Sauerkraut Juice For a Sore Throat
Europeans and early Americans gargled with sauerkraut juice – the fermented juice of the cabbage plant.
This refers to the traditional fermented homemade Sauerkraut which is an excellent source of probiotics and enzymes for gut health. Commercial sauerkraut is not the same.
To make homemade sauerkraut, layer scores of chopped cabbage leaves in a Crock-Pot, sprinkling salt over each layer. Alternatively, you can knead the salt into the chopped cabbage leaves instead of layering it. Cover it with a clean cloth and tightly weigh it down with a stone or heavy plates. Let it sit for six weeks or more. Draw off the juice and gargle as needed to alleviate a sore throat.
Leave a Reply
- Slippery Elm for Pleurisy by shirleytwofeathers - 3 Comments
- Cinnamon Cures and Remedies by shirleytwofeathers - 2 Comments
- A Simple Lotion by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Ginger and Pineapple for Sore Throat by shirleytwofeathers - 1 Comment
- Tincture of Lemon Balm by shirleytwofeathers - No Comment