Monthly Archives: June 2021
When Cattle Are Bewitched
How do you know when cattle are plagued by witches? The hair stand on end, or bristle on the head, and they generally sweat by night or near dawn of day.
Take Witchcraft Balsam, Glow Worm Oil, Black Juniper Berry, Oil of Rue, Oil of Turpentine, two cents worth of each. Give this mixture to the cattle; also, some Balsam of Sulphur.
Encyclopaedia of Superstitions, Folklore, and the Occult Sciences
- Sharon from Cleveland, Ohio: Egg White Cough Cure
- Vagabond Witch: Soapwort Shampoo
- Jack Sanchez: Licorice and Lemon for Coughs
- Brenda: Slippery Elm for Bronchitis
- shirleytwofeathers: Figs – A Cure For What Ails You