Pow Wow Remedies
The author of this book, John George Hohman, applied this remedy, and soon felt relieved. I knew a man who could find no relief from the medicine of any doctor; he then used the following remedy, to wit:
he ate every morning seven peach-stones before tasting anything else, which relieved him very much;
but as he had the gravel very bad, he was obliged to use it constantly. I, Hoffman, have used it for several weeks. I still feel a touch of it now and then, yet I had it so badly that I cried out aloud every time that I had to make water. I owe a thousand thanks to God and the person who told me of this remedy.
- The flowers of the peach-tree, prepared like salad, opens the bowels, and is of use in the dropsy.
- Six or seven peeled kernels of the peach-stone, eaten daily, will ease the gravel; they are also said to prevent drunkenness, when eaten before meals.
- Whoever loses his hair should pound up peach kernels; mix them with vinegar, and put them on the bald place.
- The water distilled from peach flowers opens the bowels of infants and destroys their worms.
From: Pow-Wows, or Long Lost Friend, by John George Hoffman, 
- How to Make a Tincture by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- How to Make a Healing Salve by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Herbal Remedies For Toothache Pain by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- A Very Good Remedy For The Gravel by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Honey and Cinnamon Cure Alls by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment