This is a great stomach soothing, anti-viral concoction, perfect to take when you feel like you’re coming down with a cold or bug.
To make the tincture:
Add lemon balm leaves to a jar until about three-quarters filled. Pour in 80 proof or higher alcohol (like vodka) until the jar is filled. Cap with a non-metallic lid and store in a cool, dark place for about 4 to 6 weeks, shaking periodically. Strain and store for at least a year.
Adult dose is 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) at a time, as needed. I usually mix with equal parts honey for better patient compliance.
From: The Nerdy Farm Wife
- 1/2 cup dried peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup very finely diced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup dried fennel seeds
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
Put peppermint, ginger and fennel in glass jar and pour over the boiling water until they are just covered. Fill the rest of the jar with vodka and close with air tight lid. Keep in a cool dark place for at least 2-6 weeks, shaking daily. Strain through mesh strainer or cheesecloth and store in dark place in small jars.
For adults up to 1 tsp can be taken straight or in water as needed. For heartburn indigestion or nausea, one dose is usually sufficient, though sometimes a second dose is needed.
In pregnancy, 1/2 tsp in the morning often helps with morning sickness, with additional doses if needed throughout the day.
For children, 10-20 drops is usually enough, or it can be used externally.
- 2 parts peppermint leaf
- 1 part chamomile flower
- 1 part feverfew flower and leaf
- 1 part hops
- vodka or brandy
Cover herbs with alcohol in a jar or bottle & leave closed in warm dark place for a 2-4 weeks. Strain.Bottle again.
Take ¼ – ½ tsp before and after meals.
- Secret Remedy for Healing the Cancer by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Essential Oils In The Bath by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 10 Best Essential Oils for the Bath by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Delicious Milk Bath by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Oatmeal Almond Facial Scrub by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment