Take a tablespoon each of Elderflowers, Peppermint and Yarrow and infuse with a pint of boiling water. Strain off a large cupful and drink it hot in bed. Take this same medicine three times during the following day and again when you go to bed and you will find it quickly chases the sniffles away. And if the cold has turned to flu, Elderflowers again will relieve the symptoms.
- 1 teaspoon dried Peppermint
- 1 teaspoon dried Yarrow
- 1 teaspoon dried Elder Flowers
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pinch powdered mixed spices (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
Infuse the herbs in the water for at least 5 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients and honey to sweeten if necessary. Take a wine glassful every 2 hours.
This pleasant, soothing mixture will induce a gentle perspiration, thus helping to reduce a fever.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- A Healing Herbal Balm by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Good Healing Tea by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ginger Tea For Pain by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs for Pregnancy and Childbirth by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sister Rose’s Cajun Cough Stopper by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 5 Comments
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment