Salt has been used from the earliest times as a means to soothe a sore throat. In India, however, many people today will gargle daily with a pinch of salt and a pinch of turmeric. They do this as a preventive measure and to clear their throats of mucus.
Another variation of gargling with warm salt water comes from an ancient yogic tradition. While gargling with warm salt water, practice the throat opening sounds “oh,” “ay,” “mi,” and “li.” If you persevere, you will find that your throat opens and relief is given.
- Figs – A Cure For What Ails You by shirleytwofeathers - 5 Comments
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment