- 2 fresh, young nettle tops
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped blackberry leaves
- 1 sprig fresh peppermint
- 1 head of meadowsweet flowers
- 2 cups boiling water
Infuse in a covered pot for 10 minutes, strain and take three times a day in wineglassful doses.
- A handful of fresh Chamomile, Meadowsweet, Elder, or Lime flowers
- 2 1/2 ounces warm Milk, Cream, Buttermilk, or Whey
- Oatmeal, Bran, or Wheatgerm (optional)
Soak the flowers in the liquid in a covered pan for 3 hours. Strain, reheat and dissolve a little honey in the liquid. A spoonful of oatmeal, bran or wheatgerm will thicken the lotion. Keep refrigerated and use within a week.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology