- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup boiling water or hot Milk
Stir the Cayenne into the liquid and sip slowly. This will warm the whole system and is an old remedy for warding off disease.
If the taste is too strong, take Cayenne in pill form, or try ground ginger with honey – a deliciously warming drink.
From: The Complete Book of Herbs and Spices
For information about the individual herbs visit: The Encyclopedia of Herbology
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 5 Comments
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment