Take a tablespoon each of Elderflowers, Peppermint and Yarrow and infuse with a pint of boiling water. Strain off a large cupful and drink it hot in bed. Take this same medicine three times during the following day and again when you go to bed and you will find it quickly chases the sniffles away. And if the cold has turned to flu, Elderflowers again will relieve the symptoms.
- 1 teaspoon dried Peppermint
- 1 teaspoon dried Yarrow
- 1 teaspoon dried Elder Flowers
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pinch powdered mixed spices (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
Infuse the herbs in the water for at least 5 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients and honey to sweeten if necessary. Take a wine glassful every 2 hours.
This pleasant, soothing mixture will induce a gentle perspiration, thus helping to reduce a fever.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- How to Make a Tincture by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- How to Make a Healing Salve by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbal Remedies For Toothache Pain by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Very Good Remedy For The Gravel by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Honey and Cinnamon Cure Alls by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment