Put pumpkin’s alpha hydroxy acids to work. Combine 1/4 cup pumpkin puree with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and a whole egg. Mix the ingredients until smooth and apply to face. Leave on for 20 minutes, rinse, and pat dry.
Found at: Treehugger
If you have a hard cough, beat the white of an egg to a froth, then add a tablespoonful each of vinegar and sugar. Drink this at bedtime, and the cough will not trouble you during the night.
- 3 parts Lavender Flowers
- 1 part powdered Orris
- Sufficient cider vinegar to cover
Combine the ingredients and leave to stand for at least 2 weeks. Strain through a cloth or a coffee filter and bottle.
Note: Vinegar washes should always be diluted before using directly on the skin; a tablespoon to a wash basin of water should be sufficient.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- A Healing Herbal Balm by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Good Healing Tea by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ginger Tea For Pain by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbs for Pregnancy and Childbirth by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Sister Rose’s Cajun Cough Stopper by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 5 Comments
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment