A Simple Lotion
- A handful of fresh Chamomile, Meadowsweet, Elder, or Lime flowers
- 2 1/2 ounces warm Milk, Cream, Buttermilk, or Whey
- Oatmeal, Bran, or Wheatgerm (optional)
Soak the flowers in the liquid in a covered pan for 3 hours. Strain, reheat and dissolve a little honey in the liquid. A spoonful of oatmeal, bran or wheatgerm will thicken the lotion. Keep refrigerated and use within a week.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
2 Responses to A Simple Lotion
Leave a Reply
- Sharon from Cleveland, Ohio: Egg White Cough Cure
- Vagabond Witch: Soapwort Shampoo
- Jack Sanchez: Licorice and Lemon for Coughs
- Brenda: Slippery Elm for Bronchitis
- shirleytwofeathers: Figs – A Cure For What Ails You
Any natural substances for getting off white and black heads. Also, are used for fixing wrinkles.