Put pumpkin’s alpha hydroxy acids to work. Combine 1/4 cup pumpkin puree with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and a whole egg. Mix the ingredients until smooth and apply to face. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse, and pat dry.
Found at: Treehugger
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon balm
- 1 cup witch hazel
Combine the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Allow to steep for 1 week. Strain. Use 1 teaspoon per application with a cotton ball. Refrigerate if you wish.
Found at: Bay Witch Musings
- 1 tbs of strong peppermint tea
- 1/2 tsp of pure peppermint extract or 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp of cucumber juice.
Use a cotton ball to apply this lotion on your skin and leave it on until it dries. Be careful not to get any in your eyes. Rinse off the mixture with warm water.
The proportions for this remedy are not given, so you’ll have to experiment a bit. Here’s the recipe:
- Mix wheat-flour
- With honey and vinegar
- Put on the pimples at night before going to bed
I assume that upon arising, you will need to wash it off and the pimples will be gone, or at least reduced.
- 3 parts Lavender Flowers
- 1 part powdered Orris
- Sufficient cider vinegar to cover
Combine the ingredients and leave to stand for at least 2 weeks. Strain through a cloth or a coffee filter and bottle.
Note: Vinegar washes should always be diluted before using directly on the skin; a tablespoon to a wash basin of water should be sufficient.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- New Moon Wart Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin For Your Hair by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin Facial Mask for Dry Skin by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin Facial Mask For Oily Skin by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Pumpkin Sugar Scrub by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment