A Healing Salve
The Red Indians have long used this viscous inner bark to prepare a healing salve, and in herbal medicine a Slippery Elm bark powder is considered one of the best possible poultices for wounds, boils, ulcers, burns and all inflamed surfaces, soothing, healing and reducing pain and inflammation.
It is made as follows:
Mix the powdered bark with hot water to form the required consistency, spread smoothly upon soft cotton cloth and apply over the parts affected. It is unfailing in cases of suppurations, abscesses, wounds of all kinds, congestion, eruptions, swollen glands, etc.
In simple inflammation, it may be applied directly over the part affected; to abscesses and old wounds, it should be placed between cloths. If applied to parts of the body where there is hair, the face of the poultice should be smeared with olive oil before applying.
Source: A Modern Herbal
For information on individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
Leave a Reply
- About Healing By Medicine by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Healing With The Fingertips by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ladybird Toothache Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Nature Cure For Epilepsy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 3 Pow Wow Epilepsy Cures by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment