- 1 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried ground pink rose petals
- 1/4 cup ground dried lemon peel
- 6 drops attar of roses
- 4 drops geranium essential oil
- 4 drops lime essential oil
- 2 drops lemongrass essential oil
Mix dry ingredients in a nonreactive (glass is good) bowl. Drop in attar and essential oils, stirring with each addition. Pour into a dusting powder box. Apply with a powder duster.
If this type of packaging is unavailable, pour the mixture through a funnel into a shaker-topped powder bottle. Add a few grains of rise to stop ingredients from clumping.
To use, shake on body, bed, or inside shoes or drawers.
Found in: Four Seasons of Mojo
Another old Romany recipe to soothe any cough is made with licorice root, coltsfoot and lemon. Simmer 1 oz of licorice root in 3 pints of water till it is reduced to 1 pint. Put 1 oz of coltsfoot and a sliced lemon into a jug and add the decoction. Stir well, sweeten with honey, allow to get cold, then drink as required.
This combination of lemon and mint makes a great summer cooling body spray and/or facial toner.
- 1 ounce. peppermint leaves (dried), or handful fresh
- 1/2 cup witch hazel
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
Pour 1 cup boiling water over the peppermint leaves turn off the heat and steep in a covered container until cool. Strain. Add witch hazel and lemon.
Found at Annie’s Remedy
Brew a cup of peppermint tea, adding lemon and honey to taste..
Sip tea slowly while soaking in a bath spiked with 8 drops of peppermint essential oil and 2 drops of lemon ( or use herbs in muslin bag).
After your bath massage your temples, forehead and neck with the following essential oil blend, (carefully keeping out of eyes).
- 2 drops peppermint oil
- 1 drop lemon oil
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
Treat rough, dry areas of skin anywhere on the body with a mixture of equal parts of honey, lemon juice, and vegetable oil. This honey lotion should be rubbed into the dry area and massaged well for a few minutes. It will lighten the skin tone and add a new resiliency and softness to the skin if used regularly.
From: The Honey Cookbook
- 1 teaspoon dried Peppermint
- 1 teaspoon dried Yarrow
- 1 teaspoon dried Elder Flowers
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pinch powdered mixed spices (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
Infuse the herbs in the water for at least 5 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients and honey to sweeten if necessary. Take a wine glassful every 2 hours.
This pleasant, soothing mixture will induce a gentle perspiration, thus helping to reduce a fever.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- About Healing By Medicine by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Healing With The Fingertips by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ladybird Toothache Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Nature Cure For Epilepsy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 3 Pow Wow Epilepsy Cures by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment