Adding oils to a bath really doesn’t need to be completed, you can start by adding a single essential oil to your bath water. Essential oils normally last about 2 years if kept in a cool dark place and you literally only need a few drops so they are very cost effective.
I’ve listed below those that I would recommend as the best singular all rounders that can be used and enjoyed at any time of the year.
- Before adding any oils to the bath make sure you close the bathroom door so that you can keep as much of the scent in the room as possible.
- Add the oils drop by drop and don’t be tempted to add more, working on the theory that adding twice as much will get rid of a headache quicker doesn’t work and may just end up irritating the skin.
- On average you will need about 10 drops per bath, but with some of the stronger smelling oils you will only need 5 drops. Stronger smelling oils include; eucalyptus, peppermint, bay, basil, lime, lemon, thyme, rosemary.
10 Best Essential Oils for the Bath
- Bergamot for depression – 5 drops
- Chamomile for insomnia or itchy skin – 7 drops
- Frankincense for sedative, calming and mood sweetening – 8 drops
- Geranium for relaxing yet uplifting and energizing – 10 drops
- Jasmine for apathy, stress or fatigue – 8 drops
- Lavender positive, soothing and relaxing – 10 drops
- Neroli for hypnotic with antidepressant properties – 8 drops
- Patchouli for energizing and invigorating – 5 drops
- Rose for happiness and pleasure very romantic – 10 drops
- Sandalwood for sensual and mellowing a good aphrodisiac – 8 drops
Borrowed from: The Prosperity Project
Swollen, puffy joints, especially in the hands and knuckles are a sure sign of an active flareup. This blend of essential oils is formulated to cool inflammation and ease pain.
- 5 drops Chamomile Essential Oil
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Dilute with carrier oil for massage. For a very strong blend use 2 tablespoon of the carrier oil. For milder blends use more oil. A nice salve can be made by mixing these essential oils with a cup of warm Coconut oil, and then allowing it to harden as it cools.
- 3 parts Lavender Flowers
- 1 part powdered Orris
- Sufficient cider vinegar to cover
Combine the ingredients and leave to stand for at least 2 weeks. Strain through a cloth or a coffee filter and bottle.
Note: Vinegar washes should always be diluted before using directly on the skin; a tablespoon to a wash basin of water should be sufficient.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- About Healing By Medicine by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Healing With The Fingertips by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ladybird Toothache Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Nature Cure For Epilepsy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 3 Pow Wow Epilepsy Cures by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment