- 2 fresh, young nettle tops
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped blackberry leaves
- 1 sprig fresh peppermint
- 1 head of meadowsweet flowers
- 2 cups boiling water
Infuse in a covered pot for 10 minutes, strain and take three times a day in wineglassful doses.
To cure dysentery or diarrhea, take the blue flowers of the “corihuela” (morning glory), make a tea, sweeten with sugar, and take a cupful every morning.
An injection for diarrhea may be made as follows:
- 1 drachm powdered Slippery Elm bark
- 3 drachms powdered Bayberry
- 1 drachm powdered Scullcap.
Pour on 1/2 pint of boiling water, infuse for half an hour, strain, add a teaspoonful of tincture of myrrh and use lukewarm. (By injection, I assume she means an inema.)