Put the flower and plant (all but the root)of Marsh Mallows in a jug, pour boiling water, cover with a cloth, let it stand three hours – make it strong. If used for gravel or irritation of the kidney, take 1/2 pint as a Tea daily for four days, then stop a few days, then go on again. A teaspoonful of gin may be added when there is no tendency to inflammation.
~From a family recipe-book
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Tincture of Lemon Balm by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment