- About Healing By Medicine by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Healing With The Fingertips by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ladybird Toothache Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Nature Cure For Epilepsy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 3 Pow Wow Epilepsy Cures by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment