Naturopathic doctors today have improved on this remedy by alternating gargling with warm ginger juice and gargling with cold pineapple juice.
Here’s the recipe for the ginger juice:
Boil one-half cup of water and one teaspoon of powdered ginger, just until boiling. Once it has cooled, add one-quarter teaspoon of honey and the juice of half of a lemon. Alternate gargling with the ginger juice mixture and with cool pineapple juice. Repeat as needed.
Salt has been used from the earliest times as a means to soothe a sore throat. In India, however, many people today will gargle daily with a pinch of salt and a pinch of turmeric. They do this as a preventive measure and to clear their throats of mucus.
Another variation of gargling with warm salt water comes from an ancient yogic tradition. While gargling with warm salt water, practice the throat opening sounds “oh,” “ay,” “mi,” and “li.” If you persevere, you will find that your throat opens and relief is given.
- About Healing By Medicine by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Healing With The Fingertips by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Ladybird Toothache Cure by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- Nature Cure For Epilepsy by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment
- 3 Pow Wow Epilepsy Cures by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment